PDA

View Full Version : Office Smells

Finklestein87
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Does anyone else have to deal with horrible smells working in an office setting? We have a relatively small office with about 10 employees and it seems every other day there is a horrid smell wafting throughout the place.

Just now, it smells like someone unzippered their colon and soaked it in airfreshener. The whole place stinks... :poo:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 01:53 PM
yeah one of the guys here at the office is doing P90X and has been bringing in some nasty smelling meals...esp fish.

brennahm
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 01:55 PM
We have a lot of laborers that bring in meals from home to microwave. Each by itself isn't too bad...but cook them all at once and watch out.

My personal pet peeve is the women who wear WAY too much perfume. Good god.

JonnyD
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Had one of those, heard the phrase: she smells like cheap perfume and 15 years of shame!

Mother Goose
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 02:03 PM
You smell like a baby prostitute....

DorJammer
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
thats called "Getting Old", so get over your selves, you will be there soon

aerofaze
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Something died in the fridge a few weeks ago and no one claimed responsibility til it became unbearable... It was finally cleaned, disinfected, shut off, and aired for a couple days.

jedejour
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
LOL, this is only funny, cause I work with a guy that you can his breath across the meeting table. Disgusting!!!

Finklestein87
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Something died in the fridge a few weeks ago and no one claimed responsibility til it became unbearable... It was finally cleaned, disinfected, shut off, and aired for a couple days.

That is really irratating :rant:

TFOGGuys
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM
My office often smells of stale gasoline and carb cleaner...especially in the spring.

Aracheon
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 04:26 PM

One of the guilty parties here works in an office by the front door. Everyone who walks in and out is subject to olfactory torture and abuse.

Ricky
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Dude, my boss will come in on occasion and I can smell him when he's outside my office talking to me. A good 8 feet from him to me. Otherwise, I'm lucky to have non-smelly people.

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I occasionally fumigate my own cube with a tactical strike ass bomb, but no other people smells that I can report. Why is this a thread?

D_Sp8s
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
The worst smell I have to deal with at work is dog farts.......

Fernman
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:03 PM
:poo:
I have to put up with swamp ass on the chairs every time I go relive someone for their breaks.

rforsythe
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Oh yeah. Every day. It's been bad enough lately that I have had to leave early because I couldn't stand it. I'm about to detonate an industrial sized Febreeze bomb in that place.

~Barn~
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Thankfully the office I work out of is mostly staffed by our sales teams. They're always dressed well, and have expensive tastes in "product", so nobody that I can think of is daily offender. We have a couple admins that are like surrogate mothers in terms of keeping the kitchen in order, so the fridge and dishes are never a problem. So yeah... I guess I'm pretty fortunate of our collective hygiene and cleanliness habits. :dunno:

bulldog
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Small woman from India smells like bad BO everyday, but nobody is sure if not using deodorant is part of her “religious” practices so we all just deal with it. Some days I have meetings with her and she makes me want to throw up being in a closed space for that long. She eats a lot of really spicy food so maybe that has something to do with it…

asp_125
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I like to bring curry and nuke it in the break room microwave. :D

modette99
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Small woman from India smells like bad BO everyday, but nobody is sure if not using deodorant is part of her “religious” practices so we all just deal with it. Some days I have meetings with her and she makes me want to throw up being in a closed space for that long. She eats a lot of really spicy food so maybe that has something to do with it…

Leave a stick of deodorant on her desk maybe she will get the hint.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I have to remember to give my mouth a blast of freshener more often than most. Damn English teeth!

salsashark
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Leave a stick of deodorant on her desk maybe she will get the hint.

that... or launch a hostile workplace and discrimination lawsuit...

I still have a couple of bags of Bacon Pop microwave popcorn. That stuff has an awful stench! I'm saving it for when I leave this place.