PDA

View Full Version : Meet-up for South Newb Ride

GuitarX
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I thought I'd post this here in case any interested riders don't see it in the Dirty South rides section.

I'll be meeting some other Northies in the Fay Myers parking lot on Saturday so we can head down to the Springs together for the Bishops Castle newb ride. Probably get there around 8:15, KSU 8:30. Any other folks want to head down with us, just meet us there.

Swift
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Maybe. Need to sort out my plans this weekend.

CaneZach
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 05:37 PM
How are you guys getting down south? I'm assume you guys are slabbing it, but maybe Hwy 83? Also, do you guys know how to get to the Southie meet-up location?

BC14
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hwy 83, and I'm familiar with the meet up location. I rode that stretch quite a bit when I lived in the springs area.

musclemutt99
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds like fun, I'll go. I'll meet you at the Fay Myers parking lot at 8:15?

BC14
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Look for a white VFR(I think that's what Gary is bringing) or a land yacht in silver (kawi concours14)

CaneZach
Wed Mar 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Hwy 83, and I'm familiar with the meet up location. I rode that stretch quite a bit when I lived in the springs area.

Cool. See y'all there.

GuitarX
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Look for a white VFR(I think that's what Gary is bringing) or a land yacht in silver (kawi concours14)

Actually, I believe I'll be on the boogerschnot green Triumph Speed Triple on Saturday. :alien:

Musclemutt, I look forward to meeting you!

Swift
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Actually, I believe I'll be on the boogerschnot green Triumph Speed Triple on Saturday. :alien:
Wanna trade bikes? :bow:

EDIT:
I'll be there bright and early. If you guys happen to see me pass by instead of coming straight there, I'm probably grabbing gas.

GuitarX
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Wanna trade bikes? :bow:

LOL! I actually have someone trying to get me to sell the Trumpet but I just don't know if I could bear to do it. It's one of the best bikes out there, certainly one of the absolute funnest bikes I've ever owned, and I know I'd kick myself for ever selling it. Especially now that they've gone and ruined the styling for 2011, I feel like I own an instant classic now... :roll:

Swift
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I absolutely love the Speed Triple. Comparing the Street Triple with it is like saying Pedobear is more kid friendly than Elmo.

caj07r6
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm in!
I don't get off work till 3am. But I may sneak out early to catch a few zzzz.:sleeping:

GuitarX
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I absolutely love the Speed Triple.

Hey Swift, here's your chance:

http://www.rideatriumph.com/2010speedtriple?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=speed-triple&utm_campaign=mcrae-2011

:devil2:

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Especially now that they've gone and ruined the styling for 2011, I feel like I own an instant classic now... :roll:

best looking IMO :hump:
http://www.helmethairblog.com/speed_triple_kenneth.jpg

and the classic ;)
http://www.t300.dk/album/standard/Triumph-SpeedTriple-1994.jpg

Swift
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hey Swift, here's your chance:

http://www.rideatriumph.com/2010speedtriple?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=speed-triple&utm_campaign=mcrae-2011

:devil2:
I would be all over that if I could afford it. I'll probably find one used to trade my beemer on eventually. You know how many older guys buy them thinking they can handle it and then next thing you know they just sit collecting dust.

GuitarX
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 04:49 PM
best looking IMO :hump:
http://www.helmethairblog.com/speed_triple_kenneth.jpg

Yep, this is the one I fell in love with many years ago. It's exactly why I bought the Roulette Green '07. Awesome awesome bikes.

BC14
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I absolutely love the Speed Triple. Comparing the Street Triple with it is like saying Pedobear is more kid friendly than Elmo.

Easy now...I have a good friend with a Street Triple. And she's coming on the ride tomorrow.

Swift
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Personal preference. I just don't fit on the damn thing being 6'3". It's fun to rip the piss out of that motor to redline. I hit the rev limiter on the white one that Erico has for sale. lol A lot of fun to ride but I couldn't ride it for very long because of its size.

salsashark
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 09:57 AM
well hell... with all this talk of green speedies, maybe I'll bring mine out to play. :devious:

bornwildnfree
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
We might meet you there. Not sure if we can make 830.

aerofaze
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Wished my shortness could fit on the Speed Triple, but the Street at Erico was perfect since I'm not Swift-size. :lol:

On the Bishop's ride tomorrow, I've got GuitarX's, Swift's, and Spiderman's phone numbers if we need to get ahold of you people tomorrow. See ya soon!!!

well hell... with all this talk of green speedies, maybe I'll bring mine out to play. :devious:

Salsa, you have such nice bikes... I'd give you crap for not bringing the Duc, but the greenie is pretty damn awesome. Are you thinking of joining the group to meet us Dirty Southerners tomorrow too???

GuitarX
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Easy now...I have a good friend with a Street Triple. And she's coming on the ride tomorrow.

Yeah, don't be slammin' the little bro'! It's funny but many people say the Street is a better-riding m/c than the Speed. I think they even based the handling of the 2011 Speed Triple on the Street Triple.

GuitarX
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Bring that puppy out! Having 3 green Triples would be way too cool. :squid:

GuitarX
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
We might meet you there. Not sure if we can make 830.

Born - we can wait a few extra minutes for you if you think you're definitely going to meet us. Just remember we need to be in south CSP by 10-ish so that's why I chose the time I did. I figure if we leave at 8:30 we'll be good on time.

salsashark
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Salsa, you have such nice bikes... I'd give you crap for not bringing the Duc, but the greenie is pretty damn awesome. Are you thinking of joining the group to meet us Dirty Southerners tomorrow too???

I'd ride the Duc, but the assembly of Triumphs sounds pretty cool...

I had planned on replacing a window well tomorrow, but after weighing my options... ride the bike all day? or push a shovel all day? hmmmmmm yeah, I'll be riding.

Bring that puppy out! Having 3 green Triples would be way too cool. :squid:

It's the motorcycle equivalent of dividing by zero!

WolFeYeZ
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Ill probably been joining up with you guys at Fay. My # is 808-280-9030. Cya all tomorrow. :)

GuitarX
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Ill probably been joining up with you guys at Fay. My # is 808-280-9030. Cya all tomorrow. :)

Cool! See you then. My number is 303-282-9800 if you need it.

OUTLAWD
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
normally there is a 1-2 triumph cap on all CSC rides...I would not wear earplugs just to hear the symphony of triples...

GuitarX
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 04:37 PM
normally there is a 1-2 triumph cap on all CSC rides...I would not wear earplugs just to hear the symphony of triples...

LOL! Are you meeting up with us tomorrow? Another Triumph is always a good thing. :cheers: