PDA

View Full Version : New road course at PPIR

CaneZach
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Ninja me if this has already been discussed, but is there any idea when PPIR's new road course is going to break ground? It looks like they're planning on building a pretty decent course!

http://www.ppir.com/track-info/2-1-mile-road-course-map

UglyDogRacing
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Ninja me if this has already been discussed, but is there any idea when PPIR's new road course is going to break ground? It looks like they're planning on building a pretty decent course!

http://www.ppir.com/track-info/2-1-mile-road-course-map

Still in the planning stage. They have it staked out and took us for a ride around it in a truck last year. Like any new track, they are trying to come up with the $$$ to build it.

CaneZach
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Still in the planning stage. They have it staked out and took us for a ride around it in a truck last year. Like any new track, they are trying to come up with the $$$ to build it.

Thanks, Jim. I'm assuming we won't see anything until 2012 at the earliest?

UglyDogRacing
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks, Jim. I'm assuming we won't see anything until 2012 at the earliest?

I wouldn't hold your breath for 2012. Then again I never thought the city of Pueblo would repave PMP either.....

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
haha...NJMP wa in "planning stages" for at least 10 years before anything ever happened

jgixxer1
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I emailed the track manager and he said due to lack of turnout last year they didn't put anything for bikes on the schedule this year. He said he is open every weekday for testing when the track isn't rented for Pro Testing on the oval. He said to let him know when I/you want to come out and I'll get you on. That's awesome!! I see my vacation time burning up real quick in the near future. That track is perfect for the Berg; not too long.

jgixxer1
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Sorry. Wrong thread. Meant to post in the one where someone asked is PPIR still open every Monday.

BadR6Man
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 07:14 PM
haha...NJMP wa in "planning stages" for at least 10 years before anything ever happened

Yeah MJMP was open whle I was living in VA but I never got to ride either track they have. From my friends and other riders views, they did a heck of job and it was worth the 5 hour drive to get there.

Is the original Pueblo track still going to be there? That is a fun track and I like it just the wat it is.

675Rider
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 01:41 AM
That does look nice! Hopefully it comes to fruition.

Matt
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I emailed the track manager and he said due to lack of turnout last year they didn't put anything for bikes on the schedule this year. He said he is open every weekday for testing when the track isn't rented for Pro Testing on the oval. He said to let him know when I/you want to come out and I'll get you on. That's awesome!! I see my vacation time burning up real quick in the near future. That track is perfect for the Berg; not too long.

If you (or anybody here) is interested in getting a group to ride PPIR some week day, count me in.

I went one Monday last year and was the only person there. It was fun for a few laps to get reacquainted with the place, but super boring otherwise.