PDA

View Full Version : RANT: This is MESSED UP – Someone in CSC is seemingly unethical.

rybo
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Sorry folks nothing to see here.

While I appreciate the problems the OP had I simply won't stand for innuendo and suggestion around calling someone out.

The OP, the seller, the sellers representative and the actual buyer need to hash this out away from the public BBS.

Have a nice day.

Scott

~Barn~
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Boooo.......
:D

~Barn~
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
You could have least posted a poll about whether we thought you should do that or not!

~Barn~
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I would have voted no.

vort3xr6
Boooo.......
:D

+1!! I love CSC drama! What else am I gonna do on Monday nights!

Rooster
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! i knew this would happen.

Cap'n Crunch
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Good entertainment! :)

longrider
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
OK Scott, go ahead and delete my thread as here is my comment:

I dont know any of the parties involved in this so I dont know how valid anything said is, but I can't believe the number of people who are saying the first person with cash gets the bike! If I make a deal to sell somebody something, that deal stands until he/she does not show up. If that means the second party walks SO BE IT! There are plenty more buyers out there! I cant believe nobody respects a verbal deal anymore, maybe it makes me an old fart but when I say I will do something I do it!

Bueller
Mon Apr 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM
...but I can't believe the number of people who are saying the first person with cash gets the bike!

Sounds kinda like a dealership :lol:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 08:09 AM
what'd i miss? i didn't have this thing set up to DVR while i was away.

salsashark
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 08:12 AM
^^:lol:

Typical CSC drama-ey goodness...

CaneZach
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 08:56 AM
what'd i miss? i didn't have this thing set up to DVR while i was away.

Person A made a deal to buy a bike from Seller A.
Person B shows up and buys the bike out from under Person A

At question is whether person B showed up and claimed to be person A in order to buy the bike, which appeared to be a pretty good deal, or was it all a misunderstanding. Names were called, insults bandied about, fisticuffs ensued, and so on.

Someone cue the CSC We no drama.jpg

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I didn't want to get back into this, but I will briefly.

The seller is either a) a complete fucking moron or b) sold the bike out from under Person A because he got tired of waiting for cashmoney.

After hearing both sides of the story, neither would surprise me.

rybo
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:09 AM

At question is whether person B showed up and claimed to be person A in order to buy the bike, which appeared to be a pretty good deal, or was it all a misunderstanding. Names were called, insults bandied about, fisticuffs ensued, and so on.

You forgot the last step

"Rybo removed the thread"

:)

rybo
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:10 AM

PLEASE DON'T

CaneZach
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:10 AM
You forgot the last step

"Rybo removed the thread"

:)

I also forgot to add: Rybo is watching you!!! :lol:

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:13 AM
PLEASE DON'T

That is all I wanted to say, almighty Ceiling Rybo.

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac267/df853/Ceilingcat.png

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM

Aside from the "no he di'unt!" factor to this, I'm really interested in the outcome as far as I do buy & sell stuff on the board occasionally and, as with any buyer/seller, I'd like to know what kind of purchase history & reputation goes with the individual, ESPECIALLY if I'm buying from them.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:51 AM
thanks for the clif notes everyone

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Aside from the "no he di'unt!" factor to this, I'm really interested in the outcome as far as I do buy & sell stuff on the board occasionally and, as with any buyer/seller, I'd like to know what kind of purchase history & reputation goes with the individual, ESPECIALLY if I'm buying from them.No doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is censorship so strong these days. Do the mods really feel that they need to earn their keep?!? I'm all for people actin' a fool on the internet. Look at the stupid shit I say, sometimes!!

rybo
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
No doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is censorship so strong these days. Do the mods really feel that they need to earn their keep?!? I'm all for people actin' a fool on the internet. Look at the stupid shit I say, sometimes!!

Without question I feel the need to earn my keep around here.

/sarcasm

King Nothing
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:32 AM
No doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is censorship so strong these days. Do the mods really feel that they need to earn their keep?!? I'm all for people actin' a fool on the internet. Look at the stupid shit I say, sometimes!!Amen. The censorship has been heavy handed for the past few years. :poo:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM
That's it!!!! I'm moving to China!!!!

rybo
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM

LOL

brennahm
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
The problem was that no names were mentioned. A bunch of panty waisted innuendo!

Vance
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 11:02 AM
This shit makes my old political and other rants seem boring by comparison...
I need to go buy another case of microwave popcorn and spend more time on the CSC forums I can tell!

Sir Bacon Lube
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
The problem was that no names were mentioned. A bunch of panty waisted innuendo!

it was this guy!!

rybo
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM
This shit makes my old political and other rants seem boring by comparison...
I need to go buy another case of microwave popcorn and spend more time on the CSC forums I can tell!

Those were the "good ol' days"

Rooster
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 06:47 PM

The seller is either a) a complete fucking moron or b) sold the bike out from under Person A because he got tired of waiting for cashmoney.

After hearing both sides of the story, neither would surprise me.

pm me and ill fill you in.

Rooster
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 06:47 PM
where do i get ninja cats? this is bullshit!

Rooster
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 06:56 PM
i do on the other hand have deadly cage fighter danes, there not stealthy though..........not mean either. kinda like fighting a retarded bear with no teeth or claws. lol

Connman
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Typical. The piece of shit who bought the bike is friends with so-and-so and they don't want him to get a bad reputation so they erase the whole thing like it never happened. All the while, the piece of shit gets off the hook without a scratch.
How did this guy voicing his opinion about getting screwed warrant complete removal of the entire thread?
Nice. Nice to see this website support underhanded dealings like this.

BC14
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM
:argue::cry::violin:

derekm
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
this thread doesn't deliver! pdiddy(longrider) owns all... period

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Typical. The piece of shit who bought the bike is friends with so-and-so and they don't want him to get a bad reputation so they erase the whole thing like it never happened. All the while, the piece of shit gets off the hook without a scratch.
How did this guy voicing his opinion about getting screwed warrant complete removal of the entire thread?

Nice to see you making comments when you have no idea what the fuck happened.

FZRguy
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM

You might have better luck finding a job there.

rybo
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM

Yeah, I'm sure you have all of your facts straight and know exactly what happened. If that's the case would you kindly hold a proper mediation session such that this civil dispute is properly resolved?

I'm sorry you don't care for my moderation style. I made a decision based on what I thought was best for the community. It's not the first time I've done it, and it's not the first time that some members here have disliked my decision. That being said, I did it and I'd do it again as I hold the interests of the overall community higher than an individuals opinion of my actions or "protecting" an individual as you claim I've done.

Scott

Vellos
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Since nobody did anything wrong here, who ended up buying the bike? :roll:

Bueller
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Since nobody did anything wrong here, who ended up buying the bike? :roll:

The guy the seller called up an told to come get the bike.

CaneZach
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 06:52 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I like where this thread is going now!

BC14
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 06:55 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I like where this thread is going now!

Sure is cheap entertainment, at the very least... :applause:

MAZIN
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Cage fight?

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 07:52 AM
alot more interesting than 3 pages of my pie is better than your cookie, only to be trumped by cake and bacon action.

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 07:59 AM
You might have better luck finding a job there.

There's all sorts of money to be made. Just steal proprietary technologies from foreign countries and start your own business over there. Like this:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china/american-stationary-giant-brought-to-its-knees-in-china-54204.html

Dirk

Sean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I'm sorry you don't care for my moderation style. Tact :up:

Nice to see you making comments when you have no idea what the fuck happened.No tact :devil1:

:lol:

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 08:44 AM
:spit:

Literally just happened with a glass of milk :(

salsashark
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 08:55 AM
There's all sorts of money to be made. Just steal proprietary technologies from foreign countries and start your own business over there. Like this:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china/american-stationary-giant-brought-to-its-knees-in-china-54204.html

Dirk

Interesting read... I wonder how much this company saved in the long run by outsourcing. I kind of got that Vegas feeling while reading the article. In the end, the house always wins.

will-t
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Considering they lost $100 million when everything went to hell, I'm guessing they probably didn't save much. Especially considering that now they have to compete against their own products in the market. How much of a loss will that create?

So glad American companies are so worried about increasing their profits by every little means that they are willing to completely wreck their future on short sighted schemes.

I mean really:

Joint ventures are one of the ways that foreign firms can do business in China, often understood as the price of market entry. The Chinese side typically provides the land, labor, and local contacts, while the foreigners provide the tools and know-how.

How can that not be a bad idea? China provides everything but the idea, and once they have the idea, the only thing standing in their way of completely hijacking the business is a bunch of legal crap that they get to decide to follow or not.

Idiots.

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Interesting read... I wonder how much this company saved in the long run by outsourcing. I kind of got that Vegas feeling while reading the article. In the end, the house always wins.

Like just about every other financial/economic aspect of our country (personal, corporate, government), the eye has been focused on short-term interests rather than long-term stability. Companies like Fellowes have made themselves way too vulnerable chasing short-term profits. Normally, you would expect the Federal government to be there to protect against outright theft like this, but the politicians in DC are spending $1.7 trillion per year more than they have, so they need credit from the Chinese to keep the trough full. They aren't going to risk losing that over some little $150 million company. We're headed for the wall and they just keep the accelerator pinned to the floor, making all sorts of huffing and puffing about spending cuts of $0.04 trillion. If the outcome weren't going to be so tragic, it would make me laugh hysterically.

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 09:39 AM
How can that not be a bad idea? China provides everything but the idea, and once they have the idea, the only thing standing in their way of completely hijacking the business is a bunch of legal crap that they get to decide to follow or not.

If the politicians in DC had anything remotely resembling a pair, they would impose tariffs on Chinese-made goods to force the Chinese government to keep this sort of thing from happening. But they won't, for the reason given above. This is not going to end well. Only fools and the wilfully ignorant don't see where the Chinese are headed. The US rise to superpower status came about because we were an industrial force. That capability has been slowly, but inexorably declining to the point where we will become vulnerable, and guess who has been building that capability by leaps and bounds? The politicians have sold us down the river by allowing foreign companies to compete unfairly in the US market (e.g. pollution restrictions make manufacturing more expensive here but the Chinese companies don't have to follow the same guidelines). Unless people wake up to what's going on very soon, we're going to experience misery in this country like we have never seen.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
^^ and that is why I think things are absolutely hopeless. These assholes running the country say nothing to make me think otherwise. Their greed, lies and failure to think long term will destroy this country.

Heading for the wall with the accelerator pinned is exactly correct!!!!!!!!!

I pray for that asteroid every day!!!!

salsashark
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
So... ummm.. Who are you praying to Dean? ;)

Anyways, I completely agree. What's worse is that so many people are willing to help push the pedal down. The "It is what it is" and "Got to get mine before you get yours" attitude is as destructive as the politicians.

This thread reminds me to place another .223 order.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
So... ummm.. Who are you praying to Dean? ;)Ahh, so someone does pay attention!:lol:

Anyways, I completely agree. What's worse is that so many people are willing to help push the pedal down. The "It is what it is" and "Got to get mine before you get yours" attitude is as destructive as the politicians. I'm pretty sure I've said this before... A friend of mine has built his second factory in China because he gets a huge break from our government to manufacture over-sees and not here. We're doomed!!!

This thread reminds me to place another .223 order.With all the over-manufacturing because everyone shit a brick that Obama was going to outlaw everything, you can get 'em pretty cheap.

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 10:06 AM
^^ and that is why I think things are absolutely hopeless. These assholes running the country say nothing to make me think otherwise. Their greed, lies and failure to think long term will destroy this country.

We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we keep putting the same jackasses back in. We've gotten fat on the public trough and anyone who tries to point out the mathematical certainty of our economic collapse on our current path is treated with disdain. An astonishing 45% of US households paid no income tax last year. It cannot be a good thing to have half of the working households with no dog in the fight, so to speak. Promise more of the same, and those not paying put them right back in. The people who do pay, get more and more disenfranchised, and eventually it all comes crashing down. I say we eliminate the horrific mess of the income tax system and do something like the Fair Tax (http://www.fairtax.org/), removing the ability of the Federal government to wield power and divide us the way it does currently.

Snowman
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I know something we all can do right this minute that would help...

www.rosettastone.com/learn-chinese (http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-chinese)

salsashark
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 10:09 AM
We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we keep putting the same jackasses back in. We've gotten fat on the public trough and anyone who tries to point out the mathematical certainty of our economic collapse on our current path is treated with disdain. An astonishing 45% of US households paid no income tax last year. It cannot be a good thing to have half of the working households with no dog in the fight, so to speak. Promise more of the same, and those not paying put them right back in. The people who do pay, get more and more disenfranchised, and eventually it all comes crashing down. I say we eliminate the horrific mess of the income tax system and do something like the Fair Tax (http://www.fairtax.org/), removing the ability of the Federal government to wield power and divide us the way it does currently.

Also note, those same 45% who paid no taxes (or in some cases, got back even more) are the same ones screaming about taxing the rich.

I know something we all can do right this minute that would help...
www.rosettastone.com/learn-chinese (http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-chinese)

I remember in high school being told that in order to conduct business anywhere in the southern half of the US by 2020, you would need to be fluent in spanish. I wonder if Rosetta has a two for one offer...

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we keep putting the same jackasses back in. I'm gonna catch hell for this, but we don't vote. Some will say I have no room to complain, then. I have every right to raise hell as I didn't put any of these dip shits in office.

When there's no one to vote for, how can you in good conscious vote just to say you voted?!?! It's the same with the issues. You can't vote to give more money to schools when the same issue takes money away from the EPA or similar horse shit.

The credit card reform act is a good example. It reformed some of the shit the CC companies were pulling, but it also allowed me to carry my CCW in a National Park.

For the people who are for Credit Card reform, but are against CCW carry in National Parks, how should they have voted?

usmcab35
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM
can someone fight already? this thread has gotten way off track :)

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I'm gonna catch hell for this, but we don't vote. Some will say I have no room to complain, then. I have every right to raise hell as I didn't put any of these dip shits in office.

I have no problem with people who consciously decide not to vote because none of the candidates have their support. That is a perfectly valid way of voicing your opinion. It can certainly have some deleterious effects, but I don't see how it invalidates your right to have an opinion.

I do have a problem with people who don't care enough to participate by not voting for no good reason.

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM
this thread has gotten way off track :)

I'm just trying to save someone from being Rybo'd. :D

usmcab35
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I'm just trying to save someone from being Rybo'd. :D

but some of us want to see someone get Rybo'd:bs:

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
nobody wants to be Rybo'd

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
...It can certainly have some deleterious effects...Like the people already in office!

I do have a problem with people who don't care enough to participate by not voting for no good reason.I realize no one is perfect, but my view of politicians is very tainted. I don't think it's right to vote for the lesser evil of however many may be running for office. If we have five candidates for president and they all are crooks, do you pick the lesser crook? I certainly won't!

We need a reset button. ...and take the lawyers with that reset!

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Might be time to expatriate and move to New Zeland.

Snowman
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Barn all those who get Rybo'd...

+1 on New Zealand (West Coast South Island is mine...)

rforsythe
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Anyways, I completely agree. What's worse is that so many people are willing to help push the pedal down. The "It is what it is" and "Got to get mine before you get yours" attitude is as destructive as the politicians.

True, but there's also the mentality that "it's coming down is inevitable", in which case getting yours while you still can may be the only survival move you have left to play. The people who survived the Depression intact are the ones who had enough reserve to weather the storm, or stole what they needed (some would say there is not a large distinction between the two).

usmcab35
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM
O for fucks sake will someone please get Rybo'd already?

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Might be time to expatriate and move to New Zeland.Too bad they won't take you. Neither will Australia. Seems they have this ridiculous policy that you need to prove wealth and the ability to be a productive citizen. That pretty much rules out Americans!!

I would love to move to N.Z. or Australia!!

rybo
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 12:18 PM
O for fucks sake will someone please get Rybo'd already?

Volunteering?

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Too bad they won't take you. Neither will Australia. Seems they have this ridiculous policy that you need to prove wealth and the ability to be a productive citizen.

Yeah I recall reading somewhere about both of those countries being pretty gatdaym hard to attain foreign citizenship in. Would be nice though. Could definitely retire to New Zeland.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah I recall reading somewhere about both of those countries being pretty gatdaym hard to attain foreign citizenship in. Would be nice though. Could definitely retire to New Zeland.Too bad America doesn't have a policy like that! Could you imagine if we only let productive people in the country. Of course, then the true laziness of Americans would show through, but what the hell...

rybo
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Too bad America doesn't have a policy like that! Could you imagine if we only let productive people in the country. Of course, then the true laziness of Americans would show through, but what the hell...

We also have the disadvantage of land based boarders. Crossing from Canada to the US unobserved is pretty easy. I did it a bunch of times when I lived in Northern Idaho and guided mountaineering trips. Mexico, while moderately more challenging still isn't nearly as difficult as crossing an ocean in a freakin' rowboat. The cubans who make it to florida on rafts probably have a pretty good idea, but even that distance is small compared to how far you'd have to go to get to AU or NZ.

s

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 01:14 PM
We also have the disadvantage of land based boarders. Crossing from Canada to the US unobserved is pretty easy. I did it a bunch of times when I lived in Northern Idaho and guided mountaineering trips. Mexico, while moderately more challenging still isn't nearly as difficult as crossing an ocean in a freakin' rowboat. The cubans who make it to florida on rafts probably have a pretty good idea, but even that distance is small compared to how far you'd have to go to get to AU or NZ.

s

Put another way: A 12000 foot deep, 3000 mile wide moat is pretty effective at keeping the riffraff out...:lol:

Kristian
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I'm gonna catch hell for this, but we don't vote. Some will say I have no room to complain, then. I have every right to raise hell as I didn't put any of these dip shits in office.

When there's no one to vote for, how can you in good conscious vote just to say you voted?!?!?

You need to get involved earlier in the process when/if there is someone who is aligned with your vision! Then you can vote, complain and offer a solution. Not necessarily in that order.

rforsythe
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Could you imagine if we only let productive people in the country. Of course, then the true laziness of Americans would show through, but what the hell...

Yeah, someone mistook 'productive' for 'reproductive'.

Hey someone was gonna say it.

usmcab35
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Volunteering?

haha no but i want to see someone getting the wrath of the mighty rybo...

jbnwc
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM

I think it's much worse that so many people vote, but have no idea who they are voting for or what the amendments, etc are all about.

jbnwc
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I say we eliminate the horrific mess of the income tax system and do something like the Fair Tax (http://www.fairtax.org/), removing the ability of the Federal government to wield power and divide us the way it does currently.

I'm listening to these videos and this FAIR Tax is freakin' brilliant!

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I think it's much worse that so many people vote, but have no idea who they are voting for or what the amendments, etc are all about.AMEN!!!!!

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
You need to get involved earlier in the process when/if there is someone who is aligned with your vision! Then you can vote, complain and offer a solution. Not necessarily in that order.The problem is that even if they do have ideas I agree with, they have many more that I don't or they have been proven crooks.

I would be embarrassed to admit I'm a politician, yet they think their shit don't stink!!

will-t
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I'm listening to these videos and this FAIR Tax is freakin' brilliant!

So the fair tax calculator on that site which I'm guessing is supposed to show you all the money you'd be saving with a fair tax is kinda funny.

Mine shows things like:
Current purchasing power: 80.58%
Current Taxes: 16.31%
Fairtax purchasing power: 76.16%
FairTax Taxes: 19.99%

and I love the side bar:
negative 5% MORE spendable income
negative $2000 MORE purchasing power
negative $2000 LESS federal taxes

LOL

Maybe instead of using their calculator as propaganda they should just have it give factual answers and let you decide if it's better or worse than current. Or at least make it so negative numbers just show up as zeros.

:bs:

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Ooops

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Put another way: A 12000 foot deep, 3000 mile wide moat is pretty effective at keeping the riffraff out...:lol:That's good!!

dirkterrell
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe instead of using their calculator as propaganda they should just have it give factual answers and let you decide if it's better or worse than current. Or at least make it so negative numbers just show up as zeros.

I actually like that they are honest about it. I too would pay a bit more. The biggest pluses to the FT in my mind are the simplification of the taxation system and the resulting reduction in the ability of the politicians to use the tax code to pursue their moral agendas via government power.