PDA

View Full Version : James May's Triumph almost goes missing

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Stop Gear... Presenter James May has to call out the RAC after thief damages his brand new motorbike

He is mocked by his Top Gear colleagues for being ‘Captain Slow’ - but James May actually came to a full stop today - when a thief tried to steal his £9,700 motorbike.
The passionate motorcycle enthusiast, 48, earned his nickname on the hit BBC2 show for his careful driving style - and his habit of getting lost on most of the adventures he shares with Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond.
But he was forced to call the RAC after a thief attempted to steal his Daytona Triumph 675R – worth £9,799 on the road – from a busy London street by breaking the ignition on the bike.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/23/article-0-0B4CF9C100000578-817_468x365.jpg Breakdown: James May's day was put on hold when his motorcycle broke down in London

May only bought the bike recently, sources at Triumph confirmed, and standing in his leather jacket, he looked more than a little upset, having only picked the motorcycle up the previous evening.
Last night, a source close to May told the Daily Mail: ‘James was furious, someone tried to steal the bike by breaking the ignition.
‘The person was on a motorbike and when spotted, sped off.

‘James is extremely annoyed, he had only picked the bike up the previous evening.’
The burly TV presenter has long been a motorbike affeciando and in January he said: ‘I used to buy a new bike every year to take advantage of the VAT situation. Utter b******s of course, because I lost loads of money on each one.’

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/23/article-0-0B4CF6B700000578-450_468x501.jpg Stressed: James puffed on a cigarette as an RAC engineer fixed his bike in Soho

The Truimph is a nice addition to his current collection of a Yamaha XJR1300, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport and a 1978 Guzzi California.
May bought the bike after giving it a glowing review, in which he said: ‘The bike is reassuringly stable – driving hard out of bumpy corners has the bars fluttering gently but nothing more – yet agility is improved. It's a great track bike and riders buying one for regular circuit excursions will be delighted. But as with the previous version, the Daytona really excels on the road.’
Despite his nickname, May actually broke the world land speed record for a production car on Top Gear.
He took a Bugatti Veyron to its top speed of 253 mph, which is nearly one-third of the speed of sound at sea level and later on taking a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport edition to 259 mph.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/23/article-1369213-0B4DB94F00000578-894_468x286.jpg Co-stars: James May stands with his Top Gear pals Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1369213/James-May-RAC-thief-damages-brand-new-motorbike.html#ixzz1HRtsWWl2

BC14
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Lame...but nice bike though :)

Sleev
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
it would've been awesome if he got in a fight with the guy

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
I didn't know how into bikes he was. Would be nice to get a new one every year, too :shock:

Cap'n Crunch
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Pikeys - they will steal everything that is not bolted down.
BTW - that's not a cigarette that he is smoking... and people wonder why he drives so slow.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Glad it didn't get jacked. I've never had one stolen but I've got my car broken into a couple times while in Cleveland and I HATED it. That's the only part of sharia law I agree with, cut off the thief's hand!:scream2:

bornwildnfree
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Pikeys - they will steal everything that is not bolted down.

:pointlaugh:

Captain Obvious
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 01:08 PM
BTW - that's not a cigarette that he is smoking... and people wonder why he drives so slow.

He is slow cause he is smoking a fag?

extremepaint
Thu Mar 24th, 2011, 07:11 PM
after watching them tackle the death road i don't think i would try to steal May's bike. you never know when that mofo will be carrying a machete and try to cut your throat with it!