PDA

View Full Version : Omaha IBA Meeting?

OldKneeDragger
Sun May 1st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Is anybody else planning on going to the big IBA get together in Omaha on May 13th & 14th (http://www.ironbutt.com/natmeet/default.cfm)? I'm trying to figure an interesting route to take... may involve a less than direct route :roll: Any ideas?

Vance
Sun May 1st, 2005, 04:55 PM
Having lived in Omaha the first 13 years of my life and visiting about once per year or every other year annually to see extended family - I can say with absolute confidence (if not some level of authority): There IS NOT INTERESTING ROUTE through, into, or around Nebraska. Sad... but true.

swademaster
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 02:20 PM
:imwithstupid:

Not much of a interesting way to get there. I lived in NE until we moved here 4 years ago, lived in Omaha for 3 years. The best way to get there and back is at full throttle.

towneh
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 07:26 PM
I did my first 1k saddlesore with my mid=point in Lincoln, NE. I was stopped by a kind officer for exceeding the posted limit. He agreed that high speed was a great way to beat the boredom but advised against it. :lol:

Hayabusa Henry

Scribbler
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 07:40 PM
I spent a little over 4 years at Offut AFB NE, and it is one boooring ride. The only way to make it interesting is to make it a 2 day trip by stopping in Northplatte (the halfway point and you'll make it there in under 4 hours) and getting a room at the Cornhusker hotel (big red roof) and drinking in their lounge. That's about as exciting as it gets.

Omaha on the otherhand, despite a boring reputation has a pretty good nightlife.