PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many IT recruiters F'en idiots?

stitch
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:01 PM
And.........GO

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Are they? Terri certainly isn't. ;)

Ricky
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
A lot just don't know enough about the field they're searching in.

DevilsTonic
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
The ones I've dealt with in the past have been great.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I have dealt with them for 20 years. I have only met 1 or 2 who were dolts. The rest have been pretty good.

salsashark
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Maybe because people expect IT Recruiters to work miracles...

Just because you used Frontpage/Dreamweaver in college/high school doesn't mean you're a web developer now.

Spiderman
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Just because you used Frontpage/Dreamweaver in college/high school doesn't mean you're a web developer now.

I never used Frontpage or Dreamweaver... does that mean I AM a web developer now? ;)

salsashark
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM
^^ Why not... I'm no recruiter :p

64BonnieLass
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Thank you Frank. That was thoughtful. :yes:

Stitch, just like every other industry or job title you can think of, there are good and there are not so good.

I can't really answer your question however, as you didn't indicate your particular gripe.

Hopefully, whatever your experience has been, you won't generalize on all recruiters. There are those of us who truely try to make an effort and help change other's lives in a positive way - at least to the best of our ability.

Conversely, there are job seekers who need to help us help them. Plenty of retards on the other side of the fence. Just sayin'.

If there is something I can help explain, I surely will help out.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Thank you Frank. That was thoughtful. :yes:

Stitch, just like every other industry or job title you can think of, there are good and there are not so good.

I can't really answer your question however, as you didn't indicate your particular gripe.

Hopefully, whatever your experience has been, you won't generalize on all recruiters. There are those of us who truely try to make an effort and help change other's lives in a positive way - at least to the best of our ability.

Conversely, there are job seekers who need to help us help them. Plenty of retards on the other side of the fence. Just sayin'.

If there is something I can help explain, I surely will help out.
I got yer back darlin'! :)

stitch
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 03:12 PM
The barriers to entry for the IT recruiting industry are so low to be almost nonexistent. While there may be some small percentage of IT recruiters who are capable in some way, my experience has been poor at best. I've had to deal with them on both sides of the fence. As both a job seeker and a hiring manager. I have been in IT since the early 90s with steady progression up the food chain to even holding a Chief Technology officer position. So I know how the hiring process works. I studied advance engineering in collage and have a few software patents to my credit so I am not an idiot by "most standards".

I left the IT industry 2 years ago for a startup in a different industry. That didn't work out so now I am getting back in. Seems nothing has changed. It almost seems like it has gotten worse since the economy tanked.

Some of the highlights of my experiences with IT recruiters are as follows;

One was looking for a PM with agile experience. My resume is covered with Scrum, XP and RUP (yes I know there is some debate about RUP being an Agile method). The recruiter I spoke with was only looking for the term "Agile" on my resume and could not understand that Scrum for example is a "Agile" methodology for software development. She actually wanted me to change my resume to "Agile" everywhere it said Scrum, XP and RUP.

Another wanted me to come meet with her before I went to an interview to make sure my "Tie was straight". She was 45 minutes in the other direction on the same highway making my commute to let her "Adjust my tie" an hour and a half. This was supposed to be a quick interview during my one hour lunch from work. Would not "Let" me go to the interview until she had approved of my appearance. Would not leave her office to meet me half way because she had a busy schedule.

Another sent me a document on how to act and dress during the interview (Things like don't chew gum, wear a suit, don't pick my nose) and a list of questions to ask during the interview (None of which had anything to do with the job, wanted me to ask the hiring manager about his hobbies and get a list of contacts at the company or leads).

Another met me for a lunch interview at a sushi place, drank too much sake, clearly drunk tried to drive away, and hit a car leaving the parking lot. Yes I tried to stop her and was on the phone with 911 when she crashed. Nothing short of assault was going to keep her from getting in the car because "she had another lunch meeting", when I physically tried to take the keys from her she pulled a stun gun on me. Got to go testify at her DUI trial. That was fun. She spent a ton on a lawyer who did squat for her.

Another had me take some computerized tests to ensure I had the skills for the job. I was expecting C or PHP programming tests. Nope, got a rudimentary math and English test, then a strange multiple choice test on American customs at work (things like how to greet your boss, how to answer the phone, how to shake hands).

Another offered to take me to lunch, racked up a huge bill and "forgot his wallet". Promised to pay me back that afternoon then never returned my phone calls. Never did get my money back.

Another had me come in four times to interview with their staff in one week, each time telling me I was meeting with someone with hiring authority. The company was over an hour away (2 hours round trip). Come to find out they have a process of interviewing candidates at least 3 times by three different people before they will submit resumes to a potential hiring company. Didn't validate the parking ($5 an hour). Wanted to ensure commitment to the job. Each time I was told we need you to meet with one more person before we make the final decision. Turns out the job description was bogus. They weren't in business long.

Another company wanted me to sign a contract giving them exclusivity in finding me a job for 6 months. If I tried to find a job on my own during those six months I would owe them 6 months of my salary should I be hired "ANYWHERE". And no they were not going to pay me while I was "on the bench" for up to 6 months.

A couple have sent me to the wrong job interview.

How about the 100s of emails I get every week from someone in India (I assume India because of the Indian names) who wants me to start tomorrow on a 6 months contract 1000 miles away (Fl, NY, Seattle, etc) for 25 an hour on a entry level Database admin or programmer project.

Another was a recently divorced woman who latched on to me "Because I was a nice guy". Started to call me every day and we went on a few "dates". She was actually pretty cute until I found out the kids she was claiming were "Her sisters who was in drug rehab" were actually hers and she didn't want anyone to know that she had kids. She had them call her "Aunt". That's got to mess with a kids head....When I confronted her she had a "nervous breakdown" at work and had to be rushed to the hospital.

And the piece de resistance! I had a recruiter once try to submit my own resume to me as a potential candidate. I was leaving a company and agreed to hire and train my replacement. I was a manager at the company and had hire and fire responsibilities. The company had a policy of using outside recruiting (HR department was useless but well paid). I had been looking to leave for about 6 months and had my resume out there. This total numb nut calls me up and says I have the perfect person for you. Proceeds to tell me all about me (I didn't know it at the time as I had not seen the resume). It sounded great because the description was exactly what we were looking for. I had basically just described myself for the job description. I told numb nuts to send me the resume and lets set up a interview. I got a voice mail from him on my cell about half an hour later telling me what a great position he found for me and to call him right away. I was in a meeting and had not looked at the resume yet. Putting two and two together, I quickly took a moment to review the resume and found that he had doctored up "MY" resume to their format removing any identifying information and sent it over to me (no wonder this guy sounded so great, IT WAS ME!). Had a blast fucking with this guy when I had him and his boss come meet with me.

I could go on and on....

WolFeYeZ
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I read your post Stitch and burst into laughter in the middle of my finance class. Got many shitty glares from students and the professor :scatter:

I hate you for being so funny. :D

Ricky
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Man, if I ever had a recruiter try to teach me life lessons, I'd go ballistic.

However, now I know a great way to get some free lunch! :lol:

stitch
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I read your post Stitch and burst into laughter in the middle of my finance class. Got many shitty glares from students and the professor :scatter:

I hate you for being so funny. :D

Oh how I wish I was being funny......:cussing:

Spiderman
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM
^^ Why not... I'm no recruiter :p

Funny thing (at least I think it's funny) is... I AM a web developer. I've just never used Frontpage or Dreamweaver... well, I used Frontpage once or twice (back when it first came out), but only to ascertain that it sucked. :lol:

gtn
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Have you considered the possibility you are contaminated with anti-bogons? This could explain why you are attracting others with obviously high bogon flux, and why some of them experienced self annihilation.

stitch
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Have you considered the possibility you are contaminated with anti-bogons? This could explain why you are attracting others with obviously high bogon flux, and why some of them experienced self annihilation.

I did get tested for my anti-bogon levels. The results were normal unfortunately. But my awesomite levels were exceptionally high. That might explain why some experienced higher incidents of nullification in proximity. My awesomite levels were so over powering that it affected their internal balance leading to increased events of bogoness. But I got the doctor to give me a prescript for E.G.O. It makes my skin shine a bit but leaves me with high levels of photonic material which is good. I think I get three times the level of photonic per the same level of positronium. This should cancel out potential bogons at a more distant rate allowing me to avoid these incidents at an increased efficiency. We seem to have a high rate of bogon here in Denver. I suspect it is due to the altitude and lower air pressure. Could also be our closer proximity to the Sun. All three can effect one's ability to properly format coherent thought. But clearly from your post you had some experience with that. Your bogon levels are probably pretty high. You might want to see someone about that.

TurboGizzmo
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Have recruiters always been around? (aside from military)

When I was in my business course it was all about marketing yourself and selling yourself and pounding the pavement and job hunting....never anything about a recruiter or picking the right recruiter.

stitch
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Have recruiters always been around?

They have been around for as long as I have been in IT (1989). My experience is most HR departments are so lazy they have allowed recruiters to become the front line for resume submittals. In my experience "Most" IT type companies outsource their resume collection process. If you don't know someone already in the organization usually you have to work through a recruiter to get submitted for a position. The claim is that outsourcing is cheaper than doing it in house. Even when hiring consultants. Consultants makes some sense, since they are listed as an expense rather than overhead for tax purposes. But employees are a completely different matter. And reviewing resumes to hire for employees is a whole nother ball of wax.

Speaking of HR, I was involved in a discussion once during a Sr. Staff meeting where the head of HR was trying to show how outsourcing resume collection was cheaper. I ran the numbers for her and blew holes in her "Theory" and showed it actually cost us two or three times as much or more for us to outsource than use our internal HR staff to review resumes. She claimed her staff was overwhelmed with reviewing resumes. Then while we were sitting there I went online to our web trends to see how often the HR staff looked at the company website resume submittal system (We had static IPs and I could see what everyone was doing based on an IP report. They were rarely (in some cases never) going online to look at submittals to jobs posted. Lots of not-business related web surfing though. In many cases they were not even posting jobs online on our website. It ended very messy for her. She tried to make my life a living hell after that.

rforsythe
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Best. job. thread. ever.

And yeah, I've dealt with the shitty recruiters over the years (none quite that bad) and the ones who just scan for keywords without having any clue what they are filling. But have also worked with some great ones. I think some of it has to do with one's specialties however, since many recruiters don't have any grasp on what I do, so companies gravitate towards the ones that do (the type of companies I'd choose to work for, anyway).

stitch
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Today's moron....
Called about a job for a PM that must have Linux experience. Apache is all over my resume (as well as Linux specifically). When I pointed this out to her she asked me to add it to each job I had listed. Many of these jobs had Unix listed. When I tried to explain to her the similarities of Unix and Linux it fell on deaf (or dumb) ears. So I had to go in and add Linux next to everywhere it said Unix. And people wonder why I tried to get out of IT.

Captain Obvious
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Stitch, I thought of you and this thread yesterday. Wednesday got a call from a headhunter, Thur had a intro interview with the headhunter to discuss the position and my background. It was clear she was reading, reviewing a script on the responses from me, knowledgeable due to recruiting, not form working in the field. She set me up with a secondary interview with a guy on Friday from her org. He and I spoke and it was clear he had a background in IT based on our conversation about the hiring company and his responses/discussion to my responses.

All that to say, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Can't expect them to have a user level knowledge in all things IT related. But that they had me speak to someone internally to actually evaluate my experience and provide a true review of my skills matching the job needs was a very good step in the process, I wish more would do that vs just trying to submit as many candidates as possible and see if any actually get hired.

fasterlaster
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Putting two and two together, I quickly took a moment to review the resume and found that he had doctored up "MY" resume to their format removing any identifying information and sent it over to me (no wonder this guy sounded so great, IT WAS ME!).

You should have just worked that to your advantage. Hire the new (you) then just stay on without leaving. Get double the salary ;)

stitch
Fri May 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I just spoke with a recruiter who wanted to wait till Monday to schedule an interview in the off chance he would not be here come tomorrow. He did not want to schedule something in case he was out due to the rapture. Said he would call me back on Monday to schedule. I shit you not. At first I thought this was a joke but no this was a real conversation. The guy was very serious and promised to pray for my soul as I hung up crying from laughing so hard. How do I keep finding these idiots.

LivingPools
Fri May 20th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I just spoke with a recruiter who wanted to wait till Monday to schedule an interview in the off chance he would not be here come tomorrow. He did not want to schedule something in case he was out due to the rapture. Said he would call me back on Monday to schedule. I shit you not. At first I thought this was a joke but no this was a real conversation. The guy was very serious and promised to pray for my soul as I hung up crying from laughing so hard. How do I keep finding these idiots.

I have to go with the anti-bogon theory somebody else mentioned.

Really enjoyed reading your posts. I'm checking out the IT job market myself, and you've helped me set the low bar on expectations :)

TFOGGuys
Fri May 20th, 2011, 05:59 PM

No worries: Only those free of sin will be swept up in the Rapture...he's an IT recruiter, therefore cannot possibly meet the requirements.

stitch
Fri May 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
No worries: Only those free of sin will be swept up in the Rapture...he's an IT recruiter, therefore cannot possibly meet the requirements.

:pointlaugh::pointlaugh::pointlaugh::pointlaugh:

64BonnieLass
Fri May 20th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Stitch:
I'm really torn here. I have thought about your post on this topic extensively, given it's what I have done for the past 12 years.

I can't tell if you are bullshitting for attention. If you are a smart guy who actually has shitty luck, or if you are a fucking idiot.

I just can't tell.

I need to put together a word.doc and cut and paste cause this forum won't let me without timing me out.

Jesus, are you serious? This pisses me off huge. More to come.

64BonnieLass
Fri May 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Ha! Better yet, call me, I'll PM you my number and figure it out very quickly. If nothing else, at least I can educate you on our world, and why assholes are assholes. Best deal I can offer.

If there is an honest IT recruiter in this world...it's me. Bring it!!

PM incoming!

64BonnieLass
Fri May 20th, 2011, 08:06 PM
BTW, as an afterthought:

I am more than happy to answer any questions from anyone.

I can't tell you how may people I have helped with resumes, or interviewing, or just common mistakes.

I'm not perfect, nor do I pretend to hold the answer for everyone in all the various industries, but I'm here for help.

I have been a member of CSC for many years. I'm a common person who rides. But if I can help, I sure will! And I think most people who know me here would say I do help as a matter of practice.

I just can't fix it all, ya know. Some of it relies on the job seeker too.

If you want my help, fine! But expect changes and honesty, because as great as you think your shit is, it probably isn't! I do it every day. :)

stitch
Fri May 20th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Stitch:
I'm really torn here. I have thought about your post on this topic extensively, given it's what I have done for the past 12 years.

I can't tell if you are bullshitting for attention. If you are a smart guy who actually has shitty luck, or if you are a fucking idiot.

I just can't tell.

I need to put together a word.doc and cut and paste cause this forum won't let me without timing me out.

Jesus, are you serious? This pisses me off huge. More to come.

Terri,
We've spoken. See the PM I just sent you. Not a troll. Probably just bad luck as you said. Or maybe ninety some odd percent of IT recruiters are "Fucking idiots". Present company excluded of course.

64BonnieLass
Fri May 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
So here is what I don't think most people get about recruiters:

We are hired by X company to find a contractor to meet Y need.
We are also hired by (sometimes shit) corporations who want our skll set.
As a recruiter of 11 years, I refuse to work for certain "shops" who push their recruiters for crap. "it's called throwing shit against a wall"
The other thing that most people need to know is that there are "shops" who make their recruiters have a cerain amount of submittals and statistics to even stay in their job. Therefore, recruiters in those shops will do anything, I mean "anything" to make their "nut", so that they can have a job. It's pathetic. And that is how they are paid. So lots of shops will just throw shit against a wall to see "what sticks".

It's unfair. Go ahead and thank indian corps who love to fuck around with both candidates and the companies they "pretend" to represent.

And I won't do it.

stitch
Fri May 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I get that. If you read back in the thread you'll see I have held management positions and hired recruiters regularly. Most of the them are shit for the reasons stated. There are a few who are competent but far far FAR few of them.

The problem is often as you point out that you are hired to find someone with "Y" skills. So you would think, a hired recruiter would take the time to do a little research on that skill and appropriate terminology to go with it before just picking up the phone to speak with someone who is knowledgeable about "Y" skill. Or better yet take the time to actually review a resume before calling someone to discuss it.

Not picking on you Terri. Only referring to others over the past that I have had the extreme pleasure of adding as chapters to my future book entitled "What happens when morons breed" or "Making the case for retroactive abortion".

stitch
Fri May 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Terri,
Don't try to defend this industry. Not because you are a bad person. I am sure you are not, but becuase there are so many idiots in it. You will have to defend the very people you just pointed out were idiots. You are all lumped together. It's a loosing battle and not worth your time to defend. Best bet is to do the best job you can and so the small group of people you help will be loyal to you and come back again and again becuase you were different.

There are idiots in all industies and walks of life. This one in my experiance just seems to have a higher percentage than others. We have them on the IT side too.

64BonnieLass
Fri May 20th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Stitch,
We as recruiters aren't a perfect breed of cat.
We have 25 req's from 10 companies who all want "the perfect candiate". We are slammed!

However, the BS you know (not from me hopefully) is a result of our industry.

I should close this by saying: I'm sorry I can't get you a job. If I can, I will.

Its all I can do. I am one person,

TFOGGuys
Fri May 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Terri would be the exception to the generalization, a competent and conscientious recruiter, and a real sweetheart as well... :)

stitch
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Terri,
Again I am not picking on you specifically just your chosen field of work. But I do want to point out that I responded to your PM and offer to help over two hours ago. In my response I reminded you of our conversations and offer to help a year ago. In your email you said "Wow, your resume looks fantastic. You have some great skills under your belt." You offered to help review my resume, we talked by phone once and you said you were going to look into a few things (my resume being one of them). I never heard back from you and you never returned my phone calls after our single phone conversation. So again no response to my recent PM. (Said in my best David Spade voice), SO I'm kind of seeing a pattern.

Hopefully you can see where this would be a negative experience for me. I know you are slammed and not expecting you to drop everything. But if you are going to offer to help try to follow through with it. Otherwise you just come across as someone trying to protect your public image. Saying one thing publicly and doing something different is the kind of thing I am referring too.

I'm not expecting you to get me a job, this thread is merely me venting about what I see in the industry and trying to make a little humor of it.

64BonnieLass
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Sorry for the late reply Stitch. I read your PM and then the kids rolled in for a weekend of chaos so I couldn't respond.

I think you are right though. Too many bad eggs and I shouldn't defend myself or my industry. I know you weren't trying to pick on me.

I have tried to re-evaluate my chosen profession more than once. It's brought me to tears at times. Then from time to time, I actually get to make a difference to somebody and their family, it feels good for about 30 seconds, and I get sucked back in.

Also sorry I didn't do a better job for you. ADHD at it's finest, and it's no excuse. Sorry Jack.

stitch
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Sorry for the late reply Stitch. I read your PM and then the kids rolled in for a weekend of chaos so I couldn't respond.

I think you are right though. Too many bad eggs and I shouldn't defend myself or my industry. I know you weren't trying to pick on me.

I have tried to re-evaluate my chosen profession more than once. It's brought me to tears at times. Then from time to time, I actually get to make a difference to somebody and their family, it feels good for about 30 seconds, and I get sucked back in.

Also sorry I didn't do a better job for you. ADHD at it's finest, and it's no excuse. Sorry Jack.

This is why you (specifically) have the reputation you have. You try to go the extra mile. When you don't you try to make amends. That's worth a lot in my book. Hopefully we both will find some relief at some point.

ian22
Sun May 29th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Great reading on this thread....I agree that, generally speaking, IT recruiters suck. One of the worst I experienced called me at lunch time during the middle of the week...from India. His east Indian accent was so strong that I had no idea what he was saying, I can't imagine he was very good at his job. I recently spoke with a recruiter from San Diego, a job I'd have been perfect for except some of my qualifications have expired. Anyway, I asked him how much it was paying and it was woefully inadequate pay for Southern California...I told him that and he agreed, replying they had a hard time filling this position because of the stringent requirements and low pay the organization was offering.
In general IT recruiters are notorious for mis-informing potential employees...basically saying whatever they need to say to get said candidate working asap. I can see that there is a distinct lack of trust between IT professionals and recruiters. It sucks but it is a product of companies/organizations trying to save a buck. It truly is hard to find good help these days...that statement is more true than ever today.

stitch
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 06:50 PM
The Zombie uprising has already come and it is IT recruiters. Got a call from another idiot today. Looking for someone to lead a LAMP project. Thought I would be a great fit but didn't see "LAMP" anywhere on my resume. I pointed out Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP all over my resume. Couldn't seem to grasp the concept of what "LAMP" stood for. So why the fuck did he call me?

Last week I had another encounter with the undead. Got a call about a position in the springs for a windows server admin. Something I have some experience with but not a lot. I could do the job in a pinch if I was a last resort as I have a lot of server management experience but no "official" training (some certs from 100 years ago). But I wouldn't hire me for the position. I am not even close to being competitive. I told the guy so. But he kept pushing saying I was a perfect fit. I need a job so I told the guy "Look send my resume over to the client and see what they think" Phone goes quiet for a second and he tells me "We don't submit to clients until we meet you in person." Then he actually asks me if I can be there in the next hour to interview? Like we have nothing better to do than drop everything to go running an hour away to interview for a position we know we are not a fit for. Didn't want to waste the gas and told him so.

And the coup de grāce, I was interviewing for a awesome position as a project director. I am 5 interviews into the process. I was supposed to hear about next steps last Tuesday. I sent an email to the recruiter asking for an update on Wed. I get back a message saying the position is on hold for a month. Over the weekend I run into a buddy who was also being considered for the position. We actually originally met in the recruiters waiting room a little over a month ago and had a lot in common. The recruiter had double booked us accidently (another peeve of mine) and I drew the short straw having to wait. Like I have nothing better to do than wait for 45 minutes (I timed it) and read People Magazine, this after the half hour in the waiting room "To be sure I am on time". Then spend another hour while the recruiter tells me how great his company is but learn very little about the hiring company or the position because the official job description still hasn't been written yet. So anyway my buddy tells me he got the job and knew for a week. What the heck is the recruiter thinking telling me it's on hold? Why not just say "We chose someone else".

I wish I was making up this stuff for attention, sadly I am not. Not looking for a response other than fellow firing squad members when the revolution comes.

Ghost
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM
It's not just IT, it's HR and their sub-contracted Kelly Service drones who have no idea WTF they're doing or how to hire real talent.

Case in point: I get through 4 pre-screening interviews, get the in-person with company X. The interview takes 90 minutes, everything goes great, and I go home being told someone will follow up within the week. Nearly one month passes and I get an email stating that they made a mistake and the position was for internal hires only...So, how the **** did I get that far along and no one "noticed" I wasn't a current employee?

In short, I'll join your squad as long as we're equal-opportunity and not just limited to IT

stitch
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 08:02 PM
You're IN! I've got a score to settle in a few other industries as well.

Ghost
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 08:04 PM
You're IN! I've got a score to settle in a few other industries as well.

Sweet.

stitch
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Have not posted to this thread in a while. Been working too much. :w00t:

Today I am sitting in a meeting and my blackberry starts going off notifying me of an email. I look down at it and my inbox is full of the same message over and over again. As I quickly try to mute my phone I realize some dipshit has spammed the hell out of my email. After the meeting is over I go back to my desk, log in to gmail and see over 2000 repeated messages with an attached word doc somewhere around 1 meg in size (love Gmail) and still more coming in. Yep you heard right, inside of roughly 1/2 an hour I got over 2 gigs worth of spam. Hey I work in IT, I understand sometimes things go wrong. No big deal, guy probably doesn't know there is a problem.

I contact the recruiter to see if he can do something about it. So he gets all snippy with me over the phone saying it isn't his problem my mail box is full of his spam. No apology, no "Sorry about that, I'll look into it right away". Just a "fuck you, it's not my problem". His actual words. I hung up on him.

So about an hour later I get a call back from the guy. He checked in with his "IT" department and they said it isn't their problem. Thankfully the emails had stopped already so I didn't push the issue (probably google flagged his server as a spammer and now he is hopefully on every blacklist out there).

Then the dipshit asked me what I thought of the job description........:wtf:

dm_gsxr
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
My problem is with all the offers for 6 month positions in New Jersey for $20 an hour part time.

Did you even look at my resume???

Add in the "position is for $55 an hour" changed to "it's $45 and hour, is that ok?" and changed to "it's actually $25 an hour, is that ok?"

Bait and switch. :(

Carl