PDA

View Full Version : Need some help!!!

lunasgixxer
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 07:20 PM
so i changed my rear brake pads and i cant get my cylinders to clamp on the disc, i'm stumped, help me out thank you!!

salsashark
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 07:27 PM
more details please...

can you get the cylinders remounted and they are not functioning? Or can you not get them back on the bike?

brennahm
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Did you try pumping the rear brake?

tecknojoe
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Did you try pumping the rear brake?

+1 they'll be loose until you pump it several times. put my front wheel on today and forgot about that for a sec, was thinking "aw fuck what'd I do" :lol:

lunasgixxer
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM
i got everything back together like i took it off, i pump the brake the cylinders pushed out but not all the way to the rotor. i pumped it like 50 times

Repsol a095
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I don't mean to be mean, but do you have both pads in there?

If so, did you loosen any brake lines? If you did, it sounds like you need to bleed the brakes.

lunasgixxer
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
yea there both in there lol im not that dumb i work on cars same concept right

Repsol a095
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM
It's the exact same concept. At this point, you could have a couple problems. This first could be easy; it could just be that you need to bleed the brakes. If you have worked on cars, it is the same concept as well. You can bleed it right at the caliper, and I would bleed it at the master. If the master does not have a bleed nipple, I just loosen the bolt that ties the brake line into the master and bleed it there.

The other problem might be that the pistons may need to be removed and cleaned. You have dirt that has built up in there, or you may have a bad seal in there. You are going to have to pull it apart to see. Many times, they just need to be cleaned.

brennahm
Sun Apr 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Somethings not straight...