PDA

View Full Version : Go Racing with the MRA for only $100 - SUPERSTREET!

MRA
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM
http://mra-racing.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/superstreet8-300x195.jpg

GO HERE TO FOR SUPERSTREET INFO:

http://mra-racing.org/motorcycle-super-street-racing-in-colorado/

**If you do not have a username and password set up yet top log into our online race management system, please email VP Aaron Fisk at afisk42@gmail.com

For the few of us with the ultimate need for speed, nothing can replace the exhilaration and challenge track racing can provide. Motorcycle roadracing is one of those rare sports that can humble the "fastest street rider" in no time. The racetrack is the ultimate arbitrator of who is truly the fastest motorcyclist by rewarding a rider’s own skills and abilities without the annoying distractions and dangers public roads present.

The MRA designed the SuperStreet class for motorcycle enthusiasts who are not licensed roadracers, but who’d like to experience motorcycle roadracing on a real racetrack without the substantial investment in bike preparation and transportation equipment that club level racing typically requires.

Different from a track day, you will participate in an actual race against the other riders in your class where you will use race strategies & passing tactics in competing for single goal of getting to the finish line first.

So, you want to try motorcycle roadracing on a real racetrack? Here’s how to do it.

Overview
The Superstreet class is held on Saturdays in conjunction with MRA race events. It includes a classroom session to discuss racetrack procedures, motorcycle preparation, and race craft tactics specific for motorcycle roadracing.

After the classroom, you’ll go through a quick tech inspection, then you’ll be paired up with a race instructor who will guide you through some basic on-track racing drills and make tailored suggestions to help you go faster. The on-track sessions will be interleaved with MRA races so you’ll be able to take a breather, make bike adjustments, chat with the instructors, or watch the MRA’s Saturday sprint and endurance races.

The grand finale of the day will be the SuperStreet sprint race where you’ll be assigned a grid spot, given the green light, and compete in a full length multi-lap race against the SuperStreet field in a no-limits contest to the finish line.

2014 SuperStreet Race Schedule
1. May 10th, 2014 @ High Plains Raceway (http://highplainsraceway.com/)
2. June 21st, 2014 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park (http://pueblomotorsportspark.com/)
3. July 19th, 2014 @ Pikes Peak International Raceway (http://www.ppir.com/)
4. August 9th, 2014 @ High Plains Raceway (http://highplainsraceway.com/) (North Course)
5. August 23rd, 2013 @ High Plains Raceway (http://highplainsraceway.com/)
6. September 13th, 2014 @ Pikes Peak International Raceway (http://www.ppir.com/)

SuperStreet Raceday Schedule
11:00am – Arrive at the track, perform any pit / equipment setup as you need. You should have all of your equipment ready to go through tech & get on the track prior to the start of the registration/classroom session at noon.
Noon – Classroom registration and instruction begins. Don’t be late!
1:00pm – Classroom session ends, begin SuperStreet tech inspection
1:30pm – pair up with instructors, start the on-track drills and instruction sessions
The rest of the day will alternate with on-track and off track instruction sessions finalizing with the SuperStreet sprint race.

Cost
$100 for SuperStreet event day, including classroom, on-track instruction, and final sprint race.

Registration
You should register on-line at http://mra-racing.org/race-preregistration/ l (http://www.mra-racing.org/memberportal) to make sure you are reserved a spot for the event you choose.

Motorcycle rules & preparation
For SuperStreet, your current bike should be in good working order. Roadracing puts MUCH more stress on your motorcycle compared to "canyon carving" - and you should make sure your bike is good shape with good tires, properly adjusted steering head bearings, etc. For the SuperStreet event, you are not required to "safety wire" any parts, but are required to tape up your lights and mirrors. All controls and wearing parts should be in superb working order.

It is very important that you DO NOT have glycol based coolant in your cooling system. If your bike boils over or spills glycol on the track, it is impossible to clean up so you will ruin everyone's day. See the rule & prep detail next for what is allowed.

Rule and Prep Details
a) There are no displacement, modifications or engine configuration limits for SuperStreet racing.
b) Coolant: only water, Red Line Water Wetter, Royal Purple Ice (NOT Engine Ice or Evans coolant), or Silkolene Pro CCA coolant additives are allowed in liquid cooled motorcycles. Glycol based substances are prohibited.
c) Neat and clean. Motorcycles that are dirty or show potentially dangerous bodywork damage will not be approved.
d) Tires must be in good condition and may not be re-caps. Valve caps must be installed. Tread must be at least 50%.
e) All motorcycles must have operational front and rear brakes, with at least 50% pad or lining thickness.
f) All motorcycles must have an operational handlebar-mounted kill switch or button.
g) All motorcycles must have a self-closing throttle.
h) All lights and blinkers must be taped or removed. Brake and taillights must be disconnected. Side mirrors must be removed.
i) Side stands can remain on bike but must have good working return spring.
j) Silicone brake fluid is not allowed (DOT 5 Brake Fluid).
k) An MRA provided decal will be displayed on both sides of the bike at least axle line high or higher.
l) All machines will be left to VP of Rules and Tech final approval.
n) Full protective leather gear. This includes a high quality Snell rated helmet, leather jacket, pants, and high quality gloves and boots. Roadracing is a serious sport so you should always make safety your first concern. Details on required rider equipment is available in the MRA on-line rulebook in section 5.1 Rider Equipment (http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011MRARulebook.pdf).
o) All riders must conform to and have an understanding of race procedures detailed in Sections 8, 9, 10 and 11 (http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011MRARulebook.pdf) of the rulebook.
p) The rider bears the responsibility of presenting a motorcycle in conformance with all requirements.
q) All motorcycles and rider equipment must pass MRA technical inspection before participating in any practice session, race or school.
r) The burden of complying with the rules regarding class suitability and technical requirements rests with the entrant. It is his/her responsibility to seek approval of the VP or Rules & Tech of any areas in question.
s) The VP of Rules & Tech or any MRA official reserves the right to inspect any race motorcycle or rider apparel or equipment at any time during race day for compliance to MRA technical standards and may revoke the Technical Inspection Approval Sticker of any motorcycle at any time during the race day.
t) Any motorcycle or rider involved in a crash must be re-inspected by a MRA tech inspector. Damage that in any way endangers rider safety must be repaired prior to starting or continuing any further practice or competition.
Quick SuperStreet raceday checklist

Bike:
• Mirrors and lights taped up
• Enough fuel for the event
• Correct tire pressures – bring tire air pressure gauge

Rider:
• Helmet
• Leathers(1pc. or 2pc. that zip all the way around)
• Back protector
• Leather Gloves
• Boots
• Pens/Paper to make notes if you want
• Friend to help you on the track day if you want

Further info
The MRA Forums http://forums.mra-racing.org/forum.php for New Racer info are great places to start looking for details or ask specific questions.
The MRA rulebook http://www.mra-racing.org/wp-content/uploads/2013MRARuleBook.pdf has all the nitty-gritty about racing rules & procedures.
The expert racers of the MRA are generally willing to answer questions, and people such as the MRA New Rider Director Jeff Brown are always willing to help. Feel free to contact Jeff with specific questions regarding the SuperStreet class.
Jeff Brown, #277
MRA New Rider Director
303-210-0425
jeff@12voltracing.com (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/jeff@12voltracing.com)

jbnwc
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 02:39 PM
You WANT to do this!! Trackdays are fun, but this is so much better. The prep is minimal and if you don't have the gear, you can borrow stuff to make it happen. You have no excuses not to try this!

rybo
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM
You WANT to do this!! Trackdays are fun, but this is so much better. The prep is minimal and if you don't have the gear, you can borrow stuff to make it happen. You have no excuses not to try this!

Jason,

It's even better than that!

Ayden Lee Designs has sent us a full size run of suits.

Want to try racing, but don't have a full suit? Not to worry. Ayden Lee Designs has provided the MRA with a size run of suits so we're likely to have one to fit you. Suits will be available at every event along with a limited supply of gloves and back protectors.

The MRA collects a small cleaning fee ($20) for care and feeding of the suits when they aren't in use.

If you're in the market for a new suit please check out Ayden Lee Designs, official sponsor of the MRA SuperStreet Class!

http://www.alr-moto.com/categories/Leather-Suits/2010-Race-Suits/

Snowman
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Damn, So you can squid to the track, race, then squid back for a $20.00 fee...
Those are nice suits too...

jbnwc
Tue Apr 12th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Damn, So you can squid to the track, race, then squid back for a $20.00 fee...
Those are nice suits too...

You don't even have to pack lunch!

VryfastRR
Sun Jul 8th, 2012, 04:45 PM
How do I register if I have a certificate?

madvlad
Sun Jul 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Just fillout the app for the race and tell them you have a certificate

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Turn the certificate in with the application when you register on Saturday morning.

Snowman
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Oh, and bring a friend...

VryfastRR
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Cool, so just register the day of. I have a few friends in the MRA so thats no issue. Anyone have some take offs I can buy? pm me.

edit: 180 rear

Snowman
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Check here...
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=14961&highlight=

t_jolt
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hey guys i have a SS certificate that i cannot use. Anyone want to take this thing off my hands for a little bit of dough?

Tyrel

tecknojoe
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Just signed up for next weekend WOOOOO!

rybo
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Just signed up for next weekend WOOOOO!

WOOT!

ChangBang
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 10:42 PM
So I'm looking to do this and above, they say 8.25.2012 is at PPIR but on the mra-racing site they say 8.25.2012 is at HPR?

Which one is right? I don't think I'll have my bike track ready by next weekend...

rybo
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 10:58 PM
We are at HPR in July and August and PPIR in September -

Please excuse the typo above - I'll work on getting that resolved.

-Scott

Mother Goose
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 08:30 AM
We are at HPR in July and August and PPIR in September -

Please excuse the typo above - I'll work on getting that resolved.

-Scott
Fixed. :up:

preludepearl417
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Sounds like fun. Never raced bikes on the track. Always cars. Gonna buy a race suit and give it a try. Never been to PPIR. Hopefully its a clean and smooth track....

Bueller
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Never been to PPIR. Hopefully its a clean and smooth track....

:lol:

preludepearl417
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
:lol:

Is that a good laugh or that evil "Muhahaha" laugh?

Bueller
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I do not like PPIR very much but if we race there I go.

madvlad
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
HPR is where is at!

asp_125
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Great race, Wolfeyes lowsided on lap 1, but came back on the restart to finish 4th!

grim
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Great race, Wolfeyes lowsided on lap 1, but came back on the restart to finish 4th!

Cold tires?

madvlad
Sat Sep 15th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Glad it wasn't major dood, way to bounce back!

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Cold tires?
He went on the inside for the guy in 2nd, looks like he just lost the front.

madvlad
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Saw the video last night and that's all it looked like. Nothing major

sloridr
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Saw the video last night and that's all it looked like. Nothing major

Some one post said video.

grim
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 10:11 AM

+1

madvlad
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I'm sure he will soon enough

WolFeYeZ
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 10:24 AM

I will when I have time to upload it. Kinda reached the limit of my street tires and lost the front but there are possibly some deeper reasons. I did rush the entrance of the corner a bit from the block pass so I had plenty of lean angle. Could be all that patchwork in that corner too. Or Dragging knee, foot and peg. Or my body position was a bit off, I wasn't specifically working on it that day because I don't know PPIR all that well. Can't say for sure on the last one even, my instructor Shannon said it was good during practice. Yet again, wasn't specifically paying attention to that one.

End result was some scratches on top of others that I already had on the bike and a broken turn signal. And a small hole from a broken seam in my leathers. I didn't feel a thing even... and still don't!

jbnwc
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM
End result was some scratches on top of others that I already had on the bike and a broken turn signal. And a small hole from a broken seam in my leathers. I didn't feel a thing even... and still don't!

Good to hear you weren't hurt! Also, nice job regaining your composure after a crash to finish 4th! Time to race-prep that R6!

tecknojoe
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I will when I have time to upload it. Kinda reached the limit of my street tires and lost the front but there are possibly some deeper reasons. I did rush the entrance of the corner a bit from the block pass so I had plenty of lean angle. Could be all that patchwork in that corner too. Or Dragging knee, foot and peg. Or my body position was a bit off, I wasn't specifically working on it that day because I don't know PPIR all that well. Can't say for sure on the last one even, my instructor Shannon said it was good during practice. Yet again, wasn't specifically paying attention to that one.

Glad you're ok. Did you hit your helmet?

Definitely post up the vid so others can have a look and maybe come up with an answer. Maybe you were still on the brakes and overloaded the front tire

WolFeYeZ
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Time to race-prep that R6!

Lol nope, no new damage to warrant that :P Going for a pre-made race bike.

Glad you're ok. Did you hit your helmet?

Definitely post up the vid so others can have a look and maybe come up with an answer. Maybe you were still on the brakes and overloaded the front tire

Nope, helmet didn't touch or else they would not have let me back out for the restart. I don't trail brake currently (bike's brakes are either on HARD or off) so that definitely wasn't it. Ill have it up someday, lol.

sprtbkbabe
Mon Sep 17th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Wow! Didn't know you were out there. Congrats on finishing!

Good to hear you weren't hurt! Also, nice job regaining your composure after a crash to finish 4th!

Many racers watching from the tower were most impressed with this feat. You shook it off and re-gridded! Nice going :applause:

MRA
Wed May 1st, 2013, 10:30 PM
Plenty of spots still open in the May 11th Super Street Class! Register now!

Grant H.
Wed May 1st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Going to sign up for at least one round of super street this year. Just not the first one.

madvlad
Thu May 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Sucks I work or else I'd be so in :(, just like Grant I plan on at least one this year.

jbnwc
Thu May 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
I'm registered for round one! Who wants to come practice on Monday?

Skitz
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 02:21 PM
When will the 2014 schedule be up?

longrider
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 03:25 PM
It already is:

2014 Race Schedule

4/18 Classroom at Fay Myers
4/19 School/Lapping at HPR
5/9 Exclusive MRA Lapping Day at HPR
5/10 - 5/11 Round 1 HPR Full Course
5/31 - 6/1 Round 2 HPR Full Course/4-Hour Endurance
6/21 - 6/22 Round 3 Pueblo
7/19 - 7/20 Round 4 PPIR
8/9 - 8/10 Round 5 HPR - North Course
8/23 - 8/24 Round 6 HPR - Full Course
9/13 - 9/14 Round 7 PPIR

http://mra-racing.org/motorcycle-racing-news/

madvlad
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Will be doing round 1,3 and 4. Race bike is almost ready :devious:

One-ops
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Just might have to come do one of these.

One-ops
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Will be doing round 1,3 and 4. Race bike is almost ready :devious:

When ya gonna be ready for some Track Days!!!???

madvlad
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 08:35 PM
When ya gonna be ready for some Track Days!!!???

just waiting on the sub frame that arrives Tuesday and she's about ready. Installed the clip ons, clutch cable, levers, master cylinder today. Gotta get some fresh brake fluid and voila. They're a ton of fun bro, once you do that you'll never see street the same.

Snowman
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Bridgestone Tires and Mad Moto continue Support Program for 2014 for Super Street Riders (http://forums.mra-racing.org/showthread.php?12074-Bridgestone-Tires-and-Mad-Moto-Continue-Support-Program-in-2014)

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jan 27th, 2014, 08:26 AM
First post updated with 2014 Schedule and links.

nate357159
Wed Feb 12th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I've never been out on HPR, I'd like to do this but should I put in a lap day there first?

One-ops
Wed Feb 12th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I would. Less to learn if you know the track a bit.

madvlad
Wed Feb 12th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I've never been out on HPR, I'd like to do this but should I put in a lap day there first?
When I did my first Super Street at HPR I had never set foot on that track and did it with a bike that wasn't even set up for me, placed 6th and started 12th. You'll be fine lol

UglyDogRacing
Wed Feb 12th, 2014, 02:50 PM

You don't need experience at HPR, or any other track, to benefit from taking our Super Street class. You will be riding with instructors during your track session that will show you the proper lines around the track.

Richie-Rich
Wed May 7th, 2014, 07:42 PM
1st race is Saturday right? Ill be there, can't wait!

madvlad
Wed May 7th, 2014, 07:55 PM
1st race is Saturday right? Ill be there, can't wait!

I'll be spectating bro, see you guys out there

rush4theyeho
Fri May 9th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I really wanted to attend the class this weekend - but something was already tagged on the calendar! I got the coupon from Performance after picking up some leathers there. Next time :(

madvlad
Fri May 9th, 2014, 11:23 AM
You don't need to attend the class to participate in Super Street

Bueller
Fri May 9th, 2014, 04:57 PM
You don't need to attend the class to participate in Super Street

Uh, yea you do need to do the class part to do the race, it is all part of the program.

madvlad
Fri May 9th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Oh he meant the classroom part, thought he meant the actual race school

rush4theyeho
Sat May 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Just to clarify - it's a two-part class isn't it? Classroom then track yeah?

Had a buddy get through the classroom part back in April and his bike had electrical issues, so he missed the riding portion.

MRA
Tue Jul 8th, 2014, 02:30 PM
MRA SuperStreet class will be run at Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway on Saturday, July 19th! See the first post for more info.

Spiderman
Wed Aug 19th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Anyone else planning on running SuperStreet at the next MRA race (8/29/15)? Madvlad and I are both planning on participating!

If not, come out and watch, check it out, and cheer us on! 8)

Redline
Wed Aug 19th, 2015, 04:14 PM
I am doing Superstreet the 29th as well. On my blue and white 600rr

Slo
Wed Aug 19th, 2015, 06:04 PM
good luck to you guys and be safe!!

madvlad
Wed Aug 19th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the voucher mang! :up:

Spiderman
Thu Aug 20th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the voucher mang! :up: