PDA

View Full Version : Non-Harley hangout

Brad
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I am looking for a regular place to go that does not cater to the HD crowd in the Highlands Ranch/Littleton area.
To quote Seinfeld, "not that there's anything wrong with that" but I am not a doctor or lawyer and I wear a helmet when I ride. (probably should wear one around the house too) LOL. I am just a hard working schlub who likes to enjoy good grub and a beer without being sneered at for not riding the right bike nor am I into the fashion show.
My wife and I go to Platte River often, but last Sunday my Suzuki was the only non-HD/custom chopper in the place. Love the place, just tired of feeling out of place- know what I mean, Vern?
I would love to find a place where all bikers are welcome (yes, including Harleys)
Not trying to piss anyone off, just looking for a new hangout. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.
:cheers:

Bueller
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Oskar Blues in Lyons, always a mix of bikes and it is accessible from some decent riding. :)

I really don't have anything for you, as I really don't give a crap what bikes are there. I pulled into the Piper on my Ninja 250. Got some looks, but then again that might have just been in my head.

BC14
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Most of the 'bar' scene caters to the HD crowd, as they bring in a very steady flow of revenue. I'll second Oskar Blues, as they seem to have just about every type of bike in there on a regular basis, esp sat afternoons.

Titus
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Let me know if you find a good place, I just moved up to Lone Tree from Colorado Springs & would like a good place to hang out.

brennahm
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Sounds like a rotating bbq (at peoples' houses) needs to be arranged...

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Sounds like a rotating bbq (at peoples' houses) needs to be arranged...

I second that notion. I however, live in Murphy Creek and no one ever wants to come this far out lol.

MetaLord 9
Sat Mar 26th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Come hang out with us Friday nights at Alibi's! There's also off broadway/little ricci's, sunset grill and dirk's. We're in your area and we're out often

FZRguy
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Skip right across the street to the Old Mill Brewery (behind McD on Rapp St). Good food and excellent beer. Regular hangout for me when I lived over there.

http://www.oldmillbrewery.com/

Brad
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have been to all of those places besides Old Mill and Alibis. The wife and I are going to try Alibis for lunch today. I guess the time of day that I go out might have something to do with the atmosphere. Most of the time, it is the business people that are there.
Socal4life, a rotating BBQ sounds like fun. I spent last Wednseday in Cross Creek and Thursday and Friday in Murphy Creek. Not too far via the toll road.
Thanks again for the input, hope to see some of you around.

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
When I lived down there, I was at Lansdowne Arms (http://www.lansdownearmsbistroandpub.com/modules/wfchannel/) a lot. It is still a destination even though I'm way up in Westminster now.

jbnwc
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
The only place I ever stop for more than a few minutes is Deckers.

Mother Goose
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Caldonia's in Aurora has always been a good place for sportbikes. The Harley guys go across the street. It's not HR or Littleton, but it's not that far of a ride.

pauliep
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Caldonia's in Aurora has always been a good place for sportbikes. The Harley guys go across the street. It's not HR or Littleton, but it's not that far of a ride.

That's a classic!

Couple years ago there was some racial issue or something. I don't totally recall the details. Challengers down the street has great happy hour with wings deal

Riverdog
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I live in the Ranch and would be up for creating a spot or taking over a spot. I like the Platte river and don't really care what other bikes are there. Next time you are heading over there just post it up and see if we can take up some of those bike parking spots. I live right next to Little Ricci's so any where in the Ranch works for me.

usmcab35
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 12:05 PM
i say go anywhere, ive gotten crap from harley's at places and then i just tell them i bought my bike for performance, not chrome and ape hangers and that my bike has more power in first gear then there oversized lawnmowers got in any gear. normally shuts them up. one guy didnt belive me and wanted to do a quick sprint down a back road. he learned his stock 883 harley had nothing on my 1441cc stroked busa.. he said he missed a gear, i told him to get a real bike and a shirt that isnt black that has sleeves.

Devaclis
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Off Broadway Grill on Broadway and 470 (south of 470)

Dirks on University and Dry Creek

Alibis

The Shack on Mineral and Broadway

Landsdowne Arms on Highlands Ranch Parkway and Lucent

CaneZach
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I've found that Harley riders need places to hang out because they spend so little time actually riding. They typically spend more time getting "the look" just right than they do in the saddle, that way they can go for a "long ride" that lasts about an hour out so. That's why you see so many 10+ year-old Harleys for sale with under 12k on the clock.

asp_125
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 12:40 PM
:LOL:

I asked one of my co-workers where they rode over the weekend, he said they went from Golden up to the Little Bear in Evergreen. :pointlaugh:

I've found that squids need places to hang out because they spend so little time actually riding. They typically spend more time getting "the look" just right than they do in the saddle, that way they can go for a "long ride" that lasts about an hour out so. That's why you see so many squids doing townie rides and hanging at 7-11.

CaneZach
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM

I asked one of my co-workers where they rode over the weekend, he said they went from Golden up to the Little Bear in Evergreen. :pointlaugh:

I've found that squids need places to hang out because they spend so little time actually riding. They typically spend more time getting "the look" just right than they do in the saddle, that way they can go for a "long ride" that lasts about an hour out so. That's why you see so many squids doing townie rides and hanging at 7-11.

Down here, the squid prefer to hang out at the Shell station on N. Academy :lol: I would've said the same for squids, but the OP mentioned Harley riders.

Golden to Evergreen, eh? That's an impressive 40-mile round trip ride!!! I'm sure they needed new tires and 3 quarts of oil afterwards!

salsashark
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:05 PM
^^ Right up there with a pirate I was talking about who rode all the way to Estes Park from Castle Rock...

Of course, they spent the night and made the return trip the next day.

OUTLAWD
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:08 PM
the squids up here hang out at Discount Tire and Starbucks...

They normally do an annual ride around Horsetooth... facepalm.jpg

BC14
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I've found that Harley riders need places to hang out because they spend so little time actually riding. They typically spend more time getting "the look" just right than they do in the saddle, that way they can go for a "long ride" that lasts about an hour out so. That's why you see so many 10+ year-old Harleys for sale with under 12k on the clock.
Well, my bike will have lousy resale, since I put 14k on in 11 months.... Damn me and my riding :p

BC14
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Well, they can't do any longer than that, because the bugs really start to sting when they go above 40mph.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Bostons Pizza called me last week and asked if we would come back there. http://smiliesftw.com/x/192955.png

pauliep
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Bostons, man I'll be too busy eating the busy than socializing, haha

Brad
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I live in the Ranch and would be up for creating a spot or taking over a spot. I like the Platte river and don't really care what other bikes are there. Next time you are heading over there just post it up and see if we can take up some of those bike parking spots. I live right next to Little Ricci's so any where in the Ranch works for me.

Sounds great! I am really busy at work all week and looks like saturday too at this point. But for sure I will let you know- Some friends (non-bikers) of ours hang out at Off Broadway and always want us to join them, but our schedules just wont allow it, actualy, not much of a ride for you to go there. We do really like the Platte, just last week was just too much.

Brad
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I am really enjoying all of the mutual feelings from all of your posts. Thought it was just me. Also, Bostons has bike night once a month that is getting ready to start back up next month I believe.

FZRguy
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Bostons Pizza called me last week and asked if we would come back there. http://smiliesftw.com/x/192955.png

Still doing Wed bike nights at Hooters?

R6biker122
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 12:38 AM
Hell yeah, i like bike nights at Bostons. If it is set, i will come for sure!

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 07:23 AM
Did you ask them if they'd hire our foxy freckle faced waitress back and then you'd think about it?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 08:08 AM
Also, Bostons has bike night once a month that is getting ready to start back up next month I believe.

The only bike night they have there since I stopped is a small group of harley riders that show up. They don't have the resources to do what I was doing there.

Still doing Wed bike nights at Hooters?

Hooters and The Walnut Room

Hell yeah, i like bike nights at Bostons. If it is set, i will come for sure!

Sorry I don't plan on ever holding them again at Bostons after what they did.

Did you ask them if they'd hire our foxy freckle faced waitress back and then you'd think about it?

Aimee would never go back there after the way they screwed her over.

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 08:45 AM
Aimee would never go back there after the way they screwed her over.
She could always work at one of the other places that hosts bike night and we could screw her over, it'd be like old times! wait...

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 08:46 AM
So Jim, is Grand Prix doing bike nights at all this year?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 08:49 AM
So Jim, is Grand Prix doing bike nights at all this year?

I believe so and you guys should definately support them. Stick will post up soon.

usmcab35
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 08:51 AM
She could always work at one of the other places that hosts bike night and we could screw her over, it'd be like old times! wait...

:pointlaugh::pointlaugh:

R6biker122
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 01:04 PM
huh, damn. . I didn't know they screwed some people over.

Brad
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
3:37 p.m. Off Broadway; Harleys 7 Sportbikes 0
3:38 p.m. Bostons; Harleys 5 Sportbikes 0
3:38 p.m. C.B. Potts Harleys 2 Sportbikes 0
Thought I would stop off and have a beer on my way home from work, but kept on rollin.
What am I doing wrong? :wtf: LOL. Just seems like I have the harley schedule down.

Bueller
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Harley=bar
sportbike= canyon

salsashark
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:39 PM
1:30pm - Buffalo Restaurant & Bar in Idaho Springs - Harleys 0 Sportbikes 4

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Point of order. Do you think a guy on a Harley will pass a bar because 4 sportbikes are parked out front?

Drunktank
Sun Apr 3rd, 2011, 09:25 PM

Caldonias is always a good time. Im usually there at least once a week.... Then again, my sister works there so I get a nice discount when I roll in! :D

Now I just need to get Bailey out on a date ;)

puckstr
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Yesterday
Celtic Tavern off of Bellview http://www.celtictavernatriversidedowns.com/modules/wfchannel/
O Hardleys
5 Sportbikes

BushyAR15
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 05:01 PM
When I moved here, I thought for sure with real mountains and mountain roads there would be hang outs like Alices or the Rock Store around here for sure...

Apparently not. At least not in the close to 20 years I've lived here...

The closest to hang-outs I'd seen was a Diner on Havana and Iliff where on a Sunday there would be a 6-12 people. But that was years ago...

Larimer Street back around 1999-2000 and something ish. But thats been about it...

asp_125
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 05:02 PM
When I moved here, I thought for sure with real mountains and mountain roads there would be hang outs like Alices or the Rock Store around here for sure...

Apparently not. At least not in the close to 20 years I've lived here...

The closest to hang-outs I'd seen was a Diner on Havana and Iliff where on a Sunday there would be a 6-12 people. But that was years ago...

Larimer Street back around 1999-2000 and something ish. But thats been about it...

Deckers General Store is about the closest we get to that.

OUTLAWD
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:03 PM
maybe its just me...but I'd rather ride than hang out..

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:05 PM
hanging out is for lunch. :D

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Yeah but when a ride isn't feasible, you don't just go to bed either...

cptschlongenheimer
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM

It's not just you...

If i'm gonna drink, I'll do it at home where I can get it right without spending a wad or taking any unnecessary risks.

The post-ride beer(s) on my own couch are so much more enjoyable since I know i can have as many as I want. (not that my lightweight self ever has more than 3-4)

puckstr
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I don't drink and ride

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Apr 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I don't drink and ride

Thank you.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Harley=bar
sportbike= canyon
So then, where can the Buell's go???? :)

BC14
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Dave has identity issues :p

jbnwc
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I don't drink and ride

^^This.

Racz
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 03:34 PM

We should take over dirks.

Bueller
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 03:52 PM

Well since I don't waste my time or money in bars I'll leave that for you to figure out.

PunyJuney
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 04:15 PM
:yes:
hanging out is for lunch. :D

:applause:

Ezzzzy1
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Getting a little more familiar around here... Been a long time stalker of the site.

I think Dirks would be a great place to take over. I think it would be great to have a place to kick it. I know a few people that work there, if there is anything I can help with let me know. LETS DO IT!

On a side note, the guys that own brothers bbq are huge bike fans. The one on Arapahoe and 25 has been know to support the Street Bikers.

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 07:52 AM
^^We took a sabbatical from Dirks when Buff Bros got bought out. A few of us still go there on a semi-regular basis.

We used to do MotoGP at the Brother's BBQ. Not a bad spot, hard to get in & out of though esp. anytime around peak traffic hours

Racz
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I dont think that buff bros got completely bought out as I worked for the company that bought dirks. Little Pub Co bought a few bars from them. I think it would be cool to have a meet up there to get aquatinted with all of the southern folks.

MetaLord 9
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 11:05 AM
^^A group of us are hitting Alibi's off of Broadway & Mineral tonight. You're always welcome to join. Almost everyone rides, but not everyone is on the CSC very frequently. I may be the only one that rides, but look for the red ZX-6R and the guy in red boots.

I thought that Buff Bros had actually sold the company and the name doesn't exist any more. I thought they sold all of their locations

Devaclis
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Stop telling these assholes about our Happy Hours!

:)

MetaLord 9
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 11:57 AM
^^They never show up anyway! :lol:

Devaclis
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 11:59 AM
No but they bitch about it a lot, and get a puss hurt about taking a bike to a bar, and then spout hollier than thou bullshit for 3 pages. But what the hell. Free speach, right?

See you peeps at the pub tonight!!

Ezzzzy1
Sun May 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
The Buff Brothers still own Funuguyz in Parker... They sold all of the others.

Who is going to bike night 5/5? Anyone want to ride down together?

Racz
Wed May 4th, 2011, 05:50 AM
The Buff Brothers still own Funuguyz in Parker... They sold all of the others.

Who is going to bike night 5/5? Anyone want to ride down together?

Im down, I live about i25 and lincoln but probably wont be able to head out till about 6:30 7ish we could meet at the chilis right there.

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 5th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Im down, I live about i25 and lincoln but probably wont be able to head out till about 6:30 7ish we could meet at the chilis right there.

Had a curve ball thrown my way but might still be able to make it... I will pm my number to ya and let you know later

Swift
Thu May 5th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Had a curve ball thrown my way but might still be able to make it... I will pm my number to ya and let you know later
Don't piss off the wifey. :D

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 5th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Don't piss off the wifey. :D

Right. lol. There has to be at least one Castle Rock representative going tonight...

Im trying to find a sitter for the little man and its not working:nuke:

Racz
Thu May 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM

I just pm'ed you mine let me know.

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Good to go! I think I am just going to prop him up in the oven...

Anyone that wants to meet up with Racz and I is welcome to. Chillis @ Lincoln and 25 (northwest corner) around 630.

Ezzzzy1
Sat May 7th, 2011, 01:17 PM
So I talked to the guys that own Brothers BBQ, I know its not a sports bar, and they are game to do something cool for Street bike crowd. I have a meeting with them about some design work that I am doing for them on Monday and was going to throw a few ideas around with them about some deals and whatnot for us.

I think it would be a great place to have a few, eat some bbq, watch the races and just hang out. What does anyone else think and what would you like to see them offer up?

Ezzzzy1
Sun May 8th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Thats great! Thanks for all the feed back... There were a total of 0.

FZRguy
Sun May 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM
We tried watching races at Brothers BBQ, but they have four small TV's for the entire place. So maybe good for a bike night but no good for race watching.

Racz
Mon May 9th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Thats great! Thanks for all the feed back... There were a total of 0.

Fine how about happy hour prices all of the time, 2$ drafts, discounted prices on appetizers, for x amount of members a free pitcher, first beer on the house. There is a few ideas let us know how the meet up goes.

Ezzzzy1
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Fine how about happy hour prices all of the time, 2$ drafts, discounted prices on appetizers, for x amount of members a free pitcher, first beer on the house. There is a few ideas let us know how the meet up goes.

Takes balls to respond to a noob...

Cornfed
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Going from an F3 to a ZX, GSXR, SV, Triumph, and yes a FXSTB, and now back to a GSXR averaging new less than 12,000 miles a year, (in a 6 month riding season). I have to agree with asp 125. I proudly wear my "I rode mine to a trailer rally, Sturgis 69."
I love all my brothers on two wheels but my idea of a ride is not how many bars I can hit, but rather how many bugs I can kill.

mdub
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
cornfed that is grt motto...."how many bugs i can kill" ...lately i have been cleaning my visor daily.....

for hangin out....i hang out at the house. beer and food is cheaper.

Racz
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I think of bugs like medals of honor on my visor. I have been cleanign my visor daily as well.