PDA

View Full Version : Ride - Friday 4/1

OUTLAWD
Tue Mar 29th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Anybody looking to go for a quick scoot over lunch or early afternoon pre HH?

Probably stay pretty close to home, Rist was a little rocky this afternoon, so I'll probably avoid that.

Sean
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Keep me in the loop, I'm not working on Friday. I kind of want to find out how this 500 lbs SOB handles in the corners.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 08:38 AM
drove stove prairie road in the cage on Saturday. Ridiculous amounts of sand in every single corner.

Poudre Canyon was pretty clear

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Keep me in the loop, I'm not working on Friday. I kind of want to find out how this 500 lbs SOB handles in the corners.

will do buddy

drove stove prairie road in the cage on Saturday. Ridiculous amounts of sand in every single corner.

thanks for the heads up...in light of this maybe I'll work through lunch then split out early to hit up a cleaner route, more centrally located to current interested parties ;)

nate357159
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 07:32 PM

Poudre Canyon was pretty clear

both that road and risk are usually pretty rough till June if not later, good news is it's early in season so most of the plates are CO and even big thompson isn't a horrible ride, enjoy it while you got it.

I might be up for something Friday, I've got a class at three but I might be ... persuaded to skip if I had something more "important" to do. Where did you want to go?

FTCRC51
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 11:31 AM
I should be able to make it Outlawd, what time and where do you want to meet up?

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 12:21 PM
Ive got PT at 1 that I forgot about, so maybe meet 2:30ish at Ted's place...Tink indicates that there is sand on stove prairie...so we can just shoot up 14 a bit farther then back down being that its cleaner.

I am flexible though...I don't have much else going on, so anything works

Nate, there will be rides worth skipping class for, but this prob isn't one of them...haha

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 12:39 PM
14 was clear of snow all the way up to around Poudre Falls. Then it was ridiculous deep. Even so, if the weather is mild, I expect to see pics of sport bikes next to 4' deep snow at Cameron Pass.

I think what Nate was saying, not too long before traffic on 14 makes it hardly worth riding.

Think I shared this pick from Joe Wright Res in another thread
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/Dogs/e532eed98007c3551f61407889012009.gif

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think what Nate was saying, not too long before traffic on 14 makes it hardly worth riding.

that why I love my flexible schedule, and once it warms up, I'm out the door at 6 for "fun" canyon rides...

Sean
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 01:18 PM
I was thinking a little earlier. I have a late afternoon appt down here. I'll have to catch up with you next time, Dave. Ride safe. :up:

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 01:22 PM
I was thinking a little earlier. I have a late afternoon appt down here. I'll have to catch up with you next time, Dave. Ride safe. :up:

I was thinking earlier as well...but forgot about my PT :banghead:

Sean
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 01:25 PM
I was thinking earlier as well...but forgot about my PT :banghead:No worries, we've got lots of more sunny days in the future. :up:

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 08:39 PM
so if anyone plans on showing up, post up or PM...I'll roll through Ted's place anyway I suppose, but if i don't hear from anyone I won't wait long

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
You still thinking afternoon?

I'm waiting on a phone call. Maybe 50/50 chance I could be available.

OUTLAWD
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 10:49 AM
yessir...plan is 2:30 at Ted's place 2-4 peeps so far

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 10:52 AM
I'll be in or out by 1:30.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
I was hopeful but looks like I'll be unable to make it.

Didn't get my phone call so looks like I'm going to have to head down to the gubberment office and wait in line.

Have fun and ride safe!

OUTLAWD
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 08:20 PM
pooooder was clean...rode up to that gas station, then back down...was thinking about Cameron, but it was getting a bit windy

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 08:29 AM
glad the intel proved accurate