PDA

View Full Version : Tynan's VW

Canuck
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Simple question.
How I this dealer-stealer-ship overall. Primarily any experiences with their sales department.
I ask because I'm thinking of putting a deposit on the upcoming Golf .:R and don't want to wast my time if they are lying assholes. If they are decent (for a car dealer) then I'm willing to give them a shot.

King Nothing
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 12:22 PM
their parts dept was very helpful when I needed parts for my Dub. Hell, they were even cheaper than McDonald and Katy worked there.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 12:30 PM
We've tried all the service departments in the area for our two VW's and have stuck with Tynan's for the last two years so far. No info on the sales department but as a former salesperson(years ago in another state), I can say if you do your research, you will get a fair deal. FWIW, I think Gephardt's in Boulder is having a below-invoice sale right now.

brennahm
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Emich has treated me right on parts and advice. Will be trying them for service very soon.

Canuck
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I've used Emich to buy my last three Dubs. Sales and Parts are good. Service Department Sucks.

rybo
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Jason,

I had a bad experience with their sales department about 6 years ago while buying a used pickup truck.

The truck had PASSED their "rigorous" safety inspection. Upon leaving the dealership and filling it with gas the first time I discovered a HUGE fuel leak (top of the tank had a big hole in it). I wasn't away from the dealership for more that 15 minutes and I returned saying that a fuel leak (especially one this big) was probably a safety concern. They told me that Colorado Law is esesntially "buyer beware" "as is", which is techincally true, and quoted me hundreds of dollars in repairs above and beyond what I had already paid for the truck. End of the story is that they did not repair the problem, or offer any kind of remedy for the situation. I ended up paying for the repair elsewhere and I will not buy a vehicle from them ever again.

scott

vort3xr6
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Just do your research. Most consumers can get new cars at $1000 back of invoice unfortunately.

derekm
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 07:52 PM
When I was searching for a new(preowned) car at TVW I went over my short (5) list of vehicles I would consider & the salesman attempted to show me A-a nissan suv I hadent listed and was out of my price range by 7,000 and B-a eurovan(neither on my list and I had told him in our initial conversation I would never buy a vw product) but hey the guys were friendly at least, haha

laspariahs
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 08:36 PM
My advice is skip VW dealers of any kind, not because of the dealers, but because of the product.

I have a 2000 Jetta VR6, and I'll never own another VW product for the rest of my life.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Apr 4th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I'm on my 4th VW but I think the new cars have lost their Euro charm.

brennahm
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 07:53 AM
The VW's around 98-04 were especially bad (I have one myself). Not saying the new ones are that much better but I think the OP kinda already made his mind up on that front.

Canuck
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 09:53 AM
The MkIV's (Golf & Jetta's) were prone to Electrical issues. The MkV's and Higher are vastly improved.
I will agree on the loss of VW's loss of Euro niche in some of it's vehicles. The new-dumbed down, North Americanized-Jetta is a prime example. They still have a good amount of product that still has that Je ne sais quoi, or Euro niche right out of the box. The Golf's, Polo's, Touareg's, CC's, etc.
I've had a Touareg 2 and 2) MkV Golfs and loved all of them.

Ghettodsm
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
lol you couldn't give me a new vw, i used to be a diehard fan of the mk1 all the way to the mk3 vw's but all the new crap is no good. If you have to buy a new vw i would stick with emich but sounds like you have bad experience with them. Maybe try and find an auto broker ?

Ghettodsm
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 10:00 AM
The MkIV's (Golf & Jetta's) were prone to Electrical issues. The MkV's and Higher are vastly improved.
I will agree on the loss of VW's loss of Euro niche in some of it's vehicles. The new-dumbed down, North Americanized-Jetta is a prime example. They still have a good amount of product that still has that Je ne sais quoi, or Euro niche right out of the box. The Golf's, Polo's, Touareg's, CC's, etc.
I've had a Touareg 2 and 2) MkV Golfs and loved all of them.

mkv gti is IMHO not vastly improved. sure the window clips don't break off and blow out your window (happened to me and several others). Actually caused a co-worker of mine (used to work for osborn as a tech) to have a crash when his mkIV jetta rt ft window blew apart, causing him to slam on the brakes. At any rate the 2.0t fsi motor is junk, bypass valves leak, fsi injection pump wearing on the faulty cam gear, crap for electronics, oil consumption issues, evap leaks, dsg failures, leaks from the motor, etc. I could go on but i don't have that kind of time. I love the look of the mkv and alot of vag products but that is where my love ends. O/P good luck with whatever purchase you decide. The golf r on paper does sound quite fun though! Wish the new focus rs would come out here.

Bueller
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Buy American

derekm
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
my wifes bug is great, but its a 98 w 99k. the jetta we bought was a money pit. I wouldn't wish vw on my worst enemy... well actually I would

derekm
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Buy American
fomoco4life:yes:

laspariahs
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 08:42 PM
fomoco4life:yes:

For sure:yes::yes::up::up::up:

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Apr 5th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I like the new Alfa 4C. Wish It was for sale in the USA...