PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland Trail

Sean
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Thought I would let the Boulder folk know, it's open enough to make it through. Super choppy, huge puddles and lots of good stuff. There is still snow/ice, but it's passable. Dirt bikes are 100% fine, you're gonna have to work hard with bigger bikes. The trails west of p2p are still snow packed.

asp_125
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Super choppy, huge puddles :D :up:

Aracheon
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
:up:

Once I get new DS tires for the Dizzer, count me in for the next one!

Ricky
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Once I get new DS tires for the Dizzer, count me in for the next one!

I'm down to go on the next one too!!! Just did spring maintenance on the WR over the weekend.

Sean
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Looks like this week is kind of crappy, but I'd be up for it next weekend.

I still want to find more places to ride that are clear. I know Left Hand is clear, but it's kind of hard on a 9fiddy. If anyone knows of other trails near Boulder, let me know.

Once I get new DS tires for the Dizzer, count me in for the next one!Get some new shoes, foo. Call Scer.

Ricky
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Itching to ride

asp_125
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Looks like this week is kind of crappy, but I'd be up for it next weekend.

I still want to find more places to ride that are clear. I know Left Hand is clear, but it's kind of hard on a 9fiddy. If anyone knows of other trails near Boulder, let me know.

Get some new shoes, foo. Call Scer.

Caribou ghost town,
Rollins Pass,
James Peak overlook (IIRC Rollinsville to the left fork at Tolland)
Tolland to Blackhawk via Mammoth Gulch

I did those on the beemer-pig

Sean
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Caribou ghost town,
Rollins Pass,
James Peak overlook (IIRC Rollinsville to the left fork at Tolland)
Tolland to Blackhawk via Mammoth Gulch

I did those on the beemer-pigBut are those open, now?

Repsol a095
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Rollins looked pretty snow packed on our ride on Saturday. I don't think that even knobbies would make it too far.

I would love to join too! Let me know when you guys are going to do more of a sumo friendly trail run.

Sean
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Rollins looked pretty snow packed on our ride on Saturday. I don't think that even knobbies would make it too far.

I would love to join too! Let me know when you guys are going to do more of a sumo friendly trail run.Thanks for the update, Patrick. What constitutes a "sumo-friendly" route?

brennahm
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Sumo-Friendly is less than 6" mud or sugar sand :)

Sean
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Sumo-Friendly is less than 6" mud or sugar sand :)Considering my bike is 436 lbs dry, and without knobbies; I think I can agree with those terms. :lol:

bodhizafa
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Sumo-Friendly is less than 6" mud or sugar sand :)

F sand! Me no like!