PDA

View Full Version : Another new FOG

dsantilli
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Well I hit the big 40 this year and have decided to become a card carrying member of this club. Look out for an old geezer riding a red Interceptor becuase only old guys ride them.
:rock:

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Well I hit the big 40 this year and have decided to become a card carrying member of this club. Look out for an old geezer riding a red Interceptor becuase only old guys ride them.
:rock:

Welcome fellow Interceptor rider.

Dirk

Bueller
Fri Mar 25th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Your still a youngin' but it is all downhill from here! :lol:

FZRguy
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Congrats on making it to FOGdom.

dsantilli
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 08:20 PM
It was one of my goals to make it to FOGDOM with all my limbs intact desoite riding with a couple of numb nuts over the years!:scream2:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Congrats! You're over the hill....and picking up speed! :)

".......shorter of breath, and one day closer to death......" (Pink Floyd)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 10:02 PM
It was one of my goals to make it to FOGDOM with all my limbs intact desoite riding with a couple of numb nuts over the years!:scream2:
Yikes! At what age did your nuts go numb???????:lol:

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Oh shit. Was I supposed to register? ;) Okay, 44 as of a couple days ago so I guess I belong in here also...

BushyAR15
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Just curious, do any of the FOG people over 45 race? Not just track days but race?

longrider
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Just curious, do any of the FOG people over 45 race? Not just track days but race?

While he is not a member here I think Ricky Orlando counts as a FOG...

Bashed
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 07:27 AM

Bueller does and so do I.
I wasn't aware of any age limitations.
Hell, I even have a replacement hip.
Go ahead, make jokes, I can handle them.

asp_125
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM

I'll bet formula 40 this year has a few FOGs.. actually isn't that the requirement?

Bueller
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 07:58 AM

Bueller does and so do I.
I wasn't aware of any age limitations.
Hell, I even have a replacement hip.
Go ahead, make jokes, I can handle them.

Too hip with the new hip. I just brought a cane back with me from Oklahoma, figured I might be able to put it to good use.
Actually there are a lot of +40 yo's, and I know of several +50's.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Probably the fastest guys i personally know, especially on the street, are older, some, a good bit older than me (older than dirt, essentially....). ;)

Snowman
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Yes, the Formula40 class in the MRA has a minimum age of 40. Which includes most of the faster racers. Isn't Wyeth 40+? She's typically running in the 1:55's at HPR .

So not only can you have your ass handed to you by a bunch of older racers, but by an older chic racer as well...

birchyboy
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I hit the big FOUR OH last month. I didn't realize that made me an FOG though. Sad, sad day

Snowman
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Haven't you heard, 40 is the new 20 only for the second time...

BushyAR15
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Dang, Where was Formula 40 when I was 40???? I had to race with all the kids!

While I agree alot of fast guys are in or would be in the over 40, I think there is a maturity that comes with that age where you know when and when not to push it. I think you also realize you are mortal.

Ricky Orlando is a different beast! That dude will be racing and doing well into his 60s and 70s.

Anyways, good to hear there are FOGs racing!!!!!

FZRguy
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Most folks don't decide to race motorcycles at age 40 plus. They have been riding for a long time, so excellent riders in that class.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Ultimately, I think a younger rider can be faster on the track in the extremes of MotoGP and the like, but on the street, experience with road conditions, how to read the surface for traction, when to go fast and when not to, how to judge where the corner goes, how to develop a rythym and string the corners together, and experience, to me, means that generally the older guys will be faster. On the street, I think experience counts for a lot more in the changing conditions of the street than on the more static conditions of the track where pure athleticism counts for more. I know personally I'm a LOT faster (though still slow) and a MUCH smoother, better, and smarter rider than when I was young, and have learned SO much more since I've lived here. Can't have too much seat time in enough different conditions. My $.02......

R1200GSDriver
Tue May 17th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I guess I'm well on my way to FOGdom. I got my first bike in 1969. Had my first (and only) car-motorcycle "encounter" in 1972. Cutlass 442 score 1...Yamaha R5 score 0.

OUTLAWD
Tue May 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM

most of the fast guys/gals other than galster/dimnick's are 40+

PunyJuney
Tue May 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM
most of the fast guys/gals other than galster/dimnick's are 40+

I'm the slowest over 40 here.

stubbicatt
Tue May 17th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I just turned 50.

FOG? I think that since my sight has started to fade I see things a whole lot more clearly.

Scruff Dog
Tue May 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I'm 62. Anyone got that beat?

Finklestein87
Tue May 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Haven't you heard, 40 is the new 20 only for the second time...

Weird, i was gonna say the exact same thing. Good thing i read through the posts :silly:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 17th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Holy shit, a post from Moses! :)

Actually Steve-O, we're busy making a whole new catagory for you: POG (Prehistoric Old Guy)!

MarcMicciche
Tue May 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome from another Viffer at 47.

BushyAR15
Tue May 17th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Welcome! Wow 62 and your ride an R1 and RSVR? And I'm only 50 and no longer ride a sportbike cause my neck and wrists hurt...

OUTLAWD
Tue May 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM

I'm 26 ;)

his bikes are pretty dusty...not sure he rides them much :p

BC14
Tue May 17th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I'm 26 ;)

his bikes are pretty dusty...not sure he rides them much :p
The Aprilia is in pieces as well.

FZRguy
Tue May 17th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I'm racing sumo at age 51, raced MX as a kid......way back in the dark ages.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 18th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I'm impressed. Good memory kids, I'm surprised you knew (remembered) the Steve I introduced you to is "Scruff Dog". :)

Yeah, Steve and I gotta get his aprilia fixed......and all the dust washed offa both of them! Oh, and the chicken strips scrubbed off too..... :)

Scruff Dog
Wed May 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I'm impressed. Good memory kids, I'm surprised you knew (remembered) the Steve I introduced you to is "Scruff Dog". :)

Yeah, Steve and I gotta get his aprilia fixed......and all the dust washed offa both of them! Oh, and the chicken strips scrubbed off too..... :)

Come on...granted, the Aprilia is a bit neglected but the Yamaha is ready to go.

Frank, come over on Sat. to help Frand Z and me fix the cars headlamps. BBQ with the mex :siesta:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu May 19th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Come on...granted, the Aprilia is a bit neglected but the Yamaha is ready to go.

Frank, come over on Sat. to help Frank Z and me fix the cars headlamps. BBQ with the mex :siesta:
.....except that it never actually DOES go! :) Blow the dust offa that thing and let's ride bro! I have Carina this weekend, so I can come up after 5PM. If the weather's nice, maybe I'll even stay up in Lvld that day, have to see. But, I'll be up for helping with the 'Vette and some 'Q. I'll call ya.

GSXRJOHNNY
Sat May 21st, 2011, 05:53 PM
Now I've turned 59 I guess it's time to come out of the closet and admit to the world " I'm A FOG to!! " There, I've said it. I feel a little better now. So now I'm gonna need a VFR? Is it ok to ease into this with CBR1KRR?

FZRguy
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 01:44 AM
Now I've turned 59 I guess it's time to come out of the closet and admit to the world " I'm A FOG to!! " There, I've said it. I feel a little better now. So now I'm gonna need a VFR? Is it ok to ease into this with CBR1KRR?

Not only that, you qualify for SuperFOGdom (50 plus).

gtn
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
I was over 40 when I got my first bike. So while I meet the minimum age requirement I don't believe I meet the minimum experience requirement. I think that makes me a pseudo-FOG. :scramble:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
I was over 40 when I got my first bike. So while I meet the minimum age requirement I don't believe I meet the minimum experience requirement. I think that makes me a pseudo-FOG. :scramble:
Misplaced FOG? :)

mtnairlover
Wed May 25th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I like to think of myself in a category unto my own...:silly:

Took the MSF course right before my 41st bday and bought my first bike right afterward. I thought about racing, but being a single Mom of 3 kids kept my priorities along a different line. So now, I'm just looking forward to the next 6 years of riding and beyond...with all my pals and with my soon-to-be new hubby. :) Long-ass trips is my new goal.

pannetron
Wed May 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I'm 60 -- me and my RC51 will spank most riders half my age!

BushyAR15
Thu May 26th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Hopefully you are talking about doing it on the track

I'm 60 -- me and my RC51 will spank most riders half my age!