PDA

View Full Version : Back Protectors

bornwildnfree
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Ok, so I'm trying to get all my gear in order for racing (may not be this year but I'm trying). Any suggestions for a back protector that will fit a woman well?

CaneZach
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:08 AM
It doesn't matter if you're a male or female, IMO. What matters is your height and the length of your back. Go with any back protector from a reputable manufacturer (A*, Teknic, Forcefield, etc.) that fits you and call it a day!

rybo
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I have a small selection of "loaners" from our SuperStreet sponsor Ayden Lee as well as a coupld different varieties in my personal collection that you're welcome to try out.

S

Sully
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I picked up a Knox back protector from www.sportbiketrackgear.com. They explain how to measure your back and you choose how many spines needed for your length. Love mine! :up: http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4156

aerofaze
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 01:12 PM
We support the customers that support us and we have just as good of deals out there if not better with these items in stock as well.

Dave, I need a backprotector and the dude still needs his, so we'll be up to see you soon- maybe Friday. 8)

tecknojoe
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I'm not reading earlier posts because I'm lazy, but

I have the A* protector that has the shoulder straps as well. The straps make it stay in place easier so I recommend it. I'm guessing the female parts will not really be effected by them. If I'm going to hit the track more, I'm going to invest in a chest protector as well.

Graphite675
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I have a Knox Contour and have been very happy with it. Fits great under my suit, breathes well, and though I never plan on testing it, it seems like it should offer a great amount of protection.

Munchdog
Tue Apr 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM
+1 on the forcefield, mated with a chest protector

GuitarX
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Forcefield is doing some of the best back protectors in the industry. 303 carries 'em.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/back-protector/forcefield-pro-sub-4/

aerofaze
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Forcefield is doing some of the best back protectors in the industry. 303 carries 'em.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/back-protector/forcefield-pro-sub-4/

The thing looks like a beast, Gary! Thanks for sharing the great review.

I'm more than willing to help people get quality gear at a price thats the same, if not better, than online. I also sell various other brands.

Smile, Dave. :D See you soon, hopefully Friday.

brennahm
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I have a Dainese that I really like. Has the hip belt and suspenders so I don't have it moving around on me. Come in several sizes and styles.

Sarge
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I just got the ICON Field Vest Mil Spec. Doubt it would get you on the race track, but I wear it over my leather jacket.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51L05LDIWXL._SS500_.jpg

Sean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I have a Teknic back protector that I don't really care for. Nothing wrong with it, but I just don't have any confidence in it. Seems flimsy compared to the Knox or Bonn stuff. Although it has proved successful in doing it's job on more than one occassion.

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I found a King's Racing brand on craigslist for $20. Comparable to most of the other brands. Although I do like the Dianese style that brennahm has because it seems like the stomach strap is very substantial and won't move on ya.

vort3xr6
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I have the alpinestars and I don't recommend it. Real bulky and uncomfortable.

Mother Goose
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/its_magic.jpg

I have a Dainese back protector that was given to me for free from one of the MRA guys. Shoulder straps are pretty stretched out, but fits pretty good.

Spiderman
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I have a Teknic back protector that I don't really care for. Nothing wrong with it, but I just don't have any confidence in it. Seems flimsy compared to the Knox or Bonn stuff. Although it has proved successful in doing it's job on more than one occassion.

I pulled my superman stunt wearing a Teknic back protector.

CaneZach
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the mods are heavy-handed today!

Like I said earlier, find a good brand that fits you and you're good to go!

GuitarX
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
The thing looks like a beast, Gary! Thanks for sharing the great review.

You are quite welcome. :cheers:

Sean
Wed Apr 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I pulled my superman stunt wearing a Teknic back protector. I just got a lot more respect for my back protector. :viking:

rforsythe
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM
I just got a lot more respect for my back protector. :viking:

Yeah, but he landed on his FACE! :tomato:

Sean
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 07:34 AM
Yeah, but he landed on his FACE! :tomato:1. Superman flies with his hands out first, duh. And 2. according to the Skeleton Bones song, they're all related.

With the shoulder bone connected to the back bone,
and the back bone connected to the neck bone,
and the neck bone connected to the head bone,
and the neck bone connected to the face bone.

rybo
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Yeah, but he landed on his FACE! :tomato:

Bob was wearing his back protector on his face? No wonder he crashed!

(yeah, I know, off topic)

I have a tecknic, a fieldsheer (same design with different names)
I also have an A Stars one and some other brand that I can't remember right now. They all seem to fit the bill.

Like I said before, you're welcome to try any of them out if you want. I also have a selection of ones from Ayden Lee that they sent to us for SuperStreet.

rccarver
Sun May 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM
I just got the ICON Field Vest Mil Spec. Doubt it would get you on the race track, but I wear it over my leather jacket.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51L05LDIWXL._SS500_.jpg
I have this also and love it, but the shoulder protection could extend down a bit more. I can't imagine wearing it over my jacket though.