PDA

View Full Version : Ride, Sun. Apr 17, 11am @ MOCO

Ninja2
Wed Apr 13th, 2011, 11:20 PM
PunyJuney, Aerofaze and myself want to invite you to a Girls Rule Ride. Boys are welcome, but have to wear something pink - anything counts.

We want to meet this Sunday, Apr 17 at 11am @ MoCo, and it would be great to meet some more female riders. It does not matter what your speed. Come out and have some fun.

Route tbd, but likely P2P.

aerofaze
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 09:19 AM
The PINK rule for the males could include something small, such as a sticker or a breast cancer awareness ribbon or pin (though we'd rather see you flaming by in a pink scarf :lol:).

Ninja2 and myself will be heading up from Colorado Springs. A C/S meetup time & location will be determined if people are interested.

50sGrl
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Sunday is showing cloudy and a 40% chance of rain on P2P. Any chance of doing this on Saturday?

aerofaze
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM
PunyJuney is unable to make Saturday. :(

It's supposed to be 68 here in Colorado Springs on Sunday, albeit possibly windy, so if the ride needs to shift away from P2P, then that's what we'll have to do.

Ninja2
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Ann has a point; even further south (ie Wetmore) is supposed to be rainy.
I'll keep an eye on this, and possibly move it in to Saturday. If it looks better Fri, I'll leave as is. Will that work?

aerofaze
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Sounds good to me, Rabea. ;)

50sGrl
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 02:23 PM
If this doesn't work out (or even if it does) I'd be up for trying again in early May, with a bit more notice so all the girls know about it.

PunyJuney
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I can't do this Saturday and if Sunday doesn't work we will just get together some other day. With today's snow I would expect a lot of crud on the roads anywhere above 6500 ft.
I like the idea of including boys with pink on the girls ride :slappers:

Ninja2
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 07:23 PM
The PINK rule for the males could include something small, such as a sticker or a breast cancer awareness ribbon or pin (though we'd rather see you flaming by in a pink scarf :lol:).

What's wrong with pink scarves? Check out this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1204392/Why-real-macho-men-proud-wear-pink.html

OK, so let's see who the REAL machos are on this forum :shock:

Sully
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Well, this thread has 190 views and only 8 posts.. I'm sure someone has been eyeballin' it :boobies: :lol:

PunyJuney
Fri Apr 15th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Well, this thread has 190 views and only 8 posts.. I'm sure someone has been eyeballin' it :boobies: :lol:

They can only look, not touch. It must be driving them wild.:boobies:

50sGrl
Fri Apr 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Glad to see the weather forecast has improved for Sunday.

aerofaze
Fri Apr 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Yes, just communicated with Ninja2. Our ride is still on for Sunday!!

As for the men's pink... shouldn't be that hard to find a a pink ribbon to tie around your arm! ;)

Ninja2
Sat Apr 16th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Just a quick note to confirm we're still on.
For the dirty dirties - meet up is 930am at the 7/11 on Rangewood and Austin Bluffs. Not sure where we go from there, but Aerofaze has it all under control.:cool:

bren29
Sat Apr 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I would so love to come, however can't this weekend. Hopefully coming up in May will be able to join you ladies

Ninja2
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I would so love to come, however can't this weekend. Hopefully coming up in May will be able to join you ladies
That's too bad. I am sure we will be riding again or getting together next month. Looking forward to meeting you then.

PunyJuney
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I'm looking forward to all seeing all the boys in pink! I still have not found anything for Gary, my fuzzy socks just were not an option and I don't really own anything pink. Maria was looking for something for Chris last night and Morgan bought a pink bandana!
Way to be good sports guys!

aerofaze
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
The Dirty Southerners made it to Colorado Springs.

Thanks to all who showed up- it was a WAY bigger turnout than we chicks ever expected! And major appreciation to the guys for donning pink. My favorite was definitely Spooph's tutu.

Apologies for the uncertainty this morning; when we realized the weather wasn't looking so good further northwest, somehow I unwittingly got picked to be a decision-maker. :D Next time I'll keep that in mind and have a Plan B tucked away so plans can be communicated more effectively.

A final thank you to our group leaders (Dave, Gary, and Dave) for getting us to Deckers!!

Ninja2
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Thank you to all the boys and girls that came out to play. I was totally surprised by the number of folks. I know it's difficult to travel in such a large group, but I think it was great. I have a lot of respect for the guys that came out in pink! :applause:Some went out of their way. I'm gonna post some pics, and realized, I do not have a pic of the gentleman in the pink robe.... . :(

Thank you Sarah and Sully for taking charge, and to our leaders, Dave, Gary and Dave. I hope everyone made it home safe. Here some pics since I cannot upload to the server: https://picasaweb.google.com/ninjapic/GirlsRuleRide?authkey=Gv1sRgCNOUye6ntdSS9gE#

Mother Goose
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 05:35 PM
They can only look, not touch. It must be driving them wild.:boobies:
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd336/fr_slingsandarrows/thSmiley-wave-done.gif

50sGrl
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Guys in pink, you're all awesome!! Pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150577413920595.651865.801105594

Sully
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks to June, Rabea and Sarah for setting this up :up: Quite a big turn out for the ladies :boobies: Nice to see some of the dirty Southies and the gents in pink! Great ride, minus the wind gusts :bigeyes:

aerofaze
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Aaaaand... Mine. Wasn't very prolific this time.

Nvr2late
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you June, Sarah and Rabea for organizing the ride. Thanks to the guys for showing up in their pink, it was a lot of fun and you were great sports.

PunyJuney
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 06:38 AM
pics!
The dirty dirty arrivals, seems normal until the second shot.
CBRJohnny auditioning for "The Real Housewives" of Bear Creek Canyon. GuitarX busts out the fuschia version of the gun show.

PunyJuney
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 06:46 AM
The pink scarf just makes that white Gixxer even more sexxay. Spooph in his tutu, the crowd of girls for the girls ride...all 6 of us (or as Outlawd renamed it "the leg humper ride) and the last shot is Aerofaze with the cages on Bear Creek. Traffic opened up a lot more after Evergreen, and Deckers through Woodland Park was the cleanest I've seen it this season and last.

aerofaze
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Nice pics, everyone! Thanks for posting up so quick. :D

Here is a message from Matt (Spooph):
Hey, just wanted to throw up a massive thank-you to the everybody for an excellent ride, conversation and such, but I can't post in the Ladies Only forum, could you post on my behalf? It was nice to meet those who I didn't already know, and as always, great to see those who I already knew. Let's do it again soon! Brilliant idea BTW - with the Pink.