PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo weather...

japrules
Sun May 1st, 2005, 08:22 AM
I'm curious.. anybody know how they are making out? It looks sketchy today... they did raise the high though.. gotta suck foing thru tech at 32 degrees this morning!

King Nothing
Sun May 1st, 2005, 01:24 PM
just got back, canceled the races today......

japrules
Sun May 1st, 2005, 01:37 PM
Sorry about this guys... I had a sneaky suspicion this might happen.. I was hoping it would run for all the guys who went and have to admit since I decided to stand this one out I was hoping it might get axed...

Anybody know what these means in terms of will there be a make up race?

Lel
Sun May 1st, 2005, 03:44 PM
Make up races, points all TBA. It was 'ok' this morning. It was a little cold and the track was damp, but we were able to run at about 80-90%. However then the snow flakes started coming down and you couldnt see anything! they would hit your visor and just slush up; as well as the track surface was starting to get pretty wet.

We put it to a vote on what to do, and I was one of the majority that said not to race...... as much as I wanted to. In the future I would run in the rain, but running in snow/sleet, or this cold of temp is something different then running in summer rains. Overall I think the right call was made in not racing... but I think everyone has some quams about how we are going to deal with the no refund or make up weekend.

Jason

japrules
Sun May 1st, 2005, 04:57 PM
but I think everyone has some quams about how we are going to deal with the no refund or make up weekend.

Jason

Yeah, thats the chance you take with racing.. you can't ask the club to be responsible for the weather... well, thats my opinion.. I would personally not expect a refund.. I guess I got lucky and cancelled my entry when I saw the weather report for snow on friday night...

I'm looking forward to PPIR! I hear it may be a double weekend...?

J

Lel
Sun May 1st, 2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah, thats the chance you take with racing.. you can't ask the club to be responsible for the weather... well, thats my opinion.. I would personally not expect a refund.. I guess I got lucky and cancelled my entry when I saw the weather report for snow on friday night...

I'm looking forward to PPIR! I hear it may be a double weekend...?

J

I agree that you cant ask the club to be responsible for the weather, but you cant ask the racer to shoulder the burden alone. I see that we are all 50/50 in on this, would that work? Also on the way home I was thinking... what happens to all of the RoR payout money that would have been given out. Thats 5250 that would have been paid back to members that wasnt, I think the club might be making out a little better off then we are thinking.

As for a PPIR doubleheader, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING is only rumors until it is said from a board member; Ill go crazy if people turn this into another 'SCR closing' rumor mill.

Jason

Anonymous
Sun May 1st, 2005, 05:54 PM
The club is also out the money it cost for Friday, which includes staff, ambulance, and track rental. We also had people cancel before Sunday this weekend, which cut into the revenue further.

Bottom line is, we asked everyone what they wanted to do, knowing full well there would be no refunds either way. The overwhelming majority voted to go home... Out of curiosity, which side did you vote on?

"I think the club might be making out a little better off then we are thinking"

Wow, only 4 hours for the first conspiracy theory to come about. Good work! :roll:

japrules
Sun May 1st, 2005, 06:23 PM
Wow, only 4 hours for the first conspiracy theory to come about. Good work! :roll:

C'mon ease up.. its a valid question... maybe should have been phrased as a question not an accusation though...

Lel
Sun May 1st, 2005, 06:35 PM
No im not starting a conspiracy theory... but that 5250 covers friday doesnt it? 1800 to rent the track, that should leave enough to cover the costs I would think. I'm not in anyway saying the board is trying to jip the racer; I just have a hard time seeing that club is loosing money on this weekend since no refunds are given.

As for friday thats a whole 'nother barrel of worms... I never knew it was an 'official' track day until I think wednesday, and I am a message board junkie; how were others suppose to know? I missed it on the MRA website news section. Why was this day rented out? Jay usually keeps it a 'motorcycle only' practice day before the weekend of our races anyways (I can find the post from last year that we talked about it if we need to) as he does for all the car clubs as well. But that also brings up, if we were not allowed to practice in the rain/snow on friday how was that any different to make us race on sunday?

Either way, like I said I think it was the smart choice to cancel (and as I said I voted for the non-racing side, though I would have ridden if we chose to race). I think the decisions were made with full knowledge of the conditions. I think we would have ended up with a lot of people down, and maybe even some serious injuries; and thats not what we need. Hindsight may be 20/20 but its kinda rough to shoulder what seems to be all the burden of the weekend.

zx6er
Sun May 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM
pueblo weather?
lets see snow rain and butt ass cold
perfect racing conditions

lol

phillip

The GECCO
Sun May 1st, 2005, 06:46 PM
I think the club might be making out a little better off then we are thinking.
Jason

ummm, don't you mean "our" club? When you say "the" club it implies you think the money is gone and will never benefit you again. The club belongs to you, the racers, and I would hope that your first concern would be to insure that it stays financially viable. The alternative is that you, the racer, will have lots of extra cash lying around because there will be nowhere to race.

Believe me, I hear where you are coming from...it was hard to stand up there and tell a couple hundred type "A" personalities that they won't get their money back, but MY first obligation is to the health of the club. Most of our costs are fairly fixed, we have to pay them whether we race or not (track rental, fuel, insurance, sanctioning, corner crew, staff, ambulance, gate workers, office supplies, etc), just about the only exception would be the purses.

Let's say the club did make out pretty well this weekend (I don't think so, Friday's costs with $0 revenue pretty well wiped out the RoR purses, but let's say we did) just about the worst thing that will happen is we have a little extra money to spend on the things the club needs, like radios, airfence, vehicles, cornerworker meals/drinks, flags, etc. It isn't as if the money just vanished.

The board is not out to screw the racers...why would we? How would we benefit from it?

Glenn

japrules
Sun May 1st, 2005, 06:50 PM
No im not starting a conspiracy theory... but that 5250 covers friday doesnt it?

I think it would be wise for the club to make public the financials from the weekend.. be good PR.

I'm not sure what everyone spent on the entry.. I know my bill would have been $120.00... I think it would be nice for the club to take on half the burden but at the same time, if they were going to make money this would have to be considered as well.. there is a fair amount of infrastructure that has to be paid for each year that you cannot discount.. and at the same time, they gotta consider racers that paid for hotels and FUEL! Can't believe how much it costs to drive as of late!

Anyway... I am sure (?) the club will be fair on this.. I would hope..

Joe

zx6er
Sun May 1st, 2005, 06:53 PM
i see where you are coming from we need the money and all it will do is benefit us. or the club would have been out of the money from the track, and no one crashed because we did not ride so it could haved saved us money...

phillip

The GECCO
Sun May 1st, 2005, 06:54 PM
But that also brings up, if we were not allowed to practice in the rain/snow on friday how was that any different to make us race on sunday?

Friday was originally rented out as a school day, there wasn't enough demand, so it was turned into an MRA practice. And, you're right, Jay does do motorcycles only on those days at between $75 and $90 for the full day (don't recall the actual rate) with no ambulance, no AMA sanctioning and no corner crew. We were gonna give you all the extras for $50 for the whole day. Now who is making out pretty well?

The reason friday was cancelled because no one would have paid to practice anyway. It's not as if I had people standing there with money in hand and they were turned away. The difference between the two is motivation - there is little motivation to practice in the shit weather, there is a lot to RACE in it - you said it yourself, you would have raced if we had decided to, but I bet you wouldn't have paid to practice on Friday...

Lel
Sun May 1st, 2005, 06:57 PM
I think the club might be making out a little better off then we are thinking.
Jason

ummm, don't you mean "our" club? When you say "the" club it implies you think the money is gone and will never benefit you again. The club belongs to you, the racers, and I would hope that your first concern would be to insure that it stays financially viable. The alternative is that you, the racer, will have lots of extra cash lying around because there will be nowhere to race.

Believe me, I hear where you are coming from...it was hard to stand up there and tell a couple hundred type "A" personalities that they won't get their money back, but MY first obligation is to the health of the club. Most of our costs are fairly fixed, we have to pay them whether we race or not (track rental, fuel, insurance, sanctioning, corner crew, staff, ambulance, gate workers, office supplies, etc), just about the only exception would be the purses.

Let's say the club did make out pretty well this weekend (I don't think so, Friday's costs with $0 revenue pretty well wiped out the RoR purses, but let's say we did) just about the worst thing that will happen is we have a little extra money to spend on the things the club needs, like radios, airfence, vehicles, cornerworker meals/drinks, flags, etc. It isn't as if the money just vanished.

The board is not out to screw the racers...why would we? How would we benefit from it?

Glenn

Sorry I did mean our club :) and like I said I dont think the board is out to screw the racers; the right decision was made and it had to be made. Trust me, the last thing I would want to see is the club get financially cornholed. I love the crowed and love the racing; I dont want to see it go away. Theres definately a little pissing and moaning in my post, but nothing malicious. You gotta expect a little of it after all our built up anxiety to race this weekend. lol

I can look at it this way now... my bikes undamaged, and I have fresh tires for PPIR, and I lost nothing but money already spent.

zx6er
Sun May 1st, 2005, 07:04 PM
im sure u did :| jason
just playin with you
lol

phillip

Lel
Sun May 1st, 2005, 07:06 PM
hahah :lol:

jplracing
Sun May 1st, 2005, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, lets not forget that the club runs basically as a non profit.

Glen and the rest of board have really come through with the whole Andrew Gate ordeal. And if I remember right, last year we ended up have a free Saturday practice or two because the club was doing "well".

If any additional money is generated from this weekend ( which I am not sure how) we as racers will only end up benifiting in the long run.

Personally, I agree with the decsion not to race today due to the conditions and if that means that I am forfeiting the race fees rather than risking someone (phillip) getting hurt due to poor, unsafe conditions, then so be it.

Just my .02

Joe

BlueDevil
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 07:56 AM
The one thing I wish I had done or could do it drop the list of races I had and only pay for loose 1 race worth of money....but I guess that may screw me for PPIR also then huh? As far as grids go. So I lost some money and hopefully the grids remain the same and the wussies that stayed home dont get to reap the benifits of our loss in money.

None the less the loss of a few hundred dollars is far less than a few thousand if I wadded my bike up at 145+mph..... Plus trying to get a bike rebuilt in less than 2 weeks to race PPIR..... What a stress that would be. Mentally and financially. It sucks but what can U do now? My hope is that the grid thing works out so that I lost my money for 1 good reason.

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 08:28 AM
I'm one of the "wussies"... I think the rules should be followed to a "T" on the grid thing... :)

The one thing I wish I had done or could do it drop the list of races I had and only pay for loose 1 race worth of money....but I guess that may screw me for PPIR also then huh? As far as grids go. So I lost some money and hopefully the grids remain the same and the wussies that stayed home dont get to reap the benifits of our loss in money.

None the less the loss of a few hundred dollars is far less than a few thousand if I wadded my bike up at 145+mph..... Plus trying to get a bike rebuilt in less than 2 weeks to race PPIR..... What a stress that would be. Mentally and financially. It sucks but what can U do now? My hope is that the grid thing works out so that I lost my money for 1 good reason.

NineTwoFour
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 08:40 AM
Plus trying to get a bike rebuilt in less than 2 weeks to race PPIR..... What a stress that would be. Mentally and financially.

Well shit, I rebuilt my bike in an evening... two weeks would be plenty of time. :lol:

Although it's pretty sad that I got so much help from everyone, so that my bike would be ready to run on Sunday... and then the damn weather wouldn't cooperate.

I could have just packed up the pieces and driven home Sat night. Of course then I wouldn't have gotten to see first hand just how great the guys and gals in this club are when it comes to helping out their fellow riders.

BlueDevil
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 08:40 AM
No offense intended BTW :)

Bertha
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 09:08 AM
I was signed up for the races, but pulled my entry on Saturday. I felt that tossing my bike down due to weather making the track slippery just wasn't worth the few points I wanted to have going into PPIR. After all I have pay to fix the bike. I was glad that Glenn did put it up for a vote, as much as it sucks calling a whole weekend It was good to see that people care about their safty as well as others.

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 09:17 AM
Wussie! :tomato:

8)

Just kidding.. did the same thing..

I was signed up for the races, but pulled my entry on Saturday. I felt that tossing my bike down due to weather making the track slippery just wasn't worth the few points I wanted to have going into PPIR. After all I have pay to fix the bike. I was glad that Glenn did put it up for a vote, as much as it sucks calling a whole weekend It was good to see that people care about their safty as well as others.

UglyDogRacing
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 10:56 AM
Safety comes first. We are not paid professionals. I was behind Mike Applehans when he went down coming out of 10 yesterday morning. His bike was already upright when the back-end kicked out and threw him down. He was on an SV650 with half the horsepower of the liter bikes. Not racing was the right decision whether the MRA board would have made the decision or put it to the riders to vote. I will gladly eat my $140 entry fee in return for no broken bones and having a bike in my garage that is still in one piece.
The irony of this is that if Glenn would have made the decision to race or the racers voted to race, we would see a bunch of posts on this site and the MRA site criticizing the decision due to all the injuries and wadded up bikes that would have resulted from it.

Anonymous
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
So you know, none of this decision should fall solely on Glenn's shoulders. We as the board discussed it at length and all decided that racing was becoming very unsafe, and that while you *could* just putt around the track, we were probably gonna have a lot of problems. The exit of T10 all the way to start-finish was slicker than anyone expected as Mike demonstrated for us, and visibility was rapidly worsening.

While we "run in wet track conditions", this was worse than just some rain on the track. I think we would have called it either way, but I am glad the vast majority of the racers there voted to stop and race another day.

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Hmmm.. was there snow on the track during Mike's shunt? If not, I realize Mike is a great rider, but the error falls on him.. you can't blame a wet track on this sort of thing.. too much throttle even with 70hp will put you on your butt.. we all know the conditions and we all have to drive in them.. However, if freezing was involved.. all bets are off.. a bike is uncontrollable.. Maybe this was your point, I dunno.. wasn't there..

If I even saw a snowflake I would have been off the track instantly... but thats me.. some of u guys are just plain nuts! :)

Safety comes first. We are not paid professionals. I was behind Mike Applehans when he went down coming out of 10 yesterday morning. His bike was already upright when the back-end kicked out and threw him down. He was on an SV650 with half the horsepower of the liter bikes. Not racing was the right decision whether the MRA board would have made the decision or put it to the riders to vote. I will gladly eat my $140 entry fee in return for no broken bones and having a bike in my garage that is still in one piece.
The irony of this is that if Glenn would have made the decision to race or the racers voted to race, we would see a bunch of posts on this site and the MRA site criticizing the decision due to all the injuries and wadded up bikes that would have resulted from it.

Polar X
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
No snow on the track, just falling from the sky. The track itself was starting to get wet again. and the temp was 38. He just looked like he got on it a little to hard and skip skip dirt :D

There were a few low sides that morning, all due to cold tires I would guess.

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Well; its hard to see frozen crap when it hits a wet track.. I would have been outa there...

No snow on the track, just falling from the sky. The track itself was starting to get wet again. and the temp was 38. He just looked like he got on it a little to hard and skip skip dirt :D

There were a few low sides that morning, all due to cold tires I would guess.

UglyDogRacing
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 01:29 PM
Hmmm.. was there snow on the track during Mike's shunt? If not, I realize Mike is a great rider, but the error falls on him.. you can't blame a wet track on this sort of thing.. too much throttle even with 70hp will put you on your butt.. we all know the conditions and we all have to drive in them.. However, if freezing was involved.. all bets are off.. a bike is uncontrollable.. Maybe this was your point, I dunno.. wasn't there..

If I even saw a snowflake I would have been off the track instantly... but thats me.. some of u guys are just plain nuts! :)

you obviously have never ridden turn 10 at pueblo when its cold and wet.

Anonymous
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM

So you weren't even there and have never raced... Have absolutely no frame of reference on this... and are passing judgement on the skills of a very experienced rider? It's ironic, since you have just about posted every other reply in this thread.

And YES, I absolutely CAN blame a wet track on this. Mike wasn't in the turn when he crashed, he was straight up and getting on the gas for the straight, when the bike just tossed him. It was because of the traction compound laid for the drag racers, which wasn't supposed to be there anymore, which turns slick as ice when it gets water on it. The track was not frozen nor was there snow on it, but this wasn't Mike's doing. The 3 bikes before him fishtailed nicely as well.

Get some laps under your belt before you start telling seasoned experts why they crashed, or why we should or shouldn't consider a turn unsafe.

hcr25
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 02:42 PM
!st off It was my fault! I was the one riding my bike. 2nd my sv makes more like 60 hp not 70hp. I knew the conditions of the track the weather and more importantly my skills.I was riding about 60 to 65%.just for a comparison i usually ride first practice session of the morning about 80% of my race pace.
When the rear end came around i was basically straight up and down.
The bottom line is the drag strip made it unsafe to race. not so much because it was wet but because of how cold it was.
We had alot of first year novices who have never raced before let alone race in the rain/sleet/near freezing conditions.If anyone thought it would have been safe to race,they are WRONG.
Could we have rode around and just collected points? Yes but that is not racing.
The end of this year will be my 10th straight year racing in the MRA. I did this on a 60ish horsepower sv 650. What would have happened to the new novice on a 150+ hp 1000cc bike?

On a side note that was the longest i have ever slid after a crash.
Use the best safety gear you can afford :D

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
Sorry guys.. didn't mean to piss you off.. I have many many miles on wet tracks in a race car.. same principle applies.. this has nothing to do with which track or where or any of that.. its principals of adhesion.. rubber, wet, and a surface... NO, you can't blame a wet track on this.. it is what it is.. the rider is responsible for understanding the conditions.. end of story.. its not really debateable... You can't race in the wet and say, oh I crashed because it was wet.. unless someone came out with a hose and hosed the track down before you knew it.. you crashed because you exceeded the adhesion limitations of the current surface condition.. I would say that snow or ice (as I mentioned in my previous post) would be an exclusion I think on a motorcycle.. its basically an uncontrollable situation.. and I pointed that out...

Do you think any MotoGP rider would say, Oh I crashed because it was wet, the race should have been cancelled? No, of course not. As I stated, IF we were talking about freezing conditions then I agree with the original posters observation.. but he was taking what might have been a "wet" racing incident and somehow justifying the cancellation of the race.. thats just not right.. we race in the wet... end of story.. well, as far as I know that is.. maybe I am wrong about this. My understanding was it was cancelled due to freezing conditions.. is this not the case?

I bet if you asked Mike if it was his fault he's say YES! I met Mike.. he is a super nice guy and he completely understands racing... and he so fricken fast its scary.. I watched him at CDR... jesus!

also, don't put words in my mouth... I never mentioned any turn.. I don't even know why you are talking about a turn and whether its unsafe... it has nothing to do with this thread... you are just confusing things.

Furthermore, I don't see how your reply is appropriate.. the tone of it seems overkill for what I actually said..

So you weren't even there and have never raced... Have absolutely no frame of reference on this... and are passing judgement on the skills of a very experienced rider? It's ironic, since you have just about posted every other reply in this thread.

And YES, I absolutely CAN blame a wet track on this. Mike wasn't in the turn when he crashed, he was straight up and getting on the gas for the straight, when the bike just tossed him. It was because of the traction compound laid for the drag racers, which wasn't supposed to be there anymore, which turns slick as ice when it gets water on it. The track was not frozen nor was there snow on it, but this wasn't Mike's doing. The 3 bikes before him fishtailed nicely as well.

Get some laps under your belt before you start telling seasoned experts why they crashed, or why we should or shouldn't consider a turn unsafe.

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Ooops.. I see he posted while I was typing... Ears burning Mike? :)

hcr25
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 03:04 PM
Ears not burning but the left side of my ass hurts. Actually i am sore in general.The only thing the does not hurt is my head.If you would have seen my helmet you would have thought it was much worse.
mike

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Also,.. when I said "some of you guys are nuts".. I didn't mean that in a deragotory way... it was actually a compliment.. maybe I should have said you have bigger balls than me..

Man, rforsythe has really got me on the defensive... have we met BTW? My comments were not meant as deragotory towards anyone.. you seemed to turn them into that though.. sounds like Mike understood them which I am really thankful for..

Joe

NineTwoFour
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 03:18 PM
Man, rforsythe has really got me on the defensive... have we met BTW?
Joe

I am going to use my psychic powers to predict your future.

I see a flag... a black one. With a big orange dot on it. It's being pointed at you. I see Pikes Peak in the background...

I wonder what it all means????

Anonymous
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
Man, rforsythe has really got me on the defensive... Don't worry about Ralph, I think it's that time of the month for him! :lol:

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Oh great! I pissed off a flagger? I'm so done... :|

Man, rforsythe has really got me on the defensive... have we met BTW?
Joe

I am going to use my psychic powers to predict your future.

I see a flag... a black one. With a big orange dot on it. It's being pointed at you. I see Pikes Peak in the background...

I wonder what it all means????

Hoopty
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Oh great! I pissed off a flagger? I'm so done... :|

A flagger? More like a flaggot! :lol: ;)

Anonymous
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 03:58 PM
I pissed off a flagger?
Worse - Ralph is the MRA Track Marshal - this gives him control of the flaggers! :shock:

I'm so done... :|
Yup! :yes: :|

J/K :lol: I hear he can be bribed :cheers: :D

:spit:

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 04:06 PM
I can only hope bribery is an option...

I pissed off a flagger?
Worse - Ralph is the MRA Track Marshal - this gives him control of the flaggers! :shock:

I'm so done... :|
Yup! :yes: :|

J/K :lol: I hear he can be bribed :cheers: :D

:spit:

Lel
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Talking about a specific turn is part of this thread, and not off topic.

Turn 10 is the one mike went down in/after and it is 100% different than any other part of the track. There is about 3 or 4 different types of pavement, a traction compound that is reallly slick to begin with, but anything from dust to water makes that turn extremely slick.

As far as 'knowing the conditions' the thing is, the temp, the surface and the visability changed within about 5 mins from medicore to wet and cold. Put it this way, mike can wipe the floor with me, and I was doing 45's at 80-85% no more!!! than 10 mins before mike went down and I think the fastest in his session was around a 50. The conditions changed extrememly fast. so take that as you will.

japrules
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Talking about a specific turn is part of this thread, and not off topic.

Turn 10 is the one mike went down in/after and it is 100% different than any other part of the track. There is about 3 or 4 different types of pavement, a traction compound that is reallly slick to begin with, but anything from dust to water makes that turn extremely slick.

As far as 'knowing the conditions' the thing is, the temp, the surface and the visability changed within about 5 mins from medicore to wet and cold. Put it this way, mike can wipe the floor with me, and I was doing 45's at 80-85% no more!!! than 10 mins before mike went down and I think the fastest in his session was around a 50. The conditions changed extrememly fast. so take that as you will.

Hey guys I'm done here.. I'm not going to continue to defend myself.. I have to race with you guys and part of this deal for me was to have fun hangin out with you guys cuz I am sick of all the wussie ass colorado guys I keep running into off the track... so I am going to bow outa here and hope I haven't done too much damage.. AND try and keep my mouth shut in the future, no matter how good my intentions are.

Hope to see you all @ PPIR..
Joe

hcr25
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
Joe,try not to take anything here to personal.
The way i take most peoples opinions on racing/track days here is by the way they ride.
Some talk a big talk about racing and everything to do with it.Some of those people have less then a year or two racing experience!

people should just Go to the track and let their riding talk for them.Im not saying they have to be the fastest out there.Just be in control,hold your line and be a good sportsman.
This is all about having fun,making friends and of course beating the guy next to you.
mike

Polar X
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
Joe,try not to take anything here to personal.
This is all about having fun,making friends and of course beating the guy next to you.
mike

:imwithstupid: AMEN. :cheers: :up:

Anonymous
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 05:40 PM
Joe, no hard feelings. And while it is true that mike was in control (or not so much) of the bike when he crashed, I think if he had known the surface was in that condition he'd have coasted through, or pulled off. The other riders that suddenly started sliding all over probably didn't see it coming either. This wasn't the first lap of practice, we were actually almost done with the session - the surface conditions literally changed so fast that I didn't have time to get from turn 7 to turn 10 through the pits before Mike crashed, after Bob (start finish guy) told me people had started to slide in a bad way; and I had only been out at T7 for 5 minutes or so. Mike assumed it would be stickier, so I guess that bad assumption contributed to his sliding down the straight on his ass - however in this case, the track is partly to blame IMO, since it definitely had more traction when we started.

Regardless, if anyone is getting meatballed in this thread it will be Loopty aka "Mr Crash". Hell I will probably make his girlfriend come down and hold his number up when I do it! :shock:

King Nothing
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Regardless, if anyone is getting meatballed in this thread it will be Loopty aka "Mr Crash". Hell I will probably make his girlfriend come down and hold his number up when I do it! :shock:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That would be quite possibly the funniest thing of all time! Then she could go back to her corner and pick up his bike on the next lap!

Anonymous
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
Loopty aka "Mr Crash". Phew! I thought I had taken that title away from him! :shock: :oops: :lol: :oops:

ebazyl
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 06:27 PM
[quote=japrules";p="200017]
Ill go crazy if people turn this into another 'SCR closing' rumor mill.
Jason

:idea: Rumor has it ... the event was re-scheduled for CDR ... which will also close :lol:

All I know is that it was warm in Cali. :P I hope weather is good for PPIR, 90s would be ideal :drool: .

Lel
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 08:53 PM
ahh thats right now I remember what I wasnt missing

Also Joe dont worry about it :) type doesnt give emotion; 99% of everyone at the track are friendlier than a hooker on a bender. Dont worry about whats said here, everyone is still gonna hang at the track and still talk shit but will be there for eachother if something happens.... just the way the club is.

lel

japrules
Wed May 4th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Eh, I shrugged it off.. no problem.. I'll see you assholes @ the track! :lol:

Anonymous
Wed May 4th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Some of the people here (*cough*jasonleleck*cough*) ARE hookers, so you can probably get some special treatment too if you're nice.

jplracing
Wed May 4th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Ralph,

Did I hear that right? Jason is a gay male hooker? Does Beth know?

:lol: :lol:

Just kidding

Joe

Anonymous
Wed May 4th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Ralph,

Did I hear that right? Jason is a gay male hooker? Does Beth know?

Who do you think his pimp is? :shock:

Lel
Wed May 4th, 2005, 12:36 PM
hey I gotta be racing somehow!!!! how else do you think I pay for it hahaha. but your right... I am HER bitch. lol :lol:

jason