PDA

View Full Version : NEW forum & classifieds - geared towards trackday riders & racers!

greeny
Wed Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
What up 'Rado!?

I just spoke with Christi and Spider and they said it's cool to come in here and point you guys in the direction of a new forum (just what the internet needs, right?). Just bear with me for a sec haha. The address is:

www.2ontrack.com (http://www.2ontrack.com/)

For those of you that are unfamiliar with the (former) WERA classifieds, they were a place where everyone on 2 wheels could post up their parts for sale (new, used, aftermarket, OEM). It was an incredible resource for the entire motorcycle community, especially track riders and racers that were looking for good deals on high quality parts - but now it has moved to a pay site and the vBulletin version was shut down. Many people feel that the new format is a headache, harder to navigate/browse, and your ads get a lot less exposure.

Basically, we just wanted there to be the "old" option available if that's what some people would prefer, therefore, 2ontrack was started... which uses the same vBulletin format as the original classifieds (and most of the other forums online). It's familiar, easy to navigate, and with your help, hopefully it'll gain serious momentum and maybe one day it can be just as valuable of a resource as the old WERA version. We're not trying to reinvent the wheel - in fact, that's exactly what we're trying to avoid... if it 'aint broke, right?

If you check out the site, you'll also see it isn't just a big 'ol parts bin. It also brings everyone together from all different facets of the sport - racers, trackday riders, and motorcycle race fans/enthusiasts from ALL regions. This is everyone's forum. I'm constantly adding more trackday/race orgs and regional sites, so if you see something that should be added, let me know! I'm hoping that without being a tool for (or promoting) a specific organization, region, or bike model, the site will be a great place to have access to parts and information from everywhere and everyone. In turn, hopefully it will be a good marketing tool for the organizations that have their own sections and sub-forums. Everyone wins!

Speaking of which, take a look at the "Regional Forum Links" section. As you can see, I've already added a CSC sub-forum that links directly to your main page, so hopefully the new site will benefit your guys' corner of the internet as much as everyone else! If you want, post up in your site's welcome thread or in the introductions section so everyone knows where you came from...

Thanks in advance for signing up, posting content, shootin' the shit, and listing your go-fast stuff for sale! Stay safe out there!

Jordan "snowbizx"
NESBA MW CR
CCS #811

p.s. this is gonna get transferred over to the watchtower - and on an unrelated note, thanks to r6rammy for introducing me to your forums!