PDA

View Full Version : Dirty South Dirty Ride Saturday 717

Bashed
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 06:42 PM
OK dirty peeps. I need a dirt fix. It looked like most of 717 was open when I did a DS loop two weeks ago.
There is probably still some icy spots and perhaps some short snow sections, but I am willing to go anyway.
Depending upon if any northies show to where we meet, we could start/finish in Westcreek or just north of Woodland.
If everybody has a plate we can dip into divide for lunch @ the BBQ place. Meet around 10ish???
Speak up if this might interest you. I'm not in shape yet for the season, so the pace will be limited by how many trees stop/slow me down.
Later,
Bash

Repsol a095
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Is this supermoto friendly, or do you think there is still too much snow?

Bashed
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I doubt there will be alot. Probably just some short ice sections down in the low area's. It will be all dirt, the trails are ATV wide, no real sigletrack. It depends how confident you are running street tires in the dirt. Bueller does great on the sumo tires, till he wants to stop, then just uses me as traction to come to a halt.:eek:

Bueller
Wed Mar 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
So many riding opportunities this weekend but I will be pulling a trailer back from the OK. I am bummed.

Patrick 717 is a lot more loose sandy type riding that will have the front tire on the sumo washing out more than rampart but it is similar riding otherwise.

JohnEffinK
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 07:07 AM
Pig friendly (800GS)?

John

Bashed
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 07:21 AM
Pig friendly (800GS)?

John

I would assume you could do it on a 800GS, but it wont be alot or fun.
Later in the month I will call out for a great DS loop I have found and developed. A mix of two track, county, and FS roads. I have done most of it on my old NX650, a big adventure bike will be right in it's element.

Bashed
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 07:22 AM
So many riding opportunities this weekend but I will be pulling a trailer back from the OK. I am bummed.

Patrick 717 is a lot more loose sandy type riding that will have the front tire on the sumo washing out more than rampart but it is similar riding otherwise.

I'll catch up with you later on in the year Bueller. I need to buy better armour to ride with you, cause I keep wrecking.

JohnEffinK
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 11:28 AM
I would assume you could do it on a 800GS, but it wont be alot or fun.
Later in the month I will call out for a great DS loop I have found and developed. A mix of two track, county, and FS roads. I have done most of it on my old NX650, a big adventure bike will be right in it's element.

If I could or could not do it that would make it the most fun. But I have found I am only good for picking the dirty whore up about a dozen times in one day before unfun sets in....

Catch another time.

John

Bashed
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 11:49 AM
If I could or could not do it that would make it the most fun. But I have found I am only good for picking the dirty whore up about a dozen times in one day before unfun sets in....

Catch another time.

John

John,
No problem, I'll keep you in the loop for the big-boy DS ride.

gsxrscott
Fri Apr 1st, 2011, 08:21 PM
In!!