PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Tire

abhi
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 01:46 AM
Hi,
I have a Yamaha R1. I wanted to change the rear tire for my motorcycle. I want to go for a hard compound at the center and soft at the edges. Any thoughts on which tire to go for? I was thinking of Michelin.

Thanks,

-Abhi

TransNone13
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 02:00 AM
190/55 Power One "C" compound. Maybe the Power Pures for road? Had those before the Ones.

That's what I ran on my '09 1000RR at PMP.

Vellos
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 02:14 AM
Pretty much all street tires have softer sides and harder middles. The most talked about tire is the Dunlop Q2s, which I thought people were just exaggerating and hyping up, but I recently got them and oh-my-god... amazing.

Edit: And my last tire was Power Pures. ;)

Scer
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 05:01 AM
Good to hear the tires are worrking good Vellos. :)

ride on ridas

Bueller
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:28 AM
If you search the forum you will find a shit ton of opinions about all the tires. Fact is all the dual compounds are going to be good tires. The Q2's are great tires and if you get 'em from Scer you would be getting one of the best deals around, and you will also get the great customer service he is known for.

chubster2003
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Epic Motorsports in Longmont (actually between longmont and I25) usually has great deals on tires. and good prices on installs too..

like bueller said, almost all dual compound tires are good. I have had GREAT luck with the Dunlop Roadsmarts, they are a sport touring tire, but on my 600rr i have only had it slip once, just a little, and i think there was a little bit of gravel. im on my second set of them, my first set got 10k miles... which is great seeing how i used to go through tires between 3 and 5k miles....