PDA

View Full Version : Podium Racing Tire Warmers?

675Rider
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 01:03 AM
Anyone have any info on these? I found a set for sale for $150, only used once, single temp, 175F. Thing is I cannot find anything on the web on them which makes me leery of them. So I was hoping some of you badasses had some intel on them. Thanks!

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 07:28 AM
no experience with those, but so far my cheapy ones were doing great, until a buddy plugged in my extension cord on accident while I was on the track and the warmers were sitting on my trailer...

one thing I noticed with the cheaper ones is that the fleece "skirt" that covers the rim is just not there, compared to the pricier ones. This comes into play at HPR where the wind is relentless and the rims lose alot of heat...so I cover mine with blankets ;)

You going to be at the track this season? I'm looking forward to riding with ya again

675Rider
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 07:30 AM
Unfortunately no my friend, Ill be in the land of dirt, Iraq. Next season howerver should be a whole other story as I am turning the 675 into a track bike.

konichd
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 09:10 AM
JPR Performance are just a little more for thier single temp with a 1 year warranty and hard carrying case!

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww125/303cycle/IMG_0693.jpg

675Rider
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Well Ive decided to wait on getting warmers if anyone is interested in them I could point you towards the seller.