PDA

View Full Version : New Gloves?

vort3xr6
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
I need new gloves. Full gauntlet style.

I need something that can stand up to a crash or mutliple crashes. Looking at the Astar GP Pro's.

Any suggestions?

Bueller
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
I got a pair of the speed and strength from performance, kangaroo palms, reasonably priced and the sizes are close to the other manufacturers unlike the A*'s, haven't crashed them yet though.

Sully
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37433&highlight=knox+handroid

brennahm
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
I had the GP Plus (I think). They crashed great for me. Zach now owns my old pair if you want to take a look.

TransNone13
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
I have the GP Tech's and I low sided with them and you can't really even tell. I was fairly impressed to say the least. Hope that helps.

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
I have the GP pros, and while I haven't crashed in them, others offer better palm sliding protection. They got decently worn out after only one season. Knox or Held is my next glove

CaneZach
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
I love RS Taichis GP-WRX or GP-Evo and A* GP Pros. I've crash-tested the GP-WRX and they still look brand new.

konichd
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
You see Eslick's crash at Daytona. Rs Taichi or Knox, best gloves for the money when compared to others on the market.

Held are way overpriced for what they are.....

vort3xr6
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Knox aren't low price either. The handroid is a 300 dollar set of gloves.

the GP-pros are at least under 230.

bulldog
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Held Gloves....only pair so far that have not worn out over the years!
http://www.heldusa.com/

konichd
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Handroids are $249 and for the price are far and above any $300 dollar glove :)

Jim_Vess
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Handroids are $249 and for the price are far and above any $300 dollar glove :)

I'm going to come see you guys tomorrow to check out those Handroids. I've got to replace the piece of shit Joe Rockets I put up with for the last two seasons.

konichd
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Atta' boy there Jim, plenty of sizes and colors in stock! Only place in CO to get your KNOX!

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww125/303cycle/knox_handroid_white_LG.jpg

brennahm
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Are those Froyo or Gingerbread...?

laspariahs
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
I own the handroids.... Meh....

LordLosh
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:59 PM
Meh huh, well you cant make everyone happy. Picked up a pair from 303 and i love um. the little robotic exoskeleton on the fingers make it so easy to move your hand. Kangroo skin is perfectly placed. But i guess its just meh compared to?

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
I prefer trojans.

DRKATO1
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
My Knox gloves split at the seams on 2 fingers on a 40mph low side.
I will not purchase them again.

konichd
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 09:50 AM
^^^Each crash is different.Did your hand get hurt? Did you break any bones? Were you able to run the rest of your track day?

What would have happened if you had a "lesser" pair of gloves? Broken finger, how much does that cost? Loss of the rest of your paid track day?

We believe they performed just how they were suppose to in that type of environment. There is a fine line between flexibility and strength when it comes to race gloves. Gloves are not designed with multiple crashes in mind, they are designed to save you in the event of that one crash.

vort3xr6
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 10:02 AM
^^^Each crash is different.Did your hand get hurt? Did you break any bones? Were you able to run the rest of your track day?

What would have happened if you had a "lesser" pair of gloves? Broken finger, how much does that cost? Loss of the rest of your paid track day?

We believe they performed just how they were suppose to in that type of environment. There is a fine line between flexibility and strength when it comes to race gloves. Gloves are not designed with multiple crashes in mind, they are designed to save you in the event of that one crash.

So instead of 1 set of 250 dollar gloves, I should get 5 sets of 50 dollar gloves?? :)

DRKATO1
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I agree with the one time crash use for gloves, I just think they should have held together better at the seams.
In my 30+ years of riding bikes and crashing numerous times i've never seen any pair of gloves split like that even at 120 mph.

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 12:36 PM
My GP Pros split at the seems from wearing them twice...so...

CaneZach
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
My GP Pros split at the seems from wearing them twice...so...

Wow! I've owned a pair of GP Pros for over two years and they're still going strong. Which seams split on yours, Dave?

GuitarX
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Handroids
Handroids
Handroids
Handroids
Handroids
Handroids
Handroids
Handroids
Handroids
Handroids
LOVE' EM!!!!

GuitarX
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM
So instead of 1 set of 250 dollar gloves, I should get 5 sets of 50 dollar gloves?? :)

Sure. If your hands are only worth $50 to you. My hands are important to me so I buy nice gloves.

By the way, I had a pair of Held Kryptons (discontinued now) and the index finger blew out (didn't even crash - just from less than one season's worth of use). I'm not so sure about Held's current quality control so I won't go back to them. The Handroids are my favorites of all the race gloves I've ever had. The top-line Alpinestars are nice too though. Either way you can't go wrong.

konichd
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Racing MRA this year Gary? Looks like I could have a spot open

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Wow! I've owned a pair of GP Pros for over two years and they're still going strong. Which seams split on yours, Dave?

I want to say between the index and middle fingers...A* got back to me and said they'd fix them, but then never gave me an addy to ship to...so I sewed them up myself

CaneZach
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM

And here I am racing, but no invite from David lol

konichd
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 05:15 PM
C'mon who got some AWESOME RS Taichi GP Evo's with that suit? I sponsor your hands ;)

CaneZach
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 05:46 PM
C'mon who got some AWESOME RS Taichi GP Evo's with that suit? I sponsor your hands ;)

If I remember correctly, the gloves and suit were a combo deal, but you did throw in a set of RS Taichi pucks, so I guess you sponsor my knees lol

Foolds
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I have a set of bio mechs and after 67 days the seams on both hands on two of the fingers split out. Now I have to say knox did take care of the problem after 2 months of trying to get it taken care of. But I have never heard of Held splitting.

Mine were a very early batch though so who knows. Dunno if I will buy knox next time unless these hold up WAY better

Bueller
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I have had 2 pair of Olympia's and 3-4 pair tourmasters that I have slid on the pavement with on several occasions with each and never split a seam or wore through the palms or anything put grind down armor knuckles, and finger armor, have never so much as sprained a finger. And they have all lasted year after year of riding/racing and supermoto . All these expensive ass gloves falling apart from just riding makes me think I'll just stick with the cheap shit.

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 08:34 PM
I got a pair of hein gericke gloves, and they were older, but held up surprisingly well, but the palm started to wear thin after 3 (~25k) years of street and a season of track days and 1/2 seson of racing...paid $10, from a guy who bought up what a closed dealership had left

brennahm
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 08:43 PM
It's pretty hard to find ineffective gear these days, then again I just bought Sidi boots...

vort3xr6
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 03:58 PM
UPDATE:

Gonna go with the RS-Taichi Evo's or WRX, haven't decided yet.

This review sold me.
http://highperformancecrew.com/showthread.php?t=14149

konichd
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I will see you soon Brad :)

CaneZach
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 05:15 PM
UPDATE:

Gonna go with the RS-Taichi Evo's or WRX, haven't decided yet.

This review sold me.
http://highperformancecrew.com/showthread.php?t=14149

I just got home from riding and I wore my new RS Taichi suit and GP Evo gloves. Overall, I love the suit and gloves. The suit is a little loose in the midsection and a little tight in the arms and thighs, but it'll break in. I can't believe how soft the leather is.

The GP Evos are an exceptional pair of gloves. They incorporate the Knox scapphoid (sp?) protection, as do the GP WRX, but the Evo's are significantly larger. The gauntlet is made from the same leather as my suit, so it's soft and supple already. The actual glove is made of much thicker leather, so it was a little stiff at first. It's still a little stiff, but I'm sure they'll break in quickly. Overall, they're an exceptional pair of gloves.

The GP-WRX is a great pair of gloves as well. I've crashed in them and they held up beautifully. The scapphoid protection did its job and they still look like they're new. They feel a bit thicker overall than the Evos, including the gauntlet. The armor on the WRX is carbon fiber while the Evos have what appear to be hard plastic. Either glove you go with will be a great choice!

GuitarX
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I have a set of bio mechs and after 67 days the seams on both hands on two of the fingers split out. Now I have to say knox did take care of the problem after 2 months of trying to get it taken care of. But I have never heard of Held splitting.

You just did.

GuitarX
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 12:25 AM

If there's a free Dainese suit involved, count me in. But I have to have my old number otherwise no dice. :loop:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I've been using the A-Stars GP-Pro for about the last 5 years. The old ones never got crashed in, and they actually wore thru on the left thumb like all my gloves do from flipping up my faceshield a lot over the years and had been rained on a couple times bad and sweat in for years. The second pair I bought in the summer of '09 were made a tad small I thought, but I love 'em, and pretty reasonably priced.

vort3xr6
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I got the Knox Biomechs and couldn't be happier. Great gloves for the price.

d3spair
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Anyone in CO carry Held? 303?

konichd
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 01:50 PM
We have decided against bringing in Held. We have much better high end gloves for the price.

GuitarX
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I got the Knox Biomechs and couldn't be happier. Great gloves for the price.

Sweet! Nice choice...

R1-Laubinero
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 08:49 PM
icon has new overlord guantlets that look promising...

vort3xr6
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
icon has new overlord guantlets that look promising...

I had great experiences with all my icon gauntlet gloves. I may get a pair so I can just use the biomechs for racing.

konichd
Sat Apr 9th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Icon Overlord in stock!
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww125/303cycle/IMG_0670.jpg
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww125/303cycle/IMG_0672.jpg

R1-Laubinero
Sat Apr 9th, 2011, 11:13 PM
hmmm i may have to visit you guys I've been oogling these gloves because it doesnt have a large pad under the meat of the thumb which tends to make for a sore hand...do you have white ones in stock?

konichd
Mon Apr 11th, 2011, 09:37 AM
White are a couple days out as we only carry the black in stock.

D_Sp8s
Mon Apr 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I got a pair of the speed and strength from performance, kangaroo palms, reasonably priced and the sizes are close to the other manufacturers unlike the A*'s, haven't crashed them yet though.

+1
I bought these gloves when Performance offered CSC a deal on them and I love them!