PDA

View Full Version : 3-20-11 ride to canon city and back through Cripple Creek

BadR6Man
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 09:37 PM
OK, so I left my back protector at Chili's today and they found it. Heading on down there to pick it up on sun. Plan on going there and further west and taking the long way back through Cripple Creek and Woodland Park. A quick sprint to Deckers and back may be on the agenda.

Meet up:
Shell station at S academy and 115.
10:30am. pace will be set accordingly to who will show, noone gets left behind
Thinking maybe late lunch at Cripple Creek???? Drop a few coins in a one armed bandit???

Swift
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I'm destroyed physically after today. I ended up riding 75 miles straight from Ft. Carson to Arvada after we got back and split up to meet with my club. I'm looking forward to tits and beer tomorrow in lakewood. Have fun.

CaneZach
Sat Mar 19th, 2011, 10:54 PM
If I wasn't working, I'd join you.

OUTLAWD
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 01:32 AM
soooo far south....

Depths_of_Mind
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 06:48 AM
If I wasn't working, I'd join you.

ditto

BadR6Man
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I was solo today. Where did all of the popo come from? Only had to take one dirt road for a brief moment on 115. Although I was looking for about 3 other dirt roads along the way (to look at the scenery, yeah right). The only stretch of pavement where I didn't see any popo was from Canon city to cripple creek (route 9,11, and 1). There was still quite a bit of sand on that route so be careful out there.

Oh yeah, I picked up my back protector at Chili's. :w00t::w00t:

I got home and decided to pull the motor out to replace the transmission, install new tires(this set is done even for the street), chain and sprockets, and spark plugs, clean air filter, install race cam and degreeable sprockets, re-jet carbs for cam. The motor is just about out right now. Should be ready whenever. I still have a few other bikes to ride while the R6 is down temporarily.

Let's keep the rides going down here in the south this year.:rock:

thatmofo
Sun Mar 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Based on what I read about yesterday's ride, the cops were probably upset they didn't catch any of you yesterday so they came out to try to get someone today!

You and your dirt roads...