PDA

View Full Version : Free National Parks Apr 16-24

aerofaze
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 02:04 PM
FYI.

Nature enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the great outdoors next week with free admission to over 300 National Park Service sites, including Rocky Mountain National Park.

National Park Week (http://www.nps.gov/npweek) runs from April 16-24. It's the longest of the no-fee periods announced earlier this year by Interior Secretary Ken Salazar.

Officials at Rocky Mountain National Park say the snow is melting at lower elevations, leaving the lowest trails accessible to hikers. Snow conditions are still good for snowshoers and skiers at higher elevations.

There will also be free admission on the first day of summer, June 21, National Public Lands Day on Sept. 24 and Veterans Day weekend, November 11-13."

From http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17846160

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 04:08 PM
<- colorado noob

Estes park is the same thing as rocky mtn national park right? maybe i'll go check it out

aerofaze
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Estes park is the same thing as rocky mtn national park right? maybe i'll go check it out

Essentially. Estes Park is the town from which you can access the east entrance to RMNP. Keep an eye out for elk and moose!

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 04:11 PM
<- colorado noob

Estes Park is the city at the entrance to the park.

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Ok cool. I've heard cool things. I believe i may go see it

brennahm
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Haven't seen it personally, but I hear the Free Entry days are usually ridiculously crowded...like, not worth it crowded.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 05:56 PM
the free day during the elk rut is gridlock. If a guy can go during the week, during free week, it'd probably be worth trying IMO.

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 14th, 2011, 06:11 PM
ehhhhhhh shiz. thanks for the warning, I go another time