PDA

View Full Version : Who's got a Chatterbox?

Ripper
Sat Aug 9th, 2003, 03:02 AM
How many of you use a Chatter Box?

I've got the FRSX2

Wolf-R1
Mon Aug 11th, 2003, 08:30 AM
I've got a GMRS X1 that I use almost all the time. Mostly to plug in my CD player. I've got a second one that I bought for a girl that I was dating for when she rides on back.

These are pretty much the same unit aren't they? The FRSX2 and the GMRSX1?

Wolf-R1
Mon Aug 11th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Judging from the stuff I just read it looks like yours has a 2 mile range where mine has a 5 mile range. Other than that everything else looks identical.

Ripper
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Gotta love um' but how are yor speakers? mine suck, need to put better ones in.

Wolf-R1
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Oh yeah these speakers suck big time. I keep wondering if I've blown mine as I ride with ear plugs and have to jack up the volume to hear the music or anything else coming from them crappy speakers.
If they are blown I may try to replace them with something better...just splice them on the wire there and if that doesn't work then I'll have to get another set from Chatterbox.

Sun Aug 31st, 2003, 03:47 PM
I've got the FRSX2 as well. Over 50 I can't hear a darned thing. I also have to use the PTT button which is velcroed to my handlebar. Using the auto-talk feature gets activated too easily. When the wife is not riding with I use earplugs too since the chatterbox is left at home.

haywood jablome
Sun Aug 31st, 2003, 06:23 PM
Both me and my roomie have the Multisports and we both love them work great

Jix6
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 01:14 PM
JUST PICKED UP THE C-BOX MULTISPORT 2CH. 183 WITH MILITARY DISCOUNT :) Lookin forward to the ride! Not lookin forward to my wife coming to see how much crap i've bought :oops:

haywood jablome
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 01:18 PM
yeah ill be chatting with ya on the ride!!!!