PDA

View Full Version : Sat 19th Sun 20th

thankgod
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Hey guys, me and some friends up here in Westminster are going for a ride both on Sat 19th and Sun 20th. Three bikes so far and looking to get some more peeps for our group. Lemme know if you'd be down and we could arrange a meeting spot, perhaps around 120th and Huron, then heading up to them there hills. If you wanna ride either/or both days, we don't care! Just need more bodies! High 60's all weekend!!! 8) Text 520nineeightzero0 588. Peaces!

2isbetterthan4
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I'd be down if I wasn't working this weekend, but if it's nice next week/weekend and you guys are going out just let me know and I'd be happy to come

Nobody
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Just need more bodies!

Aw guess I'm not invited then lol.

Count me in for Sunday, I'll shoot you a PM and figure out the starting point.

Vellos
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 01:33 AM
What hills are you going to do? Typical public meeting spots are at a gas station near the mountains where the real ride begins, that way people who already live close by don't have to drive into Denver just to head straight back. So if you can elaborate more on the plan I might join you guys.

Hahahaha. :up:

thankgod
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Of course you are.

Count me in for Sunday, I'll shoot you a PM and figure out the starting point.
Word!
[QUOTE=Vellos;549022]What hills are you going to do? Typical public meeting spots are at a gas station near the mountains where the real ride begins, that way people who already live close by don't have to drive into Denver just to head straight back. So if you can elaborate more on the plan I might join you guys.

We're located in Westminster so if anyone want's to meet that lives in this area,around 9:00-9:30ish?, I what I had planed for Saturday...Westy> I25->I70->Meet whomever in Golden->6 Hwy->Black Hawk->119 Hwy->Nederland->Lunch in Boulder? I'm open to suggestions. I think it's called p2p up to from BH to Neds? :D Then Sunday maybe heading up to Estes if it's not too cold. We still have time to plan something.

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:41 AM
its really important to outline every single stop and road taken in a public forum that everyone can see. Just kknow that big brother is watching you ;)

planning on hitting any post lunch canyons as well? if so then I'd prob meet in EP for lunch

thankgod
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I'd like to Meet the Northies up here by 120th and Huron the gas station next to the Cracker Barrel (Circle K). 9-930, then a trip to the Golden StarBucks 10-1030 to meet up with other riders... Gas up, coffee down, then Black Hawk to 119 to Nederland. Maybe Lunch in Neds/Boulder, then if some of us were still in to mood we could coast up and down 7 HWY the rest of he day. :hump:Hello Big Brother and Little Sister!
its really important to outline every single stop and road taken in a public forum that everyone can see. Just know that big brother is watching you ;)

planning on hitting any post lunch canyons as well? if so then I'd prob meet in EP for lunch

Ricky
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Generally, meets on 120th are at ThorCo. History tells me this ride is already ruined because it's posted publicly.

BC14
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Generally, meets on 120th are at ThorCo. History tells me this ride is already ruined because it's posted publicly.
I would agree.

Vellos
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 01:19 PM

I don't get it. Can't meet new people you enjoy riding with unless you open some of your trips to the public. My riding is 1/3 alone, 1/3 friends, 1/3 public, and I love 'em all.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I don't get it. Can't meet new people you enjoy riding with unless you open some of your trips to the public. My riding is 1/3 alone, 1/3 friends, 1/3 public, and I love 'em all.

No, I think it's his tinfoil hat telling him that bigbrother is watching and will be waiting along the route to handz him a ticket.

Really, I think bigbrother waits along that route regardless of whether it's posted here or not.

Vellos
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Oh I see. I hosted like 10 rides last season and posted the full route every time, never had a LEO 'waiting' for us. Plus this is early season and you guys shouldn't be going too fast up there with the sandy spots, snow melt, and cold roads.

I just wanted an official meet time and a general idea of where were going - how long we'll be out. I'm totally down to meet you guys when you come into Boulder for lunch (I don't want to wake up at 9) and hooligan on St. Vrain. Is that the plan for both Saturday and Sunday, or just one of the two?

thankgod
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 02:44 PM

Yup, sometimes I don't get it either. I just wanted to invite a few more peeps to join up. Don't have any plans? You are welcome to join us. :D I'm going to ride both days in the same area, possibly going up to Estes Park Sunday. Meeting place for Northies, 104th and 1-25 Shell Station 9:30-10:00am, meeting place for everyone else Golden Star Bucks, 10-10:20am We'll Cruz up 6 hwy to Black Hawk then 119 to Neds, then into Boulder, out then out towards Lyons. Somewhere in there we'll stop for lunch. Shoot me a text. Gotta get going to work...ttyl! ;)

Lomax
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Are they out to get you? :roll:

I am not sure what is up this weekend but have subscribed to see where this goes.

Of course you probably don't want an old slow fart tagging along.:D

Marc

DriverDave
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I might be persuaded to join up in Golden.

Vellos
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I'll go Sunday.

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM
passed some po' on P2P today between Ned and Ward, luckily I was dodging runoff and potholes, so I wasn't doing anything too stupid...

I won't know if I'm game until the weekend gets closer...but the chances of me slabbing it down to golden to ride back up here are slim...have fun gents

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Really, I think bigbrother waits along that route regardless of whether it's posted here or not.

Seems pretty accurate from my experiences.

Briniker
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Just joined CSC but looking to get in on some rides. I might be in for Saturday. Just did P2P last week and conditions were great for this time of year.

Ted
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:23 PM
:up:

thankgod
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Why not? It would be fun! I don't know if my other riding buddy is gonna show up because of his daughter...but I'm going regardless.
Are they out to get you? :roll:

I am not sure what is up this weekend but have subscribed to see where this goes.

Of course you probably don't want an old slow fart tagging along.:D

Marc

Ricky
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM
For me, it has very little to do with big brother. It's because big rides tend to breed some stupidity. I've been on enough rides where too many people has caused too many problems. People leaving the group and not telling anyone is the worst. When you ride with a few people that ruin the ride, you'll see why many rides go private.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM
So how do you meet new people to invite into your private circle if you don't join up with a public ride now and then?

The pre-ride brief is intended to address leaving the ride without notifying the organizer and also to encourage people to ride their own ride.

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:46 AM
On pretty much all the rides I have joined in the past year, there have been no official lead/sweep, and no "pep talk". I am even at fault on this one, I got nominated to lead on one ride and we left a friend behind when they had bike troubles because I didn't know how many were in our group, and there was no sweep.

If I join a public ride I make sure I am either in the front, or in the back, because I have had too many instances where someone has gone down right in front of me. Yes accidents happen, but having to pick someone up out of a ditch because they were riding over their head/skill level is not something I look forward to doing.

It can't be stressed enough that people need to ride their own ride...its far too easy to get caught up in the moment. And just because you are the slowest, doesn't necessarily mean you should sweep. Your most experienced rider, and mechanically/medically minded person should be sweep when at all possible.

I hope to join in on Sunday... :cheers:

Wheatstraw
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I'd like to join the ride at the Golden Starbucks on Sunday 10-10:20. Can you post the address? Thanks!

Ricky
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
So how do you meet new people to invite into your private circle if you don't join up with a public ride now and then?

Social events. I've met more people that way than I did on rides. Don't get me wrong, I've met plenty of people on public rides, but way more at the social events.

On pretty much all the rides I have joined in the past year, there have been no official lead/sweep, and no "pep talk". I am even at fault on this one, I got nominated to lead on one ride and we left a friend behind when they had bike troubles because I didn't know how many were in our group, and there was no sweep.

If I join a public ride I make sure I am either in the front, or in the back, because I have had too many instances where someone has gone down right in front of me. Yes accidents happen, but having to pick someone up out of a ditch because they were riding over their head/skill level is not something I look forward to doing.

It can't be stressed enough that people need to ride their own ride...its far too easy to get caught up in the moment. And just because you are the slowest, doesn't necessarily mean you should sweep. Your most experienced rider, and mechanically/medically minded person should be sweep when at all possible.

^^^ This... Most all rides I've been on are well organized, well planned, and there's plenty of experienced people to help the less experienced. Not about fast pace, and it's about everyone getting through the ride safely. Clear leader/follower and route to the next stop. And the understanding that if someone doesn't catch up, we turn around to go back and see what happened. Making sure that riders understand all hand/foot signals, and how to correctly pass someone, and how not to be an asshole in the pack not allowing the bike behind you to pass. I liked my first few public rides because they were well organized. The first time I went out on a ride, I felt comfortable because of it all.

thankgod
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I believe it's 114 N. Rubey Dr, Golden CO, 80403 Hwy 93 and Washington.

I'd like to join the ride at the Golden Starbucks on Sunday 10-10:20. Can you post the address? Thanks!

Wheatstraw
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Great! Thanks.

thankgod
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
NP :D Also we'll stop for lunch on saturday at the West End Tavern in Boulder off of Canyon and 9th. Suggestions for lunch on sunday would be appreciated. I was thinking CPK California Pizza Kitchen. HAPPY St. PATTY'S DAY!!!:guinness:

Ayato
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 02:20 AM
i'd be up for sunday =D

If you are thinking pizza in boulder, much better options than CPK

Vellos
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Abos pizza is better and not sit down. If you go to the one on Table Mesa it has better parking.

And I'll show up in Golden on Sunday at 10 for the full ride. Lots of new peeps coming so I'll be there to sweep and make sure everyone gets there safely.

SaShWhO
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
it's a kiddo weekend for me so I'll have to pass.
soon my bruthers!!:)

Lomax
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 06:40 PM
As I have not ridden with this group in a long time I am going to try and make the Saturday ride.

I will not be riding like an ID10T and will be happy to sweep if needed. I will not be super speeding BTW: Last weekend when I was up in the canyons there was a fair amount of sand still so this kid at least will be taking it fairly easy. I welcome those that want to take it easy to ride with me.

I know the roads up there very well and will see you in Golden around 10 ish.

If this is a problem for the group please feel free to let me know.

I will leave the super cruiser at home and and least ride my semi sport bike. :lol:

Marc

swademaster
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I will not be riding like an ID10T and will be happy to sweep if needed.

When have you ever ridden like an idiot? I've never seen it when riding with you.:squid:

DemonRider
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'll make it on Sunday, I'm On-Call so I may need to leave any moment, but I'll at least let the "Sweeper" know if I do!

Lomax
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
:hibye:Wade, I was just letting others know where I am coming from and if slower riders wished to go on this I would be happy to accommodate them and the general group.

Now don't ruin my reputation. :lol:

Long time no see , I hope everything is well with you.

See you tomorrow ???

Marc

swademaster
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I wish I could make it tomorrow, but it won't happen. Hopefully we can get together for a ride this summer.

Think
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:55 PM

I'm guilty of this on the "ride or die" ride we had last year near the beginning of the season. Luckily I had Dave there to help me and he ended up sweeping. Had a pretty big group and no one ended up going down fortunately.

thankgod
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 12:19 AM
it's a kiddo weekend for me so I'll have to pass.
soon my bruthers!!:)

Wish we had that Repsol there (so the big brother
cadets will stop YOU while we're riding) :D jk.

Lomax
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Good ride today all. Well for all four of us. :lol: Good to meet some new people. :yes:

And now for proof.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/FZ6/DSC01627.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/FZ6/DSC01628.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/FZ6/DSC01631.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/FZ6/DSC01630.jpg

Marc

bizzo
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 02:00 PM
damn im sorry i missed this! so beautiful outside.. went for a nice long solo ride!

OUTLAWD
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I'm guilty of this on the "ride or die" ride we had last year near the beginning of the season.

haha...wasn't even thinking of that ride...guess I don't consider it a ride if I don't have to at least fill up once

same plan for tomorrow? I'll try to get down to golden, if I can resist the urge to do some 12 oz curls tonight:drink:

thankgod
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Me too, (12 oz curls) it was fun and very nice to meet you all...was a little slow but very enjoyable. Sweet pics... yeah same plan tomorrow except everyone meet at the Star Bucks in Golden...c ya!

Cap'n Crunch
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm in for Sunday! See you guys at Golden Starbucks at 10am. I'm hoping to catch the MotoGP race at 1pm, so I may split off from the pack at around 12.

vort3xr6
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 08:15 PM
See you fools in the morning!!

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Would totally be able to make this if you guys were meeting .5 - 1 hour later :(

vort3xr6
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Would totally be able to make this if you guys were meeting .5 - 1 hour later :(

You wanna go on a separate ride closer to us? I just want to ride mang.

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Just depends on Jbomb

thankgod
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=Cap'n Crunch;549766]I'm in for Sunday! See you guys at Golden Starbucks at 10am. I'm hoping to catch the MotoGP race at 1pm, so I may split off from the pack at around 12.[/QUOTE

At Hooters? I'm so down!

Swift
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 12:52 AM
I don't think I can physically handle another canyon ride for a couple days. Hooters though is definitely on.

vort3xr6
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Good ride today. Sorry to the Euro guys who went down on coal creek. Hope everybody is okay.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/VoRt3Xr6/Summer%20ridin/GOPR0124-2Large.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/VoRt3Xr6/Summer%20ridin/GOPR0167-2Large.jpg

Vellos
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM
So that was you on the DRZ. Someone from this ride went down on Coal Creek?

DemonRider
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Had fun guys, thanks, that first curve was dussey I must say!!! Oh well, still was fun. Got called out once I hit Bolder so went to work until a few min. ago.

Till next time :) I guess I'll post my screw up and the rest of VID that I got with the Go Pro a little later, it will be unedited until I can get a decent editing software, LOL!!

Cap'n Crunch
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the ride fellas! Hope everyone got home ok.

Zach929rr
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Someone from this ride went down on Coal Creek?

It was one or two of those guys that also met at Starbucks. Looks like the RSV4 and BMW 1000r (possibly) went down. I did see an ambulance, but the sheriff I spoke with didn't know shit. Hope everyone from that group is ok :(

BC14
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Oh man.... sounds pretty serious.....hope to hear an update soon about what happened... ugh... spring riding, gotta take it easy in the corners, esp in the foothills canyons. They dump trucks of sand on those roads.

Lomax
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM
WOW I hope he is OK at least. It sounds bad.

I rode Coal Creek yesterday with the CSC group and today by myself and it sure was sandy. It could catch you up in a heart beat.

Marc

vort3xr6
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Had fun guys, thanks, that first curve was dussey I must say!!! Oh well, still was fun. Got called out once I hit Bolder so went to work until a few min. ago.

Till next time :) I guess I'll post my screw up and the rest of VID that I got with the Go Pro a little later, it will be unedited until I can get a decent editing software, LOL!!

Sony Vegas Pro is the only software worth looking at. Adobe and Windows Movie maker don't touch H.264 MP4's.

Twas a good ride fo sho. Sorry I was such a hooligan that a harley guy had to yell at me.

DemonRider
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Sony Vegas Pro is the only software worth looking at. Adobe and Windows Movie maker don't touch H.264 MP4's.

Twas a good ride fo sho. Sorry I was such a hooligan that a harley guy had to yell at me.

Hooligan,,,,, hahahahahaha, gimmie a break,,, seen sooo much worse, some people just need to get there heads out of there, well you know!!! Sony Vegas Pro,,,, I'll look into into it if it don't cost too much anyway hehe we will see (I'm a cheap ass when it comes to software).

DemonRider
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Screwed up the Video again, recorded in 1080P which screwed the angle again, sorry no video to post unless you want to see nothing but pavement again and my screw up on the first curve..... Damn,,,, I'll learn

thankgod
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Sweets! Thanks to Vellos for lead, Capt'n Crunch and everyone that came out today...to bad we had to deal with that guy who had to get his 2 cents in about the hooligans (like his opinion mattered) :lol:

Vellos
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I found the wind much more offensive than the Harley rider opening his mouth. Nice meeting you guys.

DemonRider
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 12:14 AM
I found the wind much more offensive than the Harley rider opening his mouth. Nice meeting you guys.

The wind was a factor for sure. It made everything just a little interesting. :harrrrr:

thankgod
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 09:25 AM
the wind I can live with...the Harley Rider I can do without...

Zach929rr
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 09:38 AM
gatdaym hoooooligains

Demon I'm sure me or Vortex could hook you up with a "permanent fully unlocked trial version" of Vegas.

OUTLAWD
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 04:34 PM
gatdaym hoooooligains

Demon I'm sure me or Vortex could hook you up with a "permanent fully unlocked trial version" of Vegas.

Good seeing you guys in Ned...figured it was better to hit up some northerly canyons instead of slabbing it to golden in the morning

sorry to hear someone went down...hopefully they are unscathed besides for egos

and this vegas...think it could run on my netbook? currently I'm using moviemaker because adobe sucked the life out of my little computer

vampie
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Just so you guys know, the "Harley rider" is an AMA racer and just happened to take his wife's Harley out for a spin that morning. He's a member of the Ducati club that meets there every Sunday morning and that is why he didn't appreciate the hooligan antics.

If the management of the Starbucks saw what was going on, or people complained, they (or everyone for that matter) could loose the spot as a meetup.

DemonRider
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Just so you guys know, the "Harley rider" is an AMA racer and just happened to take his wife's Harley out for a spin that morning. He's a member of the Ducati club that meets there every Sunday morning and that is why he didn't appreciate the hooligan antics.

If the management of the Starbucks saw what was going on, or people complained, they (or everyone for that matter) could loose the spot as a meetup.

Well it wasn't personal, he just came accross the wrong way to the wrong people. We expressed his words the offenders and that's that. Let's just go riding and have some fun!!:cheers: PEACE!!

Vellos
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:37 PM

That's ridiculous. No way a manager would lose that much business over petty antics. The old guy just wanted to wag his finger and feel special - if he really thought it was a problem he could have talked to the person(s) hooliganing around. No property damage was done, no people were put in harms way, so he just came off as an ass to the group of us going over hand signals and the pre-ride talk. Just because we're a younger group doesn't mean what we do is five times worse than what it really is - so please lighten up.

vort3xr6
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:23 PM

I race in the MRA, and help promote ABATE of Colorado so people can get to the track. Just cause I rode my bike up a 4% incline grass hill doesn't make me a disgrace to riders everywhere. There was no vandalism of property, loud noises, or bothering of other patrons. His comments were completely out of line regardless where he came from. Sorry the ducati club needs their pretentious meet up spot to stand by their bikes. Next time I will sit at the conoco so they can get their peens hard over how expensive their bikes are.

OUTLAWD
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Next time I will sit at the conoco so they can get their peens hard over how expensive their bikes are.

:spit:

bizzo
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:31 AM
Sorry the ducati club needs their pretentious meet up spot to stand by their bikes. Next time I will sit at the conoco so they can get their peens hard over how expensive their bikes are.

:leghump:

:boobies:

you had me at conoco.

thankgod
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM
That's ridiculous. No way a manager would lose that much business over petty antics. The old guy just wanted to wag his finger and feel special - if he really thought it was a problem he could have talked to the person(s) hooliganing around. No property damage was done, no people were put in harms way, so he just came off as an ass to the group of us going over hand signals and the pre-ride talk. Just because we're a younger group doesn't mean what we do is five times worse than what it really is - so please lighten up.

:yes:

thankgod
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I race in the MRA, and help promote ABATE of Colorado so people can get to the track. Just cause I rode my bike up a 4% incline grass hill doesn't make me a disgrace to riders everywhere. There was no vandalism of property, loud noises, or bothering of other patrons. His comments were completely out of line regardless where he came from. Sorry the ducati club needs their pretentious meet up spot to stand by their bikes. Next time I will sit at the conoco so they can get their peens hard over how expensive their bikes are.

How could you run over dead grass like that? lol Think of the soccer moms...:boobies: