PDA

View Full Version : Still looking. Anything out there?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm still not having any luck. I'm looking at anything from architecture/engineering (CAD) to stocking shelves at King Soopers. Thought I'd hit the 'Job Board' again and see if anything has started to shake loose. Otherwise, the boat, mill and DPMS .308 are hitting the chopping block.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
It seems to be a lot more of who you know instead of your resume and abilities these days. Good luck with the job hunt.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
That's why I'm hitting up everyone that I know!!!!!

Joe
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Know anything about Making/Repairing Tools for Plastic Injection Molding?
Sounds like we're looking for one.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Sounds like we're looking for one.Well... technically I would have to say no, but I would be willing to work for free, for an agreed amount of time, to prove that I can do the job. I'm the kind of person that only has to be shown something once and I'm off and running with it. I'm familiar with the tools and molds as I have worked in shops where I did the drawings for the parts or items being molded. I guess I need more detail on what the repairs entail.

thankgod
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I am sheet metal fabricator, and I've working with PIM before. I have two current jobs, and a TON of references. please give me 18 bucks an hour.:bow:

Sounds like we're looking for one.

Joe
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Dean and TG, send me your resumes...
Just asked the Manager and a Full-Blown Tooling expert is not expected (nor can be found), and I will make sure that you have a person read your resume.

jmcanally at intertechplastics com

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Dean and TG, send me your resumes...
Just asked the Manager and a Full-Blown Tooling expert is not expected (nor can be found), and I will make sure that you have a person read your resume.

jmcanally at intertechplastics com
Need any experienced IM plastic Designers?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I'm still not having any luck. I'm looking at anything from architecture/engineering (CAD) to stocking shelves at King Soopers. Thought I'd hit the 'Job Board' again and see if anything has started to shake loose. Otherwise, the boat, mill and DPMS .308 are hitting the chopping block.
I've actually been seeing a LOT of AutoCAD help wanted. Try Careerbuilder.com and Monster.com, also CADTalent.com. Unfortunately, it's been a LOOOONG time since I used AC (I use Pro/ENGINEER) so I don't even apply to those jobs. Like I said, I've sen a bunch, some contract and out of state, but Ac IS the #1 used software. Best of luck!

Cap'n Crunch
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I've still got an ear out for you Dean... with summer coming, hopefully some more cad jobs will pop up.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I've actually been seeing a LOT of AutoCAD help wanted. Try Careerbuilder.com and Monster.com, also CADTalent.com. Unfortunately, it's been a LOOOONG time since I used AC (I use Pro/ENGINEER) so I don't even apply to those jobs. Like I said, I've sen a bunch, some contract and out of state, but Ac IS the #1 used software. Best of luck!I'm applying!! Just gotta get someone to hit me back. According to some people that I talk to, these listings receive two to three thousand applications.

I met with a recruiter today and he stressed the point that residential and commercial are dead and those people are out of work. I was like, "no shit!! Why do you think I'm here?!?" He gave me some ideas, though...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I'm applying!! Just gotta get someone to hit me back. According to some people that I talk to, these listings receive two to three thousand applications.

I met with a recruiter today and he stressed the point that residential and commercial are dead and those people are out of work. I was like, "no shit!! Why do you think I'm here?!?" He gave me some ideas, though...
A lot of those I've seen are for civil or mechanical AC work. Yeah, it's tough, I've been looking for work here for 2 years now. Best of luck bro!

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
A lot of those I've seen are for civil or mechanical AC work. Yeah, it's tough, I've been looking for work here for 2 years now. Best of luck bro!Two years for me too... Know anyone that is looking to buy a boat?

Revan
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM
hey I'm a shift leader at the rubios on quincey and buckley. I know we are looking for another shift leader. If you're interested stop by and fill an app and ill give ya an interview. That's all I can promise. My name is rich working mornings and afternoons this week. If you're interested come on in

~Barn~
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I love Rubios. :yumyum:

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 12:28 PM

And it's taco tuesady :w00t:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 04:22 PM
And it's taco tuesady :w00t:Same at Brewery Bar! Just got back. Buuuuuuuuuuurp!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 04:27 PM
hey I'm a shift leader at the rubios on quincey and buckley. I know we are looking for another shift leader. If you're interested stop by and fill an app and ill give ya an interview. That's all I can promise. My name is rich working mornings and afternoons this week. If you're interested come on inI'm interested, but I'm an architect. I can certainly handle the job, but I have no restaurant experience to put on the application. Well... other than when I was in high school and worked at 76 Truck Stop and Long John Silver's.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm interested, but I'm an architect. I can certainly handle the job, but I have no restaurant experience to put on the application. Well... other than when I was in high school and worked at 76 Truck Stop and Long John Silver's.
Yarrrrrrrr!

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Holy shit! After looking for work for about two years, I have my first job interview tomorrow.

Now, I wouldn't be me if I didn't point out all the negatives...

It's in Broomfield and about 1/10 of what I used to make. Not to mention, should I get the job, I sure hope I can handle the office horse shit after working for myself for ten years!!

busagirl
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM

:slap:

:lol:

FZRguy
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
How was your interview, Dean?

rybo
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Dean,

It was about that long for me too.

took 2 years and a 50% pay cut.....damn.

Holy shit! After looking for work for about two years, I have my first job interview tomorrow.

Now, I wouldn't be me if I didn't point out all the negatives...

It's in Broomfield and about 1/10 of what I used to make. Not to mention, should I get the job, I sure hope I can handle the office horse shit after working for myself for ten years!!

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
How was your interview, Dean?It went very well!! I knew more than the guy interviewing me. That's probably a bad thing, though. I have no idea how many others they interviewed...

Cat118!
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Let us know if the interview leads to a job!

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Let us know if the interview leads to a job!You'll know, when I'm no longer bitching on the internet!! As I slowly go crazy, I feel the need to post....

Cat118!
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
lol go to Ikea! thats fairly close to ya