PDA

View Full Version : Content Writer / Graphics Design

vort3xr6
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Okay, this job is still a few weeks out from the interview process, but I thought I would post up to the brethren to see if there was anyone who fit this profile.

PM me if you think you fit the bill.
CONTENT WRITER

Stevinson Automotive is seeking a Website Content Creator to design and maintain its websites. The Website Content Creator will be responsible for providing fresh, original content and images to our websites, blogs and social media platforms.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web, graphic design and site management.
The Website Content Creator will be responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development. The Website Content Creator will also be responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns.
Responsibilities
· Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence
· Coordinate web projects across departments
· Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
· Copy, edit and proofread all web content
· Work cooperatively with key team members
Required Skills
· Ability to use XHTML/CSS (HTML5/CSS) and navigate all software to update websites
· Excellent understanding of SEO techniques to help drive web traffic to the websites
· An understanding of key words and meta tags – ability to write web page titles, meta tag descriptions, alt tags for images, etc.
· Proficiency of the tools needed to crop photos and design graphics, including basic Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign.
· Leadership skills to direct and advise other workers to contribute to the website
· A good eye for design and strong grammar skills
· An effective writing style that is fresh, consistent and customer friendly with an understanding of what works on the internet
· Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
Background
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Web Design or Content Management or a related field
· Web design experience with an understanding of how to present web content visually
· Strong editing and proofreading skills

Ricky
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Maybe it's just me, but you should consider having the word "web" in the title of that job, or something similar. I'd skip right over that title in a list of jobs, even though it could be up my alley.

stitch
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
Not to hijack your thread but.....It is amazing the amount of different titles I see for essentially the same job function. I can name over 30 different titles for a web developer position. For example I have seen the title Systems Analyst used repeatedly for a software developer. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

vort3xr6
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
It is very tough to narrow it down to one job position. This position is basically supplementing work that our advertising agency usually does. Daily tasks would include creating graphics for the slideshow on the website, creating email templates for our CRM, writing good SEO pages for different terms or promotions, managing multiple wordpress microsites, creating and writing content for our newsletters, and constantly updating the websites with fresh content.

This isn't a web developer position, or a graphic design position, or a marketing position. It is a mix of all of those.

kevplus2
Fri Apr 22nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
bat has mad skills...dont know if she is looking for anything though

Bat
Sat May 7th, 2011, 02:10 AM
bat has mad skills...dont know if she is looking for anything though

Thankee for the props :) starting my fourth year with my current company and very happy. A Stevinson employee discount (y'all get those?) would be too dangerous for my automobile addiction anyways.

If you aren't getting much in the way of candidates when you do start interviewing, the art colleges can usually hook you up with alumni that may be looking.

Zach929rr
Sat May 7th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Art college wouldn't be a bad idea, but it does cost some coin to have them match you to a couple candidates. 1500 if I recall.