PDA

View Full Version : HPR Final Winter Lapping Days

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
From an HPR email...figured I'd pass it along

-----------------------------------------------------

The NASA event was previously moved to the weekend of March 19/20 so that the following two weekends could be used in the event of bad weather (you wouldn't know it to look outside today, but March IS our snowiest month, after all). With this coming weekend forecasted to be in the 60's I am confident that the "backup" dates will not be necessary.

So, the weekend of March 26/27 has been scheduled as Open Lapping, with bikes on Saturday and Cars on Sunday. These will be the final days this spring that will be run under the Winter pricing/hours/cancellation policies.

Valguard
Fri Mar 18th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hmm. Anyone going to this?

sprtbkbabe
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
waiting on weather forecast at least 24 hours before...

gripped
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
If the weather looks good I'm in for sure. :yes:

mforza
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Just remember to sign up at least day before by noon!! Otherwise it will be canceled again:scream2:

jgixxer1
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I'm in

jgixxer1
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
I'm in

Looks like weather at HPR saturday is calling for 45 and 30% chance of precipitation. I had already signed up, but looks like another no go. Anyone up for PPIR this Friday? 63 and sunny. I emailed the track manager and he said since there is no EMS on standby that the most he could have is 6 bikes on the track at a time.

spideyrdr
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:31 PM
Looks like weather at HPR saturday is calling for 45 and 30% chance of precipitation. I had already signed up, but looks like another no go. Anyone up for PPIR this Friday? 63 and sunny. I emailed the track manager and he said since there is no EMS on standby that the most he could have is 6 bikes on the track at a time.

Yesterday they were forecasting a high of 55 on Saturday. So it's either going to really be taking a nosedive or they are still just guessing. If it looks like it'll be nice I might HAVE to get out there. I have a fever and the only cure is more track time.

spideyrdr
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yesterday they were forecasting a high of 55 on Saturday. So it's either going to really be taking a nosedive or they are still just guessing. If it looks like it'll be nice I might HAVE to get out there. I have a fever and the only cure is more track time.

Ok now we have:

Saturday: A slight chance of rain and snow before 9am, then a slight chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Weather.com has a slightly higher forecasted high and a 10% chance of rain.

gripped
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah 9 news for Deer Trail is saying mostly sunny, high 58. So I'm still holding out hope for Sat at HPR

jgixxer1
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 05:00 AM
I think this trackday will be more dependent on sign ups than the weather. I bet Mforza and I are the only ones actually signed up since the 3/12 day that got cancelled due to lack of sign ups. I'd much rather ride at HPR cause I've never been plus I need to pick up some tires in denver from sashwho and was gunna kill 2 birds with 1 stone, but also don't want to miss out on both HPR and PPIR last $100 day. I'm gunna try the HPR hotline one more time Friday morning about 8, and if there is still not enough signups I'm loading up and heading to PPIR. My luck, I'll try hotline again after 12noon Friday and recording will say HPR is a-go

Let's get signed up ASAP!

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I'm still on the mend, and the bike is in no shape for the track...so I am def a no go.

gripped
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Just signed up :scream2:

mforza
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
jgixxer1 if you going to HPR , send them an email that they can count you in!

hcr25
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Actually you need to sign up and pay to be counted.

mforza
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 12:58 PM
He already did last time but it was canceled so hes got credit.

mforza
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 03:05 PM
BTW I'm in!:)

57 and mostly sunny!

jgixxer1
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM
jgixxer1 if you going to HPR , send them an email that they can count you in!

already on top of it

spideyrdr
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I just signed up! Not sure it we'll get the minimum needed but if we do I'll see you guys out there!

spideyrdr
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Just checked the hotline. Cancelled. Bummer.

mforza
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 01:55 PM
ok, so how much is the PPIR? maybe i will go there.
what time?

The GECCO
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM
sorry guys, only 6 signups...

gripped
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
ok, so how much is the PPIR? maybe i will go there.
what time?

Yeah I would be interested in an afternoon session on sat. But I'm afraid they may not be open, anyone know?

jgixxer1
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I went to PPIR yesterday. He's open every weekday as long as nothing is on the calandar that day. Go to the website to check the calandar or here is the track manager email paul.jensen@ppir.com If you're gunna go I would try and get there by next Thursday. After that price goes back up to $150. PPIR was the perfect track for my Berg, not to big. I couldn't even tap out 6th on the front straight, but I geared it for HPR cause I thought I was going there.

Only 6 signups for HPR?......we all shoulda went to PPIR cause Paul said 6 is the most riders he could have on the track at a time without EMS on standby. I was the only bike there along with three M3's, a CTS-V, a Datsun 510 race car, and the sickest Datsun pickup I've ever seen which I got to ride in. It was a '66 with a supercharged Miata motor, F and R independent suspension, full disc brakes, race seats. Its amazing how deep they break in corners compared to on a bike, and he was drifting the infield turns. Amazing experience!!