PDA

View Full Version : Teen Shot and Burned in Backyard

Mother Goose
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Just when you thought you heard it all..... :wtf:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/20/florida.killing/index.html?hpt=T2

WolFeYeZ
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:06 PM
Ok... Thats not cool. Paint cans, really?

bornwildnfree
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:06 PM
Holy fuck! RIP, that's just awful.

Think
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
People like this never cease to amaze me with how cruel humans can be to one another.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Do you notice that most of the really fucked up crimes seem to happen in Florida?

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:30 PM
Wow, just wow...

Sean
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:37 PM
That's pretty fucked up. I'm curious to know the story behind it.

vort3xr6
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:38 PM
What happened to just meeting by the swing set after school and throwin dukes????! Man, kids these days are crazy.

Finklestein87
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM
Crazy shit these kids get themselves into. I blame it on the parents. You would think at least 1 of the 5 kids involved would say "STOP, this is wrong!"

Beat over the head, shot, shot again, knees broken, then shot again...Just terrible.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Crazy shit these kids get themselves into. I blame it on the parents. You would think at least 1 of the 5 kids involved would say "STOP, this is wrong!"

Blame the system that no longer allows parents to discipline their kids.

PsychoMike
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM
i cant believe it was only a 10k bond

usmcab35
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
WOW i would like to hear the story of why it happened.. kids these days make me look like i spent all my younger years in a a field of daisys singing john denver...

will-t
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM
The best parts are the Facebook transcripts. I can't find the original that were actual screen shots, but this one is a pretty nice write up.

http://www.speroforum.com/a/52632/Facebook-Teen-Love-Triangle-Ends-in-Brutal-Slaying

The best parts are where the dead kid keeps talking shit about beating up/killing/shooting the kid (well 19yo) that ended up killing him.

Sounds like they were all hard ass wanna be gangstas. Idiots.

CaneZach
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Do you notice that most of the really fucked up crimes seem to happen in Florida?

Jim, if we eliminated Ohio and Florida, 90% of the USA's "WTF????" crimes wouldn't happen. And I say that as a person who was raised in Miami.

Zach929rr
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.speroforum.com/a/52632/Facebook-Teen-Love-Triangle-Ends-in-Brutal-Slaying

Reading that gave me an anuerism.

will-t
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM
Personally I like where the girl kept using "yuu" in place of "you". If you're going to use shorthand for something, shouldn't it have less characters than the original word? Obviously high intelligence is not paramount in that group, but are they really that bad at English, or does yuu just give you more street cred?

cptschlongenheimer
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM
Blame the system that no longer allows parents to discipline their kids.

Not defending the system but I've never had any problems disciplining my sons.

Which you can do without being abusive or even being physical. (but I know I still have the right to turn 'em over my knee and give them an open-handed slap to the ass. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that it's illegal)

I blame society. There seems to be no social stigma attached to being a bad person anymore and few seem like they possess any sense of personal responsibility.

Even though my oldest is almost 17 he knows I will still turn him over my knee if it really comes to that.
:yes:

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 05:26 PM
Sounds like they were all hard ass wanna be gangstas. Idiots.

That's not all that uncommon in Ocala.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 06:41 PM
That's not all that uncommon in Ocala.

It wasn't like that when I lived an hour south of there. Ocala was always upscale town with alot of equestrian money.

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 08:16 PM
It wasn't like that when I lived an hour south of there. Ocala was always upscale town with alot of equestrian money.

Well, parts of it are like that but there was a lot of riff-raff there too. I lived an hour north of it for a decade, late 80's to late 90's.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Well, parts of it are like that but there was a lot of riff-raff there too. I lived an hour north of it for a decade, late 80's to late 90's.

same here, 82-98. were you in Gainesville?

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 08:48 PM
same here, 82-98. were you in Gainesville?

Yep. Did my PhD work at UF.

Captain Obvious
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM
Yep. Did my PhD work at UF.

I will never read your posts the same way now....... :) Now I will have a mental image of you sitting in front of the internet without clothes but with a propeller beanie on.

Captain Obvious
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 09:45 PM
Just when you thought you heard it all..... :wtf:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/20/florida.killing/index.html?hpt=T2

Something tells me we are looking at the dregs of society in this case. If it wasn't today, it would have been eventual.

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 10:16 PM
I will never read your posts the same way now....... :) Now I will have a mental image of you sitting in front of the internet without clothes but with a propeller beanie on.

You need help. ;)

Zach929rr
Thu Apr 21st, 2011, 11:17 PM
This is what comes to mind with Dirk for me.

http://www.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/carl_sagan.jpg

Squisha
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 06:52 AM
The kid with the teardrops is definitely gonna pay for them. I hear the hard-core prison gangsters don't take kindly to pretenders.

Squisha
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 06:54 AM
You need help. ;)

Now I need help getting the mental picture of Carl Sagan wearing nothing but a propeller beanie out of my head!!:no:

dirkterrell
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 08:08 AM
This is what comes to mind with Dirk for me.

Carl was actually a pretty cool guy. I chatted with him a few times at meetings when I was a grad student, and he was always very approachable and encouraging. Watching "Cosmos" when I was in high school cemented my decision to go into astrophysics. I'm currently re-reading his last book "The Demon Haunted World". We lost a great communicator of science when he died. In our age of specialization, Carl had a breathtaking breadth of knowledge. The world could use more people like him and fewer of the idiots like those about whom this topic started.