PDA

View Full Version : Best shop to try on Boots? Biggest Selection?

64BonnieLass
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 09:59 AM
I went to Performance Saturday to check out some new boots. They had a horrible selection IMO. Sun had hardly any to choose from either. I'm not sure where to go. I'm looking for street boots with a race twist in case I ever decide to hit the track again. My current A-Stars I love, but they were a lower-end model from the get go and the velcro is not holding anymore. I hate to spend huge money for cap't america race boots that I don't really need, but I was hoping for someone in town to provide a selection.

Does anybody know who in town carries a varied selection of boots to try on?

salsashark
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
I think your best bet is going to be hitting up different shops and comparing their "in stocks" with the others in town.

will-t
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Check out Powersports in Boulder on 55th. I haven't been in there in a while, but they used to have a decent selection to choose from.

You could also try Mike's in Boulder. I don't know specifically what their boot selection is like, but if you're just tooling around town anyway, can't hurt to stop in.

aerofaze
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
It's really hard to find decent boots to try on in-store.

Down here in the Springs, the apparel guy at Apex told us we'd have to special order them or just go online. He said with so many options out there, they couldn't stock everything in various sizes with the expectation of being able to sell it all. Not sure if that's the the philosophy of other shops, but I can see where he's coming from.

So we just did a bunch of research and ended up ordering through online companies that had free and no-hassle returns.

Airreed
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:24 AM
Performance probably has the best selection in Denver. Your best bet is to find your size in the brand you want and buy them off the internet.
NewEnough.com always has a large selection and great prices.

64BonnieLass
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Performance did have 10-15 different boots, but they were all Sidi I think and kinda plain/ugly really and had maybe two different pure race level boots. (that was in the guys section) Girls section was super ugly and clunky (huge and thick at the toe) or Pink.

@Aerofaze, makes sense dealers can't carry em all. I don't blame em really. Guess I just had it my head that I would be able to find some selection.

I'll check newenough and see what I see.

Thank you everyone.

Chilly
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Whichever you choose, Las, make sure they're made for walking too...

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.motogearoutlet.com/ in Arvada stocks Sidi and Gaerne women's boots.

cptschlongenheimer
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 11:13 AM
+1 for motogear! Not a bad selection. Good prices. Helpful staff.

asp_125
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Might want to hit up Grand Prix, they have Sidis as well. Sprtbkbabe showed me her new Sidi Cobra (mens) boots yesterday, said they fit well. They were a street boot with toe sliders.

Sully
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Is it possible to keep your current boots and just replace the Velcro?

sprtbkbabe
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Sidi COBRA

I love these!!!

WARM!
Water-proof!
And I wear the lightest socks with them on cold morning rides into work!

Terri - Try on any Sidi pair at Performance and order them from the catalogue (this style isn't on their shelves).

The women's Sidi Lea boots with the pink are gawd awful. I saw them in person and WTF? They are PATENT LEATHER... BARF!!

bodhizafa
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 12:22 PM
Motogear Outlet is a cool small place. Got to try on some nice Gaerne stuff that others didn't have. Worth a look, cool workers there too.

64BonnieLass
Mon Mar 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
I'll definitely check out MotoGear and Grandprix.

Siobhan..not bad looking at all. I like those. I'll see if they make them in shrimp sizes.

Sully...I thought about just replacing the velcro, but my boots have seen their best day. These were the boots I bought from Tanya 5+ years ago. Seems like eons ago.

Thank you for all the great ideas everyone.