PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Collision!!

DemonRider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:05 PM
So this morning I took my son to school and on my way back home some idiot decided he would prevent me from merging. Then of all things I get behind him and on a green light he slams on his brakes causing me to rearend him. So my fault, right??? The Police Officer writes ME a careless driving ticket,,, Damn it!!!!!!!!

But;

I had my GoPro running and caught his actions on camera, went home with my ticket, downloaded the video, burned to disk, take copy to Insurance agent, and took copy to the Traffic Officer who wrote the ticket. Insurance agent agrees the dude was at fault and will probably decline payment to the other party. Not sure if I should post up the video or not but hey what could go wrong?

asp_125
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
GoPro FTW! Hopefully the charges will get dropped.

brennahm
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
How did he prevent you from merging?

CaneZach
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I'm a little torn on whether you should post up the vid or not. You can PM me if you'd like and we can go from there.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM
then cane pm to me as i'd like to investigate it as well! :lol:

King Nothing
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:20 PM
It's your job to merge safely. Not his job to let you merge.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I had my GoPro running and caught his actions on camera,

insert evil laugh here....:batman:

CaneZach
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:24 PM

True dat! But, it doesn't matter as it has no outcome on the collision, which is what I'm more concerned with.

Sean
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:26 PM
It's your job to merge safely. Not his job to let you merge.:imwithstupid:

Plus, (from what I know) it is your responsibility to follow at a safe distance. If you were unable to stop with him slamming on his brakes, you were not following at a safe distance. He was probably doing it to be a dick, but that doesn't really matter. You are at fault. Keep in mind, I am basing this on what you said in the first post, I could be wrong.

Hope you're okay.

BlueRanger
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
+1 concern about posting the vid. You should just wait until everything is sorted out before posting the vid. Hope you are ok.

bulldog
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Hmmm..sounds to me like you were too close to him and the way the courts will see it. If not you would have had time to stop. Yeah it was a jerk move by him, but doubt this is video is going to change the fact you didn't stop in time.

Not to mention it may get you in more trouble because you were angry he didn't let you in and was tailgating him in retaliation.

Who knows though....

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM
It's not his job, but he doesn't have to be a dick about it. I'll always slow down, or speed up if there's room, or even get over a lane if it's safe, so people can merge safely. I wish more people would.

But on the video, I wouldn't post it until everything is settled.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
:cyber: calling all internet lawyers

rforsythe
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:40 PM
In some states IIRC it is the responsibility of flowing traffic to let other vehicles merge in, so maybe there was some confusion there. But yeah, don't post it up yet, these things have a way of coming back to bite you.

DemonRider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Ok, so the officer called me back after reviewing the footage and it seems that he will be contacting the other Driver and issuing him a Careless driving ticket also for what they call "Brake Checking"

Ya, there was my concerns also the "Merging" your all right in that the other driver doesn't "HAVE TO" but being a Dick is exactly what he did by simply slowing and then speeding up while I had my blinker on trying to get into traffic, the lane was ending so I merged in behind him and at the Traffic Light (which was Green) he slammed on his brakes which is what caused the actual collision. I thought there was something that said a vehicle must maintain speed to allow traffic to merge not Just slam on the brakes, I might be wrong though... I'll hold off on posting the video it was just a very interesting situation.

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Spelling Nazi says.....

*brakes[/spelling lesson] :D

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:46 PM
that's SO cool! evil laugh again.

was it a prius? maybe his batteries were low and he needed to use the brakes to regenerate? You're lucky to have the gopro this time and it might save your bacon. just sayin

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:47 PM
BTW, were you on the bike, or in your car?

pauliep
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I wish I could be on the line when the cop breaks the news to the other driver.

COP: "Yes sir, I am writing you a ticket for careless driving."
Idiot:"What do you mean!? The SOB rear-ended me!"
COP: "He had you on camera. I saw the video. You're lucky this hasn't made it to youtube, half the world would hate you by now."
Idiot:"FML!"

King Nothing
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:52 PM
True dat! But, it doesn't matter as it has no outcome on the collision, which is what I'm more concerned with.you ART guys are all the same.

asp_125
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:57 PM
The merge may have been the instigator, but nevertheless the driver of the car could've just let it go instead of brake checking in retaliation.

CaneZach
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:58 PM
you ART guys are all the same.

Did you expect any less? :lol:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I wish I could be on the line when the cop breaks the news to the other driver.

COP: "Yes sir, I am writing you a ticket for careless driving."
Idiot:"What do you mean!? The SOB rear-ended me!"
COP: "He had you on camera. I saw the video. You're lucky this hasn't made it to youtube, half the world would hate you by now."
Idiot:"FML!"

:pointlaugh: :spit:

DemonRider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Spelling Nazi says.....

oooooopppppssssss !!!:cheers:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:05 PM
will be even better when his insurance drops him. all because his thong was crawling up his ass too far one morning.... Bet his wife will be proud.

Ted
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Whatever you do, do not post the video, (at least until the issue is resolved)

DemonRider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:06 PM
BTW, were you on the bike, or in your car?

this was all in the Wife's car...

No air bag deployment luckily! Everyone is OK it was a minor bump and very little damage to both cars.

DemonRider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
will be even better when his insurance drops him. all because his thong was crawling up his ass too far one morning.... Bet his wife will be proud.

funny, his wife did come to the scene to give some paperwork he didn't have at the time, i didn't see her face but my wife said she looked really mad. Hopefully both of our wives take it easy on us.... :coffee:

Sully
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Spelling Nazi says.....

Thank you!

I had some f*tard brake check me on the freakin' highway during normal traffic flow. I ended up rear ending him since SUV's don't stop on a dime. He was being a d-bag and couldn't get his "made-up" story straight when he told it to the officer. After he figured out the guy was lying, the Highway Patrol Officer ended up writing the d-bag a ticket and let me go. HE was so awesome! D-bag then proceeded to try and make a claim on my insurance for a new bumper (on a Ford Taurus) because of a few scratches and they told him to take a hike because he was the one who received the ticket. The State asked me if I wanted to make a claim and I said no since my car really wasn't that bad and I didn't want to go through all the hassle, plus I got rid of the SUV shortly thereafter.

Many people drive like idiots and are only concerned about themselves, watch out for yourself! :)

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM
legally as the one merging it is your responsibility to merge into traffic safely. You must yield to all vehicles on the roadway you're merging onto. The other driver is not required to yield to you.

pauliep
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
This was before your BMW?

Thank you!

I had some f*tard brake check me on the freakin' highway during normal traffic flow. I ended up rear ending him since SUV's don't stop on a dime. He was being a d-bag and couldn't get his "made-up" story straight when he told it to the officer. After he figured out the guy was lying, the Highway Patrol Officer ended up writing the d-bag a ticket and let me go. HE was so awesome! D-bag then proceeded to try and make a claim on my insurance for a new bumper (on a Ford Taurus) because of a few scratches and they told him to take a hike because he was the one who received the ticket. The State asked me if I wanted to make a claim and I said no since my car really wasn't that bad and I didn't want to go through all the hassle, plus I got rid of the SUV shortly thereafter.

Many people drive like idiots and are only concerned about themselves, watch out for yourself! :)

bornwildnfree
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Yea, but if the guy speeds up when you do to merge in front of him and then slows down as you do when the lane ends, that's called being a dick. Also, trying to merge when the lane ends isn't cause to slam on the brakes. Mind you, I wasn't there so maybe there's more to the story, but I'm glad you had your GoPro.

salsashark
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM
If "being a dick" was illegal, prison overcrowding would exponentially worse.

Sully
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:26 PM
This was before your BMW?

Yep, it was in the Infiniti. And the guy was like in his 60+'s.

asp_125
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:32 PM
What I'm curious about is if the cop wrote the other guy a ticket did he drop yours?

DemonRider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:42 PM
What I'm curious about is if the cop wrote the other guy a ticket did he drop yours?

Nope,,,,,, ill have to fight it i think, but getting some other opinions first, something about how he can't but still pending

ChrisCBX
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Thats what I'm wondering too. How can both be ticketed?

modette99
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM

Not true most states have laws saying it is illegal to PREVENT someone from merging. Meaning you are not suppose to intensionally block someone like some asshats try and do. Not sure if the case in CO...but its also illegal to slam on the brakes for no reason...good I hope your video makes your insurance not pay the dude.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:49 PM
you mean he's not one of those LEO/Judge guys?

brennahm
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:52 PM
My guess would be it's against policy for an officer to invalidate a ticket he wrote.

CaneZach
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Thats what I'm wondering too. How can both be ticketed?

Because the citation is merely a charge asserting a violation of the law. If you rear-end a drunk driver at a stop sign because you weren't paying attention, you'd get a ticket for following too closely or careless driving while he'd be arrested for DUI. Writing a citation to one driver doesn't automatically invalidate a citation to the other.

modette99
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Okay had to look this up with my Traffic Code software...again sorry I don't have the CO edition maybe I will buy it sometime.

So assuming Co has the same type of law...

(7) When a vehicle approaches the intersection of a highway from an intersecting highway or street which is intended to be, and is constructed as, a merging highway or street, and is plainly marked at the intersection with appropriate merge signs, the vehicle shall yield right of way to a vehicle so close as to constitute an immediate hazard on the highway about to be entered and shall adjust its speed so as to enable it to merge safely with the through traffic.

CaneZach
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Okay had to look this up with my Traffic Code software...again sorry I don't have the CO edition maybe I will buy it sometime.

So assuming Co has the same type of law...

(7) When a vehicle approaches the intersection of a highway from an intersecting highway or street which is intended to be, and is constructed as, a merging highway or street, and is plainly marked at the intersection with appropriate merge signs, the vehicle shall yield right of way to a vehicle so close as to constitute an immediate hazard on the highway about to be entered and shall adjust its speed so as to enable it to merge safely with the through traffic.

Colorado doesn't. We have a law about refusing to let someone pass you, but not for merging. I'll have to take a look at the statute regarding being overtaken and I'll post it up.

ETA: It's CRS 42-4-1003, but it applies mostly to vehicle being overtaken on the left. The only time overtaking on the right is permitted is when a veicle is turning left.

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Because the citation is merely a charge asserting a violation of the law. If you rear-end a drunk driver at a stop sign because you weren't paying attention, you'd get a ticket for following too closely or careless driving while he'd be arrested for DUI. Writing a citation to one driver doesn't automatically invalidate a citation to the other.
Booyah.

modette99
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Colorado doesn't. We have a law about refusing to let someone pass you, but not for merging. I'll have to take a look at the statute regarding being overtaken and I'll post it up.

Does CO have this which would mean the other driver forfeited his right of way by speeding:
(5) The driver of a vehicle traveling at an unlawful speed shall forfeit a right of way which the driver might otherwise have under this section.

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I'd like to see that one.

bulldog
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I am confused. Did the guy break check you immediately after merging in behind him or did this happen a bit later down the road?

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM

You're always killing me with this logic and shit :drink:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I am confused. Did the guy break check you immediately after merging in behind him or did this happen a bit later down the road?

The guy did not take a break. He was an asshole the whole time.

DemonRider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:28 PM

immediately,,,,, good to see I'm not the only one LOL (Break),,,,,,, and yes A-Hole all the way,, had there just been a little Courtesy it probably wouldn't have happened, but hey,, what can you do, we live where we live..

modette99
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:31 PM
^^^ Yeah that needs to be clarified because if the OP merged in and was about to slow and the guy brake checked him before given that chance to slow...int he real world driving a safe distance is not an option most of the time if you ever want to merge in. Well if the insurance felt good with the video I bet the Judge or DA will too...just show up with laptop with that ready to be shown to the DA, Assistant or whoever you get to haggle with. Stand your ground and say you want a Jury Trial...if your video is THAT good. All you do is have to have one Juror side with you. Its like $20 deposit you give for a Jury Trial your entitled to one with a careless citation.

With the video, I'm sure the DA will wave the ticket or drop it to something silly just to get you to make them money by paying a fine.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I need to get a job because this rampant misuse of your is killing me.

Does anyone have respect for the language they speak?

modette99
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:36 PM
immediately,,,,, good to see I'm not the only one LOL (Break),,,,,,, and yes A-Hole all the way,, had there just been a little Courtesy it probably wouldn't have happened, but hey,, what can you do, we live where we live..

I had a guy that I let in, moved over to the left but needed the right. My exist was coming up and I had the blinker on. he would not let me back in, so I came over anyways and he got MAD, to the point he rode my bumper about an inch off...I slammed the brakes and he went off the road. The guy was a total asshat after I was nice and moved over so he could merge on with ease.

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:37 PM
The guy did not take a break. He was an asshole the whole time.
:spit:

CaneZach
Does CO have this which would mean the other driver forfeited his right of way by speeding:
(5) The driver of a vehicle traveling at an unlawful speed shall forfeit a right of way which the driver might otherwise have under this section.

There's nothing in the law about forfeiting ROW, but I can tell you I may or may not have ( :devious: ) had a case where an idiot on a sportbike was was hauling and ran into a school bus. The bus was turning left, which would normally mean the bus driver violated the bike's ROW, except that upon impact, the bus' rear end was rotated about 8'. During the course of the investigation it was determined the motorcycle was traveling in excess of 120 mph and was over one-tenth of a mile from impact when the bus driver began to turn. No charges were filed against the bus driver.

modette99

Want me to post in German? Who said English was my first language!!! Don't assume things it makes an ASS out of U and ME

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:39 PM

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u24/FUNKERIFIC/Your_an_idiot.jpg

*snickers*

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I just want to know if the OP was wearing his helmet IN the car with the GoPro.

That's serious dedication and would have picked up the whole situation from start to finish.

bulldog
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Ok, I see the situation different now; thought you did it later down in the road making me think you tailgated him because you were angry he messed with you (hey I have done it many times). Guy was just being an asshole :evil: Lucky you didn't get

Brake....yup :lol:

modette99
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
There's nothing in the law about forfeiting ROW, but I can tell you I may or may not have ( :devious: ) had a case where an idiot on a sportbike was was hauling and ran into a school bus. The bus was turning left, which would normally mean the bus driver violated the bike's ROW, except that upon impact, the bus' rear end was rotated about 8'. During the course of the investigation it was determined the motorcycle was traveling in excess of 120 mph and was over one-tenth of a mile from impact when the bus driver began to turn. No charges were filed against the bus driver.

That is interesting and good to know...maybe CO needs a law. I mean after all if your "speeding" you should forfeit certain rights. Hard to blame a Soccer mom minivan'er when she turns left out of King Soppers and a motorcyclist was doing double, triple or more over the speed limit. The motorcyclist should loose all right of way.

CaneZach
I'd like to see that one.

42-4-1004. When overtaking on the right is permitted. (http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext.dll?f=FifLink&t=document-frame.htm&l=query&iid=3998343b.453b7660.0.0&q=%5BGroup%20%2742-4-1004%27%5D)

(1) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:
(a) When the vehicle overtaken is making or giving indication of making a left turn;
(b) Upon a street or highway with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles and marked for two or more lanes of moving vehicles in each direction; or
(c) Upon a one-way street or upon any roadway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement where the roadway is free from obstructions and marked for two or more lanes of moving vehicles.
(1.5) The driver of a motor vehicle upon a one-way roadway with two or more marked traffic lanes, when overtaking a bicyclist proceeding in the same direction and riding on the left-hand side of the road, shall allow the bicyclist at least a three-foot separation between the left side of the driver's vehicle, including all mirrors or other projections, and the right side of the bicyclist at all times.
(2) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such movement in safety. In no event shall such movement be made by driving off the pavement or main-traveled portion of the roadway.

Basically, it means you are following someone on a two-laned road (one lane in each direction) and the guy in front of you is turning left onto another street where there is no left turn lane. You can go around them, as long as there is sufficient space between the turning vehicle and the curb or road edge. You are not allowed to drive off the roadway and onto a shoulder to complete the pass.

TinkerinWstuff
:spit: you're all awesome. I'm glad folks around here have a good sense of humor and don't get all butthurt over shit -

unless it was a really big one

Want me to post in German? Who said English was my first language!!! Don't assume things it makes an ASS out of U and ME

your = possessive. Your asshole
you're = contraction. You are an asshole.

modette99
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:48 PM
:spit: you're all awesome. I'm glad folks around here have a good sense of humor and don't get all butthurt over shit -

your = possessive. Your GoPro

Big what? Butt!!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gVnZfmtD77I/S-fedCjZzgI/AAAAAAAAA1k/Xl_-BviXpXM/s1600/bigButt.jpg

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Big what? Butt!!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gVnZfmtD77I/S-fedCjZzgI/AAAAAAAAA1k/Xl_-BviXpXM/s1600/bigButt.jpg

sorry, I changed my post to better show the contrast in meaning.

Which side are you allowed to pass that on?

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Basically, it means you are following someone on a two-laned road (one lane in each direction) and the guy in front of you is turning left onto another street where there is no left turn lane. You can go around them, as long as there is sufficient space between the turning vehicle and the curb or road edge. You are not allowed to drive off the roadway and onto a shoulder to complete the pass.
I thought you were going to post up about if you're on the highway and trying to pass someone, and they speed up so you can't pass them.

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM
sorry, I changed my post to better show the contrast in meaning.

Which side are you allowed to pass that on?
I'd pass on all of it. :puke:

OUTLAWD
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
what can you do, we live where we live..

FWIW, generally speaking, drivers here are very courteous...try having someone "let" you merge most other places...you are more likely to get run off the road.

so when is it legal to pass in the shoulder, doing a wheelie, while flipping off the person you are passing?

CaneZach
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I thought you were going to post up about if you're on the highway and trying to pass someone, and they speed up so you can't pass them.

Sorry, Wick. I thought you wanted to overtaking on the right. Here's the law about failing to yield when being overtaken:

42-4-1003. Overtaking a vehicle on the left. (http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext.dll?f=FifLink&t=document-frame.htm&l=query&iid=3998343b.453b7660.0.0&q=%5BGroup%20%2742-4-1003%27%5D)

(1) The following rules shall govern the overtaking and passing of vehicles proceeding in the same direction, subject to the limitations, exceptions, and special rules stated in this section and sections 42-4-1004 (http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext.dll?f=FifLink&t=document-frame.htm&l=jump&iid=COCODE&d=42-4-1004&sid=3998343b.453b7660.0.0#JD_42-4-1004) to 42-4-1008:
(a) The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall pass to the left of the vehicle at a safe distance and shall not again drive to the right side of the roadway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle.
(b) The driver of a motor vehicle overtaking a bicyclist proceeding in the same direction shall allow the bicyclist at least a three-foot separation between the right side of the driver's vehicle, including all mirrors or other projections, and the left side of the bicyclist at all times.
(c) Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on audible signal and shall not increase the speed of the driver's vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 04:03 PM
(c) Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on audible signal and shall not increase the speed of the driver's vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.
I had a lady try and do that to me on the way to Loveland on Saturday. Going the same speed as the car in the middle lane. I waited and waited, got tired of waiting for her to do something, as soon as I made my way over to the right lane to pass both of them, she speeds up and tries to not let me get in front of her. :slap: I just stayed in the right lane and passed more people, and eventually got ahead of her.

JustSomeDude
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Did you contact your insurance co. yet with the information that the officer also gave the other driver a ticket? That in and of itself may clear them from having to pay anything out. Cops issuing him a ticket is also assignment of fault. However, since you both have tickets now, it can get into that gray area of who's MORE at fault. But, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Also - where there any other cars in front of him, or any other obstacles that he may use an excuse for braking? Lastly, what was traffic flow like... slow, or posted speeds?

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 06:41 PM

Haha! Too funny.

Darth Do'Urden
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I have nothing to add. Just here for the grins. =)

Sleev
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 07:18 PM
clearly, if Ramon rear-ended him he had already merged behind him.

I think the brake check could be considered a seperate incident and he could fight the ticket in court. That's what I would do just to fuck with the guy and teach him a lesson.

Think about what could've happened if his kids were in the car and someone seriously got hurt.

Wrider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I just got back from NYC. Thank God we don't drive like that here... lol

DemonRider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I just want to know if the OP was wearing his helmet IN the car with the GoPro.

That's serious dedication and would have picked up the whole situation from start to finish.

Sorry Tink, no helmet in the car hahaha, although next time maybe I'll, nevermind!!! It's funny about the English thing,,, every time I read some of these posts and threads on here also the text messages I get most the time these days I have to Google things like BTW, FML, noob, BRB, and stuff like that just to know what the heck they stand for:silly::silly: and now I gotta find out what you all mean by "OP" I must be getting old, Damn!!

Well I guess we will find out on April 26th 8:00 am,,,, Damn Court, I was really thinking it would just go away, maybe between now and then who knows.

Sleev
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

Filo
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Origami Poser
Ocean Pacific
Other People's
October Penitentiary
Orthogonal Protuberance

Hey, this is fun.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 10:32 PM
My best and most illegal experience with the topic;

Was in Boulder coming off the 36 and trying to merge onto Baseline road going east. Some fuckstick decided to be an ass and wouldn't let me merge between him and the garbage truck in front of him. If he would have been any closer to the garbage truck trying to prevent me from merging, he would have been inside the truck. I finally just downshifted the Civic and illegally passed the garbage truck on the right (was driving on the shoulder by this point) merging with plenty of room.

I always let people in. Like getting in front of one car is going to do anything for your penis size, number of lady friends, personal income, or time to destination....

On the east coast, people stop at the bottom of acceleration lanes. The merge lanes are so short and few people will let anyone in so all they can do is stop at the bottom and wait for a spot to gun it.

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 07:52 AM
^^I'm fine letting people in, but if you clearly have a merge ahead of you, then you make no attempt to merge until you get all the way to the point where you're out of room and then try to jam yourself into traffic to cut off 4 cars, your ass isn't getting let in. Get in line like everybody else.

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 08:09 AM
^^I'm fine letting people in, but if you clearly have a merge ahead of you, then you make no attempt to merge until you get all the way to the point where you're out of room and then try to jam yourself into traffic to cut off 4 cars, your ass isn't getting let in. Get in line like everybody else.
^^^ This. I hate those people that think they need to be ahead of 3 or 4 more cars. It's NOT going to make a difference, wait your turn like everyone else.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 08:43 AM
It makes the most sense for traffic flow if everyone waited until the lane ended to try to merge. If everyone from the ending lane merges over the course of a 1/4mile , it just backs up the middle lane to a near stop further back.

Ricky
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I'm not opposed to letting someone in. But i sure hate it when I'm a nice guy and I let someone in, then they drive like a grandma douche. I also can't stand it when someone tries to merge onto a freeway with traffic moving at 55, when they are going 40. Then people on the freeway slow down, which causes traffic. People on the highway SHOULDN'T have to slow for oncoming traffic.

modette99
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I hate people that run merge lanes out, the sign told you to merge over a mile ago but yet you FAIL at reading and life. Especially when two lanes turn left onto an Interstate (like at Baptist Rd & I25). there will be a line up for the left lane but no one in the right which is the correct lane as those in the left are suppose to merge to the right after making the turn....but they don't. I just hold my ground its why I have a $100 deductible let them explain to the cop why they did not merge and why they hit me. *shrug*

I have noticed in CO people fail to understand the merge signs. In FL you can get a ticket for riding those lanes out, you are suppose to make an attempt to merge as soon as you see the sign that says "your losing that lane". I wish there was a rule here.

I remember once at the Costco in Denver that the sign said merge left, but people were backed up in the right side. I was turning left into this cluster fuck and I obeyed the sign and stayed left people got pissed off, I simple pointed to the sign and yelled "learn to read". I was not cutting a LINE, I have no idea why you all were int hr right (broke down, accident, a turn to the right I did not see!!!).

I still remember some asshat women that stopped on the entry ramp of I25 at Baptist Rd, complete stop, I just with one smooth motion of the wheel went around on the right...she honked at me. Its why we have a MERGE lane lady, get up to 70-80mph and merge in *shaking my head to this day at her* Sorry lady your minivan can not get up to speed to merge in from a dead stop, and people behind you don't know what the HELL you are doing, that type of person is going to kill someone doing that shit. But I do see it happening here sometimes.

Or the person that has a merge lane say over on Powers, getting onto Powers from one of the many side roads by the mall there. They stop and do not use the merge lane to MERGE in, I've passed a few people there and been honked at (for all I know your broken down), there is no reason to stop.

So my conclusion is are the people that move to CO from other states (especially CA) that clueless on how a merge lane works?

Kinda like the people that stop for traffic circles because they have no idea what Yield means (it does not mean stop) and they wait for it to be 100% clear. Its not an intersection traffic is suppose to keep moving its why traffic circles WORK (in other countries).

modette99
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I'm not opposed to letting someone in. But i sure hate it when I'm a nice guy and I let someone in, then they drive like a grandma douche. I also can't stand it when someone tries to merge onto a freeway with traffic moving at 55, when they are going 40. Then people on the freeway slow down, which causes traffic. People on the highway SHOULDN'T have to slow for oncoming traffic.

Yep I know what you mean, it does not pay anymore to be nice.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I hate people that run merge lanes out, the sign told you to merge over a mile ago but yet you FAIL at reading and life.

I agree with this UNTIL the freeway is fully congested like in rush-hour. Once the freeway is congested, traffic will flow best when everyone files in, every other car, at the lane end. You see this best at ski traffic going up the mountain on 70. If everyone rode their lane happily until it merges 3 lanes to 2, traffic would flow much better. When you have 2 miles of everyone fighting to get out of the lane ending, it completely stops the middle lane for miles.

modette99
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I agree with this UNTIL the freeway is fully congested like in rush-hour. Once the freeway is congested, traffic will flow best when everyone files in, every other car, at the lane end. You see this best at ski traffic going up the mountain on 70. If everyone rode their lane happily until it merges 3 lanes to 2, traffic would flow much better. When you have 2 miles of everyone fighting to get out of the lane ending, it completely stops the middle lane for miles.

Bad example to use with me, I have never seen I70 stopped...LOL Its why we ski Monarch...LOL Or Sundays at Loveland, or during the week :-P

Ricky
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Drives me nuts when EVERYONE is merging one car after the other, but one dude refuses to let ONE car in front of him. Come on man, we all have to deal with this BS.

And yeah, that whole thing where people merge way too soon, is pretty funny. I bet I save myself 5 minutes on the drive up the mountain by jumping into the right lane before the top of floyd hill, and flying by the rest of the traffic moving at 1/4 the speed I am, lol.

modette99
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Drives me nuts when EVERYONE is merging one car after the other, but one dude refuses to let ONE car in front of him. Come on man, we all have to deal with this BS.

And yeah, that whole thing where people merge way too soon, is pretty funny. I bet I save myself 5 minutes on the drive up the mountain by jumping into the right lane before the top of floyd hill, and flying by the rest of the traffic moving at 1/4 the speed I am, lol.

Don't do it with me, I watch my mirrors I've sent a few into the shoulder/ditch...LOL Get in line like everyone else, funny part is I typically end up passing the person that road the merge lane out.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 05:40 PM
Don't do it with me, I watch my mirrors I've sent a few into the shoulder/ditch...LOL Get in line like everyone else, funny part is I typically end up passing the person that road the merge lane out.

You're the guy I take the ditch to get around. You don't understand that traffic would flow better, when it's already gridlocked, if everyone rode it to the lane end and merged nicely. Who put you in charge of when people get to file in? We should probably just close the 3rd lane down way back at Denver before the hill and not have 3 lanes at all?

Ricky
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM
Think about the line for a ski lift. Alternate, alternate, alternate... Everyone gets in, and it's fair.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 10:15 AM
Think about the line for a ski lift. Alternate, alternate, alternate... Everyone gets in, and it's fair.

Can you imagine the mess it would be if they didn't have the ropes forcing people to merge at the end of the line instead of willy-nilly whenever?

Dietrich_R1
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
After the video, was there any talk about your ticket getting changed?????????????????

rforsythe
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Can you imagine the mess it would be if they didn't have the ropes forcing people to merge at the end of the line instead of willy-nilly whenever?

Depends on who you ask. I'd just knock over the newbies with crappy balance and walk right on. ;)

OUTLAWD
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
On the east coast, people stop at the bottom of acceleration lanes. The merge lanes are so short and few people will let anyone in so all they can do is stop at the bottom and wait for a spot to gun it.

haha...I used to love that when I was commuting in my dart...0-60 in 4 seconds will surprise quite a few commuters

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 01:22 PM
where I come from, the dart was known for rusting the rear spring shackles until they snapped and popped through the trunk.

modette99
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 02:56 PM
You're the guy I take the ditch to get around. You don't understand that traffic would flow better, when it's already gridlocked, if everyone rode it to the lane end and merged nicely. Who put you in charge of when people get to file in? We should probably just close the 3rd lane down way back at Denver before the hill and not have 3 lanes at all?

See you are talking gridlocked in that case your not flying around 100 cars at 90mph to cut in line, your waiting to get over as it is gridlocked.

This is gridlocked.
http://turbo.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/08/china-traffic-jam.jpg

I'm talking normal everyday none gridlocked. Yeah if your not hauling ass thinking "I'll cut 100 cars in line" then no I have no issue and I let people in. I've run, merge lanes out when people have not let me in...I'm pretty aggressive so if I want in, I'll come in (again its why I have insurance). All you do is have to pick the nicest, expensive car you see and come over, they tend to move...LOL

Yep, I like the ski analogy...funny part is it never works smoothly and they have ropes to help guide people. Mainly doe snot work at like Breckenridge where the there are so many lines, that people don't understand its about taking turns...and I have no problem if its a family and they say "hey can we go in front of you to stay together when we get off"...NO problem. but don't try and go when its not your turn (why I hate Breckenridge, lift lines).

asp_125
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 03:20 PM
WTF.. just lane split!

DemonRider
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 05:17 PM
After the video, was there any talk about your ticket getting changed?????????????????

There was but was told that The DA will do what needs to be done on the Court Date. Waiting on Farmers now and Court will be on the 26th, I'll update more then or if I hear something before hand I will up date you all....

DemonRider
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Due to the intentional movements of the other driver , my part of the case was Dismissed today!! No careless driving ticket on me!! Happy with that outcome , there insurance seems to not want to pay and I'm thinking just letting that go!!!

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Due to the intentional movements of the other driver , my part of the case was Dismissed today!! No careless driving ticket on me!! Happy with that outcome , there insurance seems to not want to pay and I'm thinking just letting that go!!!
That's awesome! Now post the video! :lol:

You could make the claim with your insurance and they can go after the other guy's insurance company. Then you don't have to deal with it.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM

You could make the claim with your insurance and they can go after the other guy's insurance company. Then you don't have to deal with it.

:yes:

and

:yes:

DemonRider
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM

That's what we are debating, Allstate is looking into it further to see if there is any point and if they are even willing to do anything about it there's only about 1500.00 in damage anyway which isn't much so it may not be worth all the trouble. We will see though.

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 11:04 AM
That's what we are debating, Allstate is looking into it further to see if there is any point and if they are even willing to do anything about it there's only about 1500.00 in damage anyway which isn't much so it may not be worth all the trouble. We will see though.
$1500 is still a lot of damage. You'll look at the car later and wonder why you didn't get it fixed, especially if you ever decide to sell it.

Ricky
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Remember, if it weren't for the other driver, you wouldn't be in this situation. It's not fair to you that someone else's actions will cause you turmoil. $1500 is a lot of cash. Even if you don't fix the car with that money, that's like.... a dirt bike or something!

ChrisCBX
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 11:17 AM

Great news Ramon.

I couldn't understand how the other driver can do a brake check on you and then you get a ticket. Brake checking is an intentional and aggressive act.

I'm glad it worked out. You can contact the Colorado state insurance commission regarding your damages if you can't get resolution through insurance. The insurance commission may step in and help if need be. They helped me out twice in the past when the other driver's insurance companies did not want to pay.

King Nothing
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dietrich_R1
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Congrats!!!!! WE WANT THE VIDEO!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE FULL COVERAGE.... Tell your insurance company to Sig'm!! That's the advantage of full coverage... they have to go after them until you are happy!!!

DemonRider
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM
OK, so my insurance will be taking this case and doing with it what they do. Please keep in mind that the moment I made a Right turn into the Merging lane he speed up to get right next to me, I slowed-he slowed, I speed up-he speed up... I attempted twice to get behind him and once in front of him. When I finally slowed enough to get behind him there were other cars behind him and to the left of me, one car slowed when I slowed to give me room to get in and when i do, then the flea bag Slams on his brakes causing me to rear end him. The Judge and Prosecutor saw the footage and agreed on my side. Cause of how close he was when you finally see his car on the video they said they can see where he "Could" have been attempting to prevent me from getting over, Not definitive, but they sided with me anyway...he also stopped with nothing ahead of him that may have caused to need to brake especially since the traffic light was green, the prosecutor mentioned the SUV that pulled up to the intersection but the judge said she was obviously stopped and was not going to enter the roadway... I know there will be different opinions on this but here is the video anyway hope it don't turn into a blood bath...LOL
:fire::fire::fire::fire::violin: and they did say I could go ahead and what I want with the video, so here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1jRpu8Vxk8

Dietrich_R1
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I will wager that his insurance company will be forking over some cash!

Let's see... your ticket was dismissed & he was issued a ticket. I'ld say case closed! Insurance companies can't really win an argument after a judge has made the ruling.

Just don't let your insurance company ding you for anything.

Ricky
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 03:23 PM
OK, so my insurance will be taking this case and doing with it what they do. Please keep in mind that the moment I made a Right turn into the Merging lane he speed up to get right next to me, I slowed-he slowed, I speed up-he speed up... I attempted twice to get behind him and once in front of him. When I finally slowed enough to get behind him there were other cars behind him and to the left of me, one car slowed when I slowed to give me room to get in and when i do, then the flea bag Slams on his brakes causing me to rear end him. The Judge and Prosecutor saw the footage and agreed on my side. Cause of how close he was when you finally see his car on the video they said they can see where he "Could" have been attempting to prevent me from getting over, Not definitive, but they sided with me anyway...he also stopped with nothing ahead of him that may have caused to need to brake especially since the traffic light was green, the prosecutor mentioned the SUV that pulled up to the intersection but the judge said she was obviously stopped and was not going to enter the roadway... I know there will be different opinions on this but here is the video anyway hope it don't turn into a blood bath...LOL
:fire::fire::fire::fire::violin: and they did say I could go ahead and what I want with the video, so here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1jRpu8Vxk8

That's crazy. The real question is, did anything happen before that? Like does this dude think you cut him off or something?

I hate it when people pace other people. When I pass someone and they start pacing me, I floor it until I'm about a mile ahead of them, then let off. This is why I can't drive without lots of power, and good brakes.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 04:32 PM
That looks way blatant to me. Glad you had the GoPro! what an asshole.

d3spair
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Lmfao :eyebrows:

Used to work in subrogation, insurance companies will probably settle 50/50.

Dietrich_R1
Wed Apr 13th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Lmfao :eyebrows:

Used to work in subrogation, insurance companies will probably settle 50/50.

If you have full coverage, it is my understanding that the insurance company will have to fight until you are satisfied. Is that correct?

They might settle 50/50, but nothing would go on his "record" if that's what he demanded????? Insurance companies will always try to go the easy/cheaper route, when possible.

modette99
Wed Apr 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM
You could of also took the other party to small claims, but I would let the insurance company handle the matter. My parents once were rear ended by a kid not paying attention, they were turning left and waiting for traffic to pass the other way...kid hits them full speeds totals his sisters car, the 1988 Grand Marquis was fine, had the frame straightened and it drove for a long time afterwards...however the kids mother refused to sign the insurance papers and the insurance on the Grand Marquis through State Farm paid the $500 and then went after her insurance...we never knew why she refused to sign but our insurance claimed she was playing hardball....in the end it did not delay but for a week getting $500 to repair the damage.

The other driver either did that on purpose or wanted to turn right and hit the brakes...however it looks like on purpose to me (otherwise very piss poor driving and they then should not be on the roads).

My wife and I drove separate to diner one night (she came from work). I was ahead of here and got up while heading north on I-25 at Baptist Rd, anyone know that exit knows you only have a Yield to turn right which turns into a lane all the way to the light...so not need to stop and look and what have you. I make it just fine, my wife comes and I watch my rear view and she is int he turn lane, this suburban that crossed the bridge then stays to her side, wife slowed down and move3d behind, then change lanes and got behind me (number 1 lane to go straight up Baptist Rd). Suburban lady pulls along side my wife rolls down the window and starts yelling (later I asked my wife she did not even notice her as it was night)...I rolled my window down and I see the lady look at my vehicle and roll her window up. My wife did everything by the book to merge, and this lady for unknown reasons was PISSED. I will not say what I did...LOL Point being people pick a vehicle and pull shit all the time, I been in that situation a handful of times in my driving history, and also my riding history. It sucks.

Sleev
Wed Apr 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM
wow, what an asshole. I love people who think the road is their own personal NASCAR track

Think
Wed Apr 13th, 2011, 09:02 PM
What a douche.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 08:00 AM
the whole thing happened a lot faster in the video than I imagined from your description.

I still giggle like a school girl when I think of how proud his wife must be of him.

douche