PDA

View Full Version : Electrical connectors

Penadam
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:24 AM
A while ago I brought an electrosport industries stator for my CBR. The wires were not soldered to the connectors and pulled put during install/removal recently. As the connectors were crimped, they can't be reused. Anyone know of a local place that would sell new connectors? I just need the 3 female connectors that would work with the male blades that Honda used circa 2003. I think I can order them from electrosport, but I really don't want to wait/support them for selling crappy products.

EDIT:
http://www.electrosport.com/street-bikes/honda/cbr600f4i-01-04/stator-honda-cbr600f4i.html
You can see the connector type here, kinda.

OUTLAWD
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
could you cut the plug off the factory stator and splice the wires?

salsashark
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Take them down to the local auto parts store and see if they have a similar size in stock? I've never replaced one so I'm not familiar with them and if they are a unique connection...

Or solder the wire back on and heat shrink it?

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I usually keep the Rick's replacement connectors for the Hondas in stock. What year RR?

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:47 AM
If they are crimped, I have a set of picks to open the crimp up and redo it. Just did it last night to re-attach the ground clamp to my electrical pen. If Ken Caryl & C470 is on your way to TFOG, you are welcome to stop by.

Penadam
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Dave- Want to sell the old stator, did a preemptive replacement on it as it was getting older.
Salsa- Might work, not quite a standard spade connector that you normally see though. Hoping to avoid jury rigging it.
Jim- I'll be in this afternoon.

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Dave- Want to sell the old stator, did a preemptive replacement on it as it was getting older.
Salsa- Might work, not quite a standard spade connector that you normally see though. Hoping to avoid jury rigging it.
Jim- I'll be in this afternoon.

I just checked... out of stock until Friday... :banghead:

usmcab35
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM

JIM, congrats on your recent FAIL!!!! lol :lol:

Penadam
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 01:05 PM

:(

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
JIM, congrats on your recent FAIL!!!! lol :lol:

See what happens when I let the trained monkeys reorder parts....

usmcab35
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 04:22 PM
See what happens when I let the trained monkeys reorder parts....

well when i get my new tires soon, i hope the monkey doesnt order them...

Penadam
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Emailed electrosports, told them the wiring fell apart, and they're sending me new connectors, fo free! Really changed my opinion of them.