PDA

View Full Version : Best Price on Diamond Jewelry

G35CO
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I’m looking for recommendation on best price in town for diamond jewelry. Thanks

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM
anywhere but Jared because their commercials make me want to shake a baby.

aerofaze
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM

+1, but damn it, now I have one of their songs stuck in my head! "Just Jared... It can only be Jared..."

Thanks a lot. :D

I’m looking for recommendation on best price in town for diamond jewelry. Thanks

You could try Shane Co. I've never gotten anything from them, but I know 3 others who have. Plus, one store is next door to Fay Myers if you decide to spend the $$ on bike stuffs instead of jewelry. ;) I believe the other is in Westminster.

Ricky
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Jewelry Exchange

usmcab35
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:33 PM
ive been buying from kay jewlers for 10+years, great prices and their warranty is the best. my wife had a 1 carat diamond fall out of her ring and they replaced it for free..

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:34 PM
HI TOM SHANE HERE FOR THE SHANE COMPANY

birchyboy
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Talk to Jeff Lantz at Trice.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:42 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3LJPfFWsx0I/SxmFduI8MGI/AAAAAAAAAUg/OgcnS_iCm-E/s320/JARED.jpg
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/11/6/d8bb587d-041f-466b-91cd-591728a9d223.jpg

McVaaahhh
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Bought my wife's diamonds at Shane. No problems, great customer service and seemingly reasonable prices (for jewelry that is).

Steer clear of Jared's, it always feels like a crappy used car lot when I'm in there. :down:

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Steer clear of Jared's,

Unless you're into that kind of thing. Keep in mind it's illegal in 50 states

http://www.texaslonghorn.com/tour/longhorn/p_3643.jpg

G35CO
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 01:52 PM
So don't go to Jared? But they got free cookies :)

Tylar
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Dunno about the rest, but the wife's gear has come from Ben Bridge. Their selection was what I wanted which got me in the door. But the post-sales service has been what keeps me coming back.

vort3xr6
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I get all my wife's shit from Jareds. Good service, prices are meh.

NOW YOU HAVE A FRIEND IN THE DIAMOND BUSINESS. THE SHANE COMPANY, OFF I-25 AND ARAPAHOE ROAD OR IN WESTMINSTER OFF HIGHWAY 36th AND 104TH. OPEN WEEKDAYS TIL 8, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY TIL 5, ONLINE AT SHANECO.COM.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:36 PM
...and now, some worthless info...

I've never understood the diamond craze. It's an artificially overpriced commodity. ...but, they are sparkly!!

They're not even rare, yet people pay out the ass for them! Ya gotta love the dynamics of a civilized, modern society!!

De Beers is a genius! Here's a quote from "Facts About Diamonds" - "To maintain the high prices of diamonds, De Beers creates an artificial scarcity: they stockpile mined diamonds and sell them in small amounts."

Perhaps De Beers chairman Nicky Oppenheimer said it best: "diamonds are intrinsically worthless, except for the deep psychological need they fill."

Reminds me of religion! ...but, they are sparkly!!

birchyboy
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:41 PM

I've never understood the diamond craze. It's an artificially overpriced commodity. ...but, they are sparkly!!

They're not even rare, yet people pay out the ass for them! Ya gotta love the dynamics of a civilized, modern society!!

De Beers is a genius! Here's a quote from "Facts About Diamonds" - "To maintain the high prices of diamonds, De Beers creates an artificial scarcity: they stockpile mined diamonds and sell them in small amounts."

Perhaps De Beers chairman Nicky Oppenheimer said it best: "diamonds are intrinsically worthless, except for the deep psychological need they fill."

Ever see blood diamond? Great movie about this topic.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Ever see blood diamond? Great movie about this topic.I figured it was too harsh an example on why I hate diamonds, so I quoted some facts, instead. "Blood Diamond" sums it up!!

Diamonds and Walmart - not in my house!!

laspariahs
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:53 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel, I was trying to bite my tongue though...

G35CO
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I figured it was too harsh an example on why I hate diamonds, so I quoted some facts, instead. "Blood Diamond" sums it up!!

Diamonds and Walmart - not in my house!!
So what store you recommend? Walmart?
Just kidding

aerofaze
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Costco!!

Seriously, they do sell diamond jewelry. You can get a $1.6M ring for $1M (http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11628794&whse=BC&Ne=5000000+4000000&eCat=BC|108|28447&N=4010130%205000016&Mo=141&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C), a fab deal. ;)

UGH.

modette99
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I have a cousin that paid like $30K for a diamond engagement ring, girl excepts it, then a month or two later gives it back. He took it to the store he bought it from, its when he learned diamonds are worthless and their is a huge markup on them. $30K ring, even insured value was that...guy says sorry I can not give you anything for it. My cousin says he is willing to take $10K, guy says sorry its worthless to us, my cousin is like what do you mean, there is such a high markup it would be insulting to tell you the guy says.

Yep, I have a place in Detroit...its a undisclosed building, the guys that make the Jewelry for Jared and other stores are on the 5th floor of this building. Its lined with Arab Jewelry makers. Same ring at a fancy story was $18K, I paid this guy to go look at the ring and copy it and it cost me $3K. I was told of the place by some guy at a trade show...without a referral you would never know this place existed...for good reason, it probably be robbed...they had guards, security cameras everywhere...but you could just walk in.

Large flawless Diamonds are rare, but the kinds you can typically get are peanuts, but people think they are rare and valuable. If they were rare, you buy them like Gold to protect your money in hard times...try selling a diamond ring if the shit hits the fan, you won't even get a bag of Ramen Noodles.

modette99
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Costco!!

Seriously, they do sell diamond jewelry. You can get a $1.6M ring for $1M (http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11628794&whse=BC&Ne=5000000+4000000&eCat=BC|108|28447&N=4010130%205000016&Mo=141&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C), a fab deal. ;)

UGH.

I heard Costco actually has some great prices as far as Diamonds Jewelry goes....be worth checking out.

aerofaze
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I heard Costco actually has some great prices as far as Diamonds Jewelry goes....be worth checking out.

I agree, Costco should be considered.

(Just for clarification, my earlier "UGH" was reserved for the diamond industry in general.)

Ricky
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 04:03 PM
motorcycle > diamond

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 04:03 PM
...try selling a diamond ring if the shit hits the fan, you won't even get a bag of Ramen Noodles.

:spit:

:lol:

Dietrich_R1
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Pawn Shops... Cuz you know it's gonna get pawned in the anyway, so why not start there!

Captain Obvious
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I shopped around to get a baseline on size carot price and then went to the diamond district in NYC. Got to pick the diamond and setting. I saved 50% on the insured value (and cost from Jared / Shane retailers). Trip didn't cost too much and I my wife really likes the story about me sneaking off to NYC to make her ring for her, picking the diamond out of literally hundreds, etc,etc.

Finklestein87
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Jared. Go to Jared. He went to Jared. She went to Jared. They went to Jared. Why go to Jared? Everyone goes to Jared.

modette99
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I was not impressed with Jared. The sales girls had attitudes to my questions.

Captain Obvious
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I was not impressed with Jared. The sales girls had attitudes to my questions.

Likewise. A just buy it cause pulled it out attitude.

jbnwc
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 10:35 AM

+1

kellie
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Come see me. I'm up in Evergreen, so take the bike and come up Morrison canyon. :) I'll give you the special CSC member hookup.

www.danieldiamonds.com

Aracheon
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Come see me. I'm up in Evergreen, so take the bike and come up Morrison canyon. :) I'll give you the special CSC member hookup.

www.danieldiamonds.com (http://www.danieldiamonds.com)

+1 :up:

G35CO
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Sounds good, what's your name?

Tylar
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
gonna go out on a limb and guess it's Kellie. Just a guess.

Aracheon
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM

:lol:

kellie
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM
How'd you figure it out?! Stalker!

:p

Yep, it's Kellie. I'm here most days, but any of us can help you. It's a family business, so just tell either one of my parents that you know me through motorcycle stuff.

~Barn~
Sat Apr 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM

If there really is a deal for CSC'ers who are serious on doin' some business, I'll come pay you a visit. What I'm looking for in particular is a three-stone Princess cut ring, set in platinum. Anywhere in the neighborhood from 1 to 3c total weight, K or better color, and "eye clean".

I'm shopping around now, just basically googling, so let me know if you have anything that sounds like a fit. Thanks Kellie. :up:

kellie
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM
If there really is a deal for CSC'ers who are serious on doin' some business, I'll come pay you a visit. What I'm looking for in particular is a three-stone Princess cut ring, set in platinum. Anywhere in the neighborhood from 1 to 3c total weight, K or better color, and "eye clean".

I'm shopping around now, just basically googling, so let me know if you have anything that sounds like a fit. Thanks Kellie. :up:
We can definitely get you what you're looking for, but diamonds are more my mom's area of expertise. Would you like me to have her give you a call tomorrow? She usually gets in around 12:00 or 1:00 on Mondays.

~Barn~
Mon Apr 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM
We can definitely get you what you're looking for, but diamonds are more my mom's area of expertise. Would you like me to have her give you a call tomorrow? She usually gets in around 12:00 or 1:00 on Mondays.

Hey Kellie, thanks. I'll PM you here in the next day or two, when I can dedicate some time to actually going up there.

I was actually looking at your website (which I guess I should have done first), and there were a few examples shown, of kinda what I'm looking for. Do you know if the items that are pictured on the site, are pieces that are actually in stock in the store, or just examples?

Either way, I'll be happy to talk with her, here soon. =)

kellie
Mon Apr 11th, 2011, 08:47 AM
The items pictured on the website are mostly just examples of custom rings we've made. We have a huge inventory and it's constantly changing, so we can't possibly update the site to reflect what we have in stock. We don't stock a lot of platinum mountings, so usually we'll end up ordering what you want, or custom making it. Definitely talk to my mom about it though...she's a lot better at this than I am.

I told my mom what you're looking for and she says she has a ton of princess cut stones for you to look at. I would call before you come up and set up a time with her though, so she can make sure to be there. She's always in and out of the store.

See you soon!