PDA

View Full Version : Ride, Sat. Apr 2 @10.30am at Rudy's BBQ off HWY 24

Ninja2
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I know it's difficult to believe waking up to snow this morning, but supposedly it will be in the low-70s in COS and 63 in Woodland Park on Saturday, Apr 3.

Plan on riding a relaxed pace to Zoka's in Pine for lunch. The rest TBD.

Meet up 1: Sat, Apr 2 at Rudy's (red barn looking building on left hand side) off HWY 24 - it also has a gas station. 10.30am.

Meet up 2: Deckers around noon

Zoka's: Around 1pm

CaneZach
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 03:23 PM
That would be the bbq/gas joint on the southeast corner of 24 and 31st St., for the uninitiated. :-)

BadR6Man
Sun Mar 27th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I should be able to make it. Still waiting on a few gaskets for the R6 and Still have to install the motor and road test. I can always buy a battery and change the oil in grandpa. Nah, I think I will take the MV out and enjoy the nekkidness.

spdu4ia
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Hm, we might ride over there to meet everyone but don't think we will be riding out with you guys. Still teaching the wife how to ride and she isn't ready for a group ride yet.

aerofaze
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I MAY meet up with you at Zoka's. My Duc is in Boulder, so I plan to pick it up Saturday and may be able to catch you at Pine Jct on the way home.

Either way, I'll let you know.

OUTLAWD
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I MAY meet up with you at Zoka's. My Duc is in Boulder, so I plan to pick it up Saturday and may be able to catch you at Pine Jct on the way home.

if you plan on taking the scenic route back down,,,hit me up!

aerofaze
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
if you plan on taking the scenic route back down,,,hit me up!

Dave, will do if the timing is right. I'll let you know.

It has been too long!

Ninja2
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM

OK. I posted some more details - we should be in Deckers around noon and Zoka's at 1pm.

Concabar
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Have fun, don't be getting any wise ideas and try taking my bike out.

Flybybri
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Oooooo, I may be up for this on Sat. I would be considered uninitiated so I will have to ask around for an address to this place.....I have a navi on board.....hehe

Ninja2
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Have fun, don't be getting any wise ideas and try taking my bike out.
Too late :devious: Smooth ride.
I even added my own personal touch. :cheers: You like?

Swift
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I'm out. As I told the Northies, I got a full day ahead of me this saturday.

Concabar
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Too late :devious: Smooth ride.
I even added my own personal touch. :cheers: You like?

Aren't you fun-nay, Im gonna kill you, then sell your bike for $1. ;)

aerofaze
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Aren't you fun-nay, Im gonna kill you, then sell your bike for $1. ;)

You women are violent.

But I do like the personal touch! :D

Matthew b
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Sounds good, it will be a great day out. I'm new but would love to go for a ride with you guys

Concabar
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM
You women are violent.

Thanks Sarah, but you're not helping ;)

JohnEffinK
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Either way - this is one of the better bumps!.....

John

Ninja2
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM

Thanks, Sarah! Today, TJ's bike got a new paint job, and I took it out for a spin around town. See pic below. You like?

Tomorrow I will add Hello Kitty stickers!:bananna:

aerofaze
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 08:10 AM
:pointlaugh: Definitely add the Hello Kitty stickers. I'll come over with some Barbie decals/magnets, too. (This :scream2: must be TJ's face right now)

Going back to the ride subject, I'll have a better answer tomorrow on whether or not we'll be able to make it in time to meet you at Zoka's Saturday.

Depths_of_Mind
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Bah... I'll be working *cry*

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 08:59 AM
TJ's bike got a new paint job...

You turned an R6 into a Honda...wow...you are dedicated to this cause :p

Reyven
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I want to go!

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 09:13 AM
then go!

asp_125
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 09:15 AM
hmm... mayhaps.

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 09:20 AM
whats the matter CZ...saw that it wasn't a Kawi? ;)

CaneZach
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM
whats the matter CZ...saw that it wasn't a Kawi? ;)

Yup! It looked like a Kawi at first, until I took a closer look.

Reyven
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
then go!

Dont be mean Dave

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Dont be mean Dave

there was no meaness... :(

aerofaze
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
For the Northies who are planning to meet up with the Southies at Zoka's, are you peeps planning to congregate somewhere more northerly first before heading down?

We may join ya on the way back from Boulder, but awaiting word on some other stuff...

asp_125
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 11:09 AM
For the Northies who are planning to meet up with the Southies at Zoka's, are you peeps planning to congregate somewhere more northerly first before heading down?

We may join ya on the way back from Boulder, but awaiting word on some other stuff...

Depending on your route down, either meeting up with you in Golden (via 93) or The El Rancho in Bergen Park (via P2P)

Ninja2
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 12:34 PM
You turned an R6 into a Honda...wow...you are dedicated to this cause :p
Yes, I also made all of the trees green.:silly: But I like the idea - I guess there is a girl who rides around in a pink Honda with all kins of Hello Kitty paintings and stickers... .

On a more serious note - looking forward to meeting everyone who has replied to the thread.

Sully
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM
:rolleyes:
pink Honda with all kins of Hello Kitty paintings and stickers... ..

That would be Sortarican's dream bike!!!

dallas
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 12:57 PM
:rolleyes:

Not really because his would have handle bar streamers.........

Ninja2
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
You mean this?

Sully
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 02:00 PM
:lol: LOL TOTALLY!!! Streamers are an easy modification :D

V4whore
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 12:53 PM
A few of us northies will be meeting at MOCO and then on to Deckers to meet you guys at noon. For anyone that would like to join us: 9:30am at MOCO, KSU no later than 10am.

Reyven
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 04:21 PM
Going to be a pain, am curious about the times.

Is it KSU at 1030, or meeting at 1030? Was recently posted that it only takes ~45 min to get to Deckers, where scheduled meeting time is noon. Kinda wondering where the rest of the time comes into play?

asp_125
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 04:32 PM
Y'know, the usual standing 'round smoking BSing time.... ;)

CaneZach
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 06:10 PM
Reyven, it takes 45 mins to make it to Deckers from the west side of the Springs at a pretty slow, relaxed pace. From MoCo, it's probably just a hair longer, depending on how you ride.

Ninja2
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 06:56 PM
I like scheduling a time buffer for folks to fuel up, get to know each other and so on.
I made reservations for 10 at Zoka's for 1pm on Saturday under Rabea, in case anyone wants to meet up.

At this point, it's not clear to me who exactly will show where. Let me know if you think the number is too high or low.

DriverDave
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Looks like I'll be meeting the others at MoCo for the ride to Zoka's. It appears we'll have 3 VFR's so far :o

V4whore
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 07:43 PM
There should be 3 or 4 northies joining for lunch.

JohnEffinK
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 09:03 PM
I am in. Linkup at Rudy's location.

John

Reyven
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 07:17 AM
Y'know, the usual standing 'round smoking BSing time.... ;)

I dont smoke and most everyone knows I hardly talk :D

50sGrl
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 07:28 AM
I should be following the northie group down. Looking forward to it.

aerofaze
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 08:13 AM
I'm out. Injured my foot the other day. :(

I'll see everybody another time, but have fun!

OUTLAWD
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 09:13 AM

I'll everybody another time, but have fun!

:( injured feet suck...Heal up soon girlie...its riding season!

aerofaze
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
:( injured feet suck...Heal up soon girlie...its riding season!

Yes indeed, and thanks! The tendons on the top of my foot are getting the elevate-ice-rest-and-Advil treatment (is that right, ReyRey?).

Hopefully that'll get me on my bike soon.

Reyven
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 10:34 AM
Yes indeed, and thanks! The tendons on the top of my foot are getting the elevate-ice-rest-and-Advil treatment (is that right, ReyRey?).

Hopefully that'll get me on my bike soon.

Is exactly what they need :)

You better get back out soon! Was looking forward to riding with you!

spdu4ia
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
FYI roads up to deckers are great. Small gravel sections on center line and outside edge the closer you get and It looked gravely past deckers (didn't go that far) for a mile or two. Enjoy.

GuitarX
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 08:17 PM

I'll see everybody another time, but have fun!

I'm sorry to hear this, I hope you're ok. You didn't hurt it on the bike did you?

aerofaze
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear this, I hope you're ok. You didn't hurt it on the bike did you?

No, thank goodness!! Note to self: do not mix heels and icy sidewalks (from Tuesday morning).

Thanks for asking, Gary! I should be good to go in a couple days.

Ninja2
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
Great ride everyone. Thanks for coming out. It was wonderful seeing a lot of familiar as well as new faces. Sorry, if I do not remember everyone's names.
Hope to see you again soon.

And btw, John and John made it back ok, too. I was asked if we made it back ok because something's going in Deckers. Soldier and Reyven I hope you guys made it back ok as well!

asp_125
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks for organizing, Rabea. :up: Great ride, not a lot of sand. Nice pace.

GuitarX
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
No, thank goodness!! Note to self: do not mix heels and icy sidewalks (from Tuesday morning).

Thanks for asking, Gary! I should be good to go in a couple days.

Well, heels mix well with just about everything but I guess icy sidewalks are an exception. :hump:

Had lots of fun today, it was great to see some faces from the Bishops ride and meet some new folks as well! Looking forward to the next one!

OBD
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
What a great day for a ride. Glad to meet all of you and we can do another ride soon. Good day, good roads, good pace, good food, and great friends(new and not so new). Hope everyone got home safe. Thanks:)

will-t
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Where's the picture of the Gear Shrine?

Had a blast! I still don't get this obsession with sand you people have. People kept pointing at it, I kept riding through it waiting for my special prize. nada. ;)

JohnEffinK
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Great ride. Good meeting everyone.

Thanks Rabea.

John

50sGrl
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM
Where's the picture of the Gear Shrine?

The gear shrine

will-t
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Damn, the altar could have had flames if we'd have thought to get the fireplace turned on for the shot.

Matthew b
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the ride guys, i had a lot of fun and made it home ok. My friend Darrin (who left early from Zoka's) hit some sand on the way back and lost it, and ran into a ditch. Hes ok and his bike runs, just needs new plastic on the right side. Other then that it was a great day.

BadR6Man
Sat Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Good ride all. Nice to see some more of the Northerners. Had fun riding with you guys from Deckers to Zoka's. Good to hear Darrin survived with no injuries. He don't need any new plastics, he just gotta ride with us Dirty Southies from now on.

I got pulled over on the way back on 24 between Pike's Peak highway and Manitou for going 19 over the speed limit. The officer was nice enough to just give me a warning. Looks like I used my free get out of a ticket so early into the season. I'm going to have to take it easy until next year.

V4whore
Sun Apr 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks to everyone for the good ride. It couldn't have been a better day. Sorry to hear about the legal entanglements, and especially the accident. I'm glad everyone is OK and ticket free.

Ninja2
Sun Apr 3rd, 2011, 08:48 AM
I don't think the sheriff clocked ya. There was no one before him and I doubt he got you going by. If he did, you're one lucky bastard! And so is John and I :-) That's why I sweep ;-)
As to Darrin, I am glad he is well, and hope he will come out riding with us again soon.

Check out Kyle's pics at http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38871
It was also his b-day yesterday!

Snowman
Sun Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Good to see all the new riders this season and meet some cool people.

Reyven
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 07:02 AM
As stated, great to meet some new people. Good ride up. Made it back safely without any incidents. Sorry to hear about Darrin :( As we just had the conversation about replacing fairing. Hope he gets it back together soon.