PDA

View Full Version : Want a Corbin but they're too expensive?

ImolaFem
Wed May 4th, 2005, 12:22 PM
So my bike came with a Corbin seat when I bought it, but the seat's contours didn't really fit the bike and made it a little uncomfortable. So I sold it and put back on the stock seat, which is the most )(#$*)@#(*$ uncomfortable "plank of wood" any bike manufacturer makes.

I got the number of an uphostry guy -- company name AquaTech (719.590.7011) in the Springs, and then ordered my own gel pad. It is 3/4" thick. Its at the bottom of this webpage: http://www.waynesvillecycle.com/motorcycle_gel_pads.htm

Even after paying someone else to pull off the seat cover, carve out the foam to put the gel pad in there, and put everything back together, grand total was under $100. I finally got to test it out on my 70 mile ride to work this morning. MUCH more comfortable than the stock seat.

So there are other options out there....

Mother Goose
Wed May 4th, 2005, 12:28 PM
i HATED the seat on my F4i, especially commuting because you just sit in one spot. On canyon rides you don't notice it, but sitting in traffic! dear lord!

bulldog
Fri May 6th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Wow, thanks man :up: I currently have an F4I and hate the stock seat, but couldn't afford a Corbin. I'm going to order that gel insert and get it put in :D :D :D

P.S. Thanks to Hoopty to pointing me to this thread. :bananna:

ImolaFem
Fri May 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Cool =) In fact, there's not even 3/4" of foam to take out of the seat... so it looks ever so slightly bulgy up close cuz the pad is a little higher than the rest of the foam in the seat. I guess an option would be thicker material to recover it to pull it tighter... or I dunno.

VA2CO
Sat May 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Had a Corbin on my GSX-750R, thought it sucked. Not worth the money unless you are 75 years old. Totally f-ed up my mobility on the bike. Really hard to shift weight to inside of bike in corners because of the shape.

Oh well. Diff'rent strokes/Diff'rent folks.