PDA

View Full Version : Ride Smart Motorcycle Coalition meeting - 3/22 @ 6:30PM in Evergreen

Spiderman
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
I've attended one of these in the past, but am not sure I'll be able to attend this one, as I just found out about it last night.

If anybody is willing/able to attend that has ideas and is passionate about motorcycle safety, please feel free to show up.

Ride Smart is a division of Drive Smart Evergreen-Conifer (http://www.drivesmarte-c.org/). Their focus is to address prevention of motorcycle fatalities and accidents in the foothill communities. More info can be found here: http://www.drivesmarte-c.org/motorcycleSafety.htm

Tonight's meeting is from 6:30-8:30 at the Evergreen Fire and Rescue, 1802 Bergen Parkway, Evergreen.

Post up if you're thinking about going - maybe a few of you can meet up and ride there together. 8)

BC14
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
I won't be off work by then, otherwise I'd go.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:16 PM
The problem with Ride Smart is it's run by Drive Smart instead of by motorcyclists. They received grant money from the state to combat the high number of motorcycle fatalities in JeffCo. Their solution was to buy pods and place them outside of bars so that if you are too drunk to ride home, you can put your bike in the pod and take a cab. They already have one in place at Cactus Jacks in Evergreen as of last summer. It's hardly been used.

asp_125
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Ironic that tavern owners are on that invitee list. :pointlaugh:

THoward
Tue Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
I agree with Jim. My Rep up in Evergreen thinks it's a waste of time. As stated...they are not motorcyclists and they don't listen to the motorcyclists that attend. They do what they want. If you are up in that area and have some time go check them out. I'd like to hear some other opinions

r6rammy
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was www.ridesmart.info, a great trackday school in TX.