PDA

View Full Version : how much yall think a scratch-n-dent '00 R1 is worth?

Hibs
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Long story short, I'm moving from Maryland to Colorado here in about two weeks. I have a storage unit in Maryland that I am currently keeping my motorcycle in, and I also share it with an old co-worker of mine. He mentioned to me the other day that he might not have a place to store his bike once I move, so offered his bike to me if I wanted to buy it. It's a 2000 R1, blue/white. He dropped it once while riding about 5mph pulling out of a parking lot. Scratched up the clutch cover a bit, and the fairings. Nothing huge, no major cracks or anything, looks good still from 5feet away. I know the cover could easily be sanded down/repainted or just replaced with an ebay piece. I know he had it state inspected last year, had a new chain, new brakes and a few other things done. Anyone have an idea what the market is for these? Blue book says $3k average and $2400 low retail. That seem about right?

Wrider
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Private party, with a minor scratch and dent on it, I'd say 23-2500 would be a fair price.

Hibs
Thu Apr 7th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Private party, with a minor scratch and dent on it, I'd say 23-2500 would be a fair price.

Ya kind of what I was thinking.

jbnwc
Fri Apr 8th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Yep, that seems right. I wouldn't feel bad about buying a '00 scratched up R1 for $2500.