PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami footage

Canuck
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:40 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b-2iByqHVI&sns=em) is one of the scariest videos of the Japanese Tsunami that I've seen. The scary thing is that it gets increasingly worse as the video progresses.

As the Late and Great George Carlin once said, 'Humans are nothing more than a minor surface nuisance. When nature wants to get rid of us, it'll shake us off like we're a bad case of the fleas'.

Mother Nature can be a bitch.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 01:54 PM
holy shit it's amazing how slow it started and just never ends.

Guy had to be wondering when the Arc was going to float by.

longrider
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM
If I had been the one filming I would have been more concerned with would the building I'm in stand up to the water, and if it did would the water come up to where I was? That said, I certainly realize there isn't much you could do about it

UglykidJoe
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:08 PM
wow that is unreal, the power that water has is just unbelievable

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:21 PM
i thought i had seen most of them...this one tops them all.

bornwildnfree
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Wow. Thoughts and prayers *goes to donate*

Keyser Soze
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Just imagine all the crap that washed back out into the ocean with that. Devastation on every level.

Vellos
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
What's really depressing is not the tsunami, not to say that the tsunami is a good thing, it's just natural disasters happen and humans overcome them eventually. What I find disturbing in these YouTube videos is the user comments that frequent them.

The most common horrible theme in the tsunami footage comments is "That's what you get for Pearl Harbor." As if the 2,402 good Americans lost wasn't avenged by the atomic bombing on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that killed over 200,000. And WWII was back in the 1940's lets forgive and forget already.

The second is the whole god argument. Someone says they're "praying for the families" and another responds "Why would praying help if God could have prevented the tsunami to begin with." Really a beside the point philosophical pettiness that doesn't need to be discussed in a flame-war over other people's losses.

Third is the phase America (and lots of the world) has reached right now with 'internet fame'. Everyone is being selfish on the internet, YouTube especially if you've seen some of the crap people share (like Alexandra Wallace). Yes these tsunami videos will get lots of views because it's a devastating current event - that doesn't make it an opportunity for people to try and say something for their own self-promotion.

What I think I've realize based on the earthquake & tsunami in Japan is that natural disasters will not be the end of us. I'm pretty sure the way we're headed socially - we'll kill each-other long before mother nature can.

Rant over...

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Amen Vellos

DFab
Mon Mar 28th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Speaking of crazy religious people and the tsunami, have you seen this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPd-SY6OhLY