PDA

View Full Version : who wants to do a goat roast?

goshow
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM
lol http://denver.craigslist.org/pet/2330408723.html

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
wow I like the "Michael Vicks basement" line. But really goat is pretty good if cooked right.

CaneZach
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 11:58 AM
wow I like the "Michael Vicks basement" line. But really goat is pretty good if cooked right.

Jerk goat FTW!

http://media1.ct.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/MMvETJiYi7yVCYeiWPqWQA/l

Aracheon
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 02:26 PM
AWESOME!

JohnEffinK
Sun Apr 17th, 2011, 05:12 PM
If the CSC thinks this should be....I can make it happen and do the processing. Just saying.

John

Captain Obvious
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I love goat. Sounds like a BBQ.

vort3xr6
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Jerk goat FTW!

http://media1.ct.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/MMvETJiYi7yVCYeiWPqWQA/l

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!?! My wife is from the Caribbean and we are desperately trying to find Caribbean food!

Rooster
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM
i think i just baby burped in my mouth!

Sir Bacon Lube
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Find a Chupacabra and you will find a goat that will be fully drained of blood.

Depths_of_Mind
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Ok.. 1.. how many time is Bukake gonna chance his name? 2.. Living in Kuwait I could NOT get a goat sammich.. 3.. WHY hasn't CSC jumped on this Goat roast? :)

Finklestein87
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Is Lamb kinda like Goat?

Vitesse304
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Goat is not like lamb...

It has a flavor all it's own, and most people that try it for the first time can't put a finger on what it tastes like...it also depends on how you cook it. There is not gamey taste, or "old" taste like mutton, but the texture is very much like lean beef.

Goat is very lean and can be over cooked very easily.

Did you know that demand for goat meat is actually in very high demand? Goat meat is consumed more than any other meat animal world wide. Obviously not in the US, but demand is rising with most of it being imported. However, in the US, Texas is the #1 producer state. Currently, there is not enough goat meat in the US to satisfy demand.

If you want to do a goat roast, let me know! I raised Boer and Fainting goats up in Silverthorne and had to sell off most of my herd with the move down to Parker, but I still have my Fainting goats and can easily find a young roaster!

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Maybe I'll sell my lawn mower and take these two walking dinners instead...

CaneZach
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:04 AM
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!?! My wife is from the Caribbean and we are desperately trying to find Caribbean food!

I'm Cuban, so I can make the platanos maduros myself (or what would be plantains to everyone else). The rice and beans are simple as well, but I haven't good jerk chicken or goat since I left Miami. There's a large population of Haitians and Jamaicans, so I used to eat a lot of their food.

vort3xr6
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I'm Cuban, so I can make the platanos maduros myself (or what would be plantains to everyone else). The rice and beans are simple as well, but I haven't good jerk chicken or goat since I left Miami. There's a large population of Haitians and Jamaicans, so I used to eat a lot of their food.

My wife cooks a great jerk chicken since she is from the Caribbean, but I really miss having curry goat or escovitch. Not to mention some meat patties. And I can never find Ginger Beer anywhere.

CaneZach
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
My wife cooks a great jerk chicken since she is from the Caribbean, but I really miss having curry goat or escovitch. Not to mention some meat patties. And I can never find Ginger Beer anywhere.

Complete with scotch bonnet peppers?

King Nothing
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM
My wife is a jerk but she can cook pretty well.

Wait, that came out all wrong.

Sir Bacon Lube
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
When I jerk my chicken, I'm told it doesn't taste right. Some people...

vort3xr6
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Complete with scotch bonnet peppers?

Of course. Mango scotch bonnet chutney on the escovitch. The jerk seasoning is made from scratch. Her family is from and still lives in Grenada.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Of course. Mango scotch bonnet chutney on the escovitch. The jerk seasoning is made from scratch. Her family is from and still lives in Grenada.

God damn that dinner was good.