PDA

View Full Version : Finding a job advice

675Rider
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 02:05 AM
My wife is trying to find a job related to the medical field. She is currently working on becoming a LPN and eventually RN. She would really like to find something in the realm of that until she gets her LPN. Any advice on where to look and such?

brennahm
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Colorado is pretty hard to get a job without some kind of certification. Without any kind of nursing degree she would at least want a medical assistant certificate. Good luck, and hit up all contacts and smaller family type practices.

Ghettodsm
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 08:53 AM
My wife is trying to find a job related to the medical field. She is currently working on becoming a LPN and eventually RN. She would really like to find something in the realm of that until she gets her LPN. Any advice on where to look and such?

not sure how much help this will be but my mom was a at home nurse. She did not have her RN license but she did have her LPN. I would maybe try that? I know my friends wife is working for a nursing home without a license. Maybe try applying at nursing homes and possibly anyone that requires an at home nurse (that is if your wife doesn't mind working with the elderly?) See ya!

BigE
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure of where to tell you to look but there was a TON of healthcare/nursing jobs a year or so ago on all the job hunting websites.
My wife has her CNA and worked at a nursing home for awhile. Those spots seem to be available quite often.