PDA

View Full Version : Sun Moto

bodhizafa
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Had a good experience at Sun in Thorton. Went to look at a helmet that they were one of the only shops to carry. They didn't have to sell me on the helmet, already knew a lot about it, I just wanted to try a few on expecting to pick it up online some time when the price went down. So I felt kinda bad when the salesman insisted on hanging around and helping me try them on, but he ended up quoting a price much lower than the sale sticker said and even much lower than everywhere I saw online. I was pretty surprised, actually asked him to double check the price. So I got a nice new noggin shell in the garage now. :bananna:

usmcab35
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 10:47 AM
i go there all the time for most things, they are great and are willing to work out a deal for you.

Ricky
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 11:18 AM
Parts and accessories side is awesome!! They are always helpful, and while their gear prices are sometimes a bit outrageous (at both ends), they often have stellar deals you'll not find anywhere else. I got my first Leather street jacket there for $150! Clearance A* item. Outrageous price.

Now, on the sales side, it's just like any other dealership. I bought my CBR there, but will go somewhere else in the future. I was verbally promised things by the salesman that I didn't think to ask for in writing, and later when I asked about it, I was told it was not true (first 600mile service is completely free with all new bike purchases).

bodhizafa
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 11:43 AM
Walked right pass the bike sales stuff :) no need to get teased.

I had never heard of Sun until last week. They have a pretty good selection. Some dual sport stuff no one else has (firstgear Rainer that I want, but way too much $). I'll be keeping them in mind for the future.

Sean
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
I really liked all of the people I had met when they sponsored the northie bike night. Seemed like good people. I may have to run over there more frequently, being that they are the closest KTM dealers. Then again, KTM's don't need maintinence, do they?

MAZIN
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 02:30 PM
Its been hit or miss for me, but all in all good. I picked up a sick Fox helmit for $100.00 not a scratch on it. Can't beat it when they have deals.

bodhizafa
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 02:43 PM
I really liked all of the people I had met when they sponsored the northie bike night. Seemed like good people. I may have to run over there more frequently, being that they are the closest KTM dealers. Then again, KTM's don't need maintinence, do they?

Maintinence.....nah..... I think Chris's bike has been maintinence free :dunno:

Ricky
Thu Mar 31st, 2011, 04:05 PM
Even if you wanted to take your bike to Sun for service, there's usually quite a long wait. Only time I called and asked, my appointment was 3 weeks out. And I was told that people who purchased their bike from sun, get priority over other people. I was then told, that is with priority, lol.