PDA

View Full Version : why no call back?

Husky
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hey TFog guys, I called last friday around 3:00 to order some parts and you guys said you are open till 6 and would look the parts up and call me back?? Never got a call.

thankgod
Sat Apr 23rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
lol, I never got a call back from them either, jerks.

Hey TFog guys, I called last friday around 3:00 to order some parts and you guys said you are open till 6 and would look the parts up and call me back?? Never got a call.

Matty
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Jim is a pretty straight up guy.... Not making excuses for the guy or TFOG in general. But if they aren't returning phone calls they're probably really busy. But ya I understand your frustrations.

birchyboy
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I ordered a set of Race Tech springs from TFOG - they're the only place I've ever dealt with that would take an order with just a name and a number. When I called Friday morning he said the UPS truck hadn't come yet and they would call when the parts came. Fast forward to 3:00 on Friday, no call, so I called back. He said yes they had come. When I picked up the stuff Friday afternoon, he said that he had been slammed and didn't have time to make calls.

I'm not making excuses either, but it isn't like they are Fey Myers with 10 people in the parts department and 10 in the service department (these are guesstimates). He's likely the only guy there is to make calls and was pretty swamped.

BTW - I'll be going to him for stuff from now on because of the service he gave.

The GECCO
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I dunno about this....while I can see the frustration of not getting a call back, I also think it's a rather petty thing to call someone out on a public forum about it. I've been on both sides of it, I tend to get a LOT of voicemails/emails at the track in the second half of the week before each event and sometimes don't get to return them all in a timely manner. I'm sure you're not the only person in Denver trying to get his bike ready for the summer season, they're just busy. This is the real world, cut the guys at least a LITTLE slack.

When you say "last friday" do you mean the day before your post, or a week before? If it was the day before - get over yourself. If it was a week before, yeah that sucks, but have you tried to get back in touch with them? What if they wrote the number down wrong or some other innocent mistake that prevents communication? And how does your post above help solve the problem? You don't identify yourself in any meaningful way, give a number or anything....you just want to whine.

I could see it if you were actually being ripped off, or some other significant deficiency in service, but really :roll:

Husky
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I have delt with Tfog for a long time thats why I was surprised at this. I have delt with Jim and he's always been great to deal with. But to have some Jack ass call me out saying I am petty, whining and to get over myself, go f yourself you punk.

As far as your comment that I called them out on a public forum. Check the title of the Forum genius. This forum is titled to be able to chat with TFOG, so I simply was trying to get in touch with TFog figuring they would tell me they were busy or something came up, I was not attacking TFog at all. I do live in the real world and certainly dont start crap with people that I dont even know, how is that productive?? Seems to me like you have nothing better to do than to just add fuel to the fire, so why dont you mind your own business. Tfog doesnt need your help in defending them especially by just further pissing people off. I'm sure something came up that can be resolved and I will continue to do busines with them as usual without your worthless input.

Vellos
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Just call him, this thread is needless.

Husky
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I plan on that. I'm sure Monday they will take care of me as they have for many years.

CaneZach
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I have delt with Tfog for a long time thats why I was surprised at this. I have delt with Jim and he's always been great to deal with. But to have some Jack ass call me out saying I am petty, whining and to get over myself, go f yourself you punk.

As far as your comment that I called them out on a public forum. Check the title of the Forum genius. This forum is titled to be able to chat with TFOG, so I simply was trying to get in touch with TFog figuring they would tell me they were busy or something came up, I was not attacking TFog at all. I do live in the real world and certainly dont start crap with people that I dont even know, how is that productive?? Seems to me like you have nothing better to do than to just add fuel to the fire, so why dont you mind your own business. Tfog doesnt need your help in defending them especially by just further pissing people off. I'm sure something came up that can be resolved and I will continue to do busines with them as usual without your worthless input.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h185/KakashiForever/MichaelJacksoneatingpopcorn.gif

Zach929rr
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Jim has been crazy busy lately. He doesn't mind if you call him to check on parts or service.

Husky
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks Zach, I know when ever I was down there Jim was usually a 1 man operation so I figure he was swamped and plan on just going to see him Mon.

hcr25
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 02:53 PM
So why not just send a pm here instead of starting a thread about it? Jim is the only guy there. He provides great service and hard to beat prices. If you are in that big of a hurry for what ever it is you need why not just call him?

I'm sure you can find other shops around that can provide the quality of service, prices and never be to busy to call you when you expect it.
Good luck on your search! You will be lucky to find a shop as good as jims.
This is a unneccessary thread. You should have called him before posting this.
Mike

The GECCO
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 03:33 PM

I'll defend who I like, when I like and how I like, thank you very much.

If you're surprised and have dealt with him for so long, why not just call him? If he's too busy to return your call, do you really think he has time to surf the CSC and see your post? And you say what *I'M* doing is not productive? Give me a break.

Just call him, this thread is needless.
I plan on that. I'm sure Monday they will take care of me as they have for many years.

Thanks Zach, I know when ever I was down there Jim was usually a 1 man operation so I figure he was swamped and plan on just going to see him Mon.

So, if that's your plan, exactly what was the point of starting a thread about him not calling you? :think:

BC14
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 03:55 PM
He has always answered my PM's..... Never had any issues with Jim.

Vellos
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/21/d36d55a0-7d02-452f-9e5d-b9e964fc4f99.jpg

mforza
Sun Apr 24th, 2011, 05:23 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/21/d36d55a0-7d02-452f-9e5d-b9e964fc4f99.jpg

:pointlaugh::up:

TFOGGuys
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Apologies to all that have left voice mail in the last 4 or 5 days. I have been working with Qwest concerning the problem. Basically, I get the VM notification, but when I go to check it, it says I have no messages. I'm assured that this should be resolved by the end of the day. Until then, please call back and make sure you speak to me to ensure your best service.

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 09:58 AM
That Jim guy's a real jerk if you ask me. :D

Zach929rr
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 11:28 AM
That Jim guy's a real jerk if you ask me. :D

His boss is a dick too.

kalibra
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Jim and TFOG have always provided me with the best service,prices,etc...ever.I think this whole thread idea was petty as well.As it turned out, it was a technical issue with the phones and now you must feel like an ass starting this thread.That just did not sound like the TFOG I know!

Vellos
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Jim and TFOG have always provided me with the best service,prices,etc...ever.I think this whole thread idea was petty as well.As it turned out, it was a technical issue with the phones and now you must feel like an ass starting this thread.That just did not sound like the TFOG I know!

All that did was make MJ have to stay around a little longer... :no:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h185/KakashiForever/MichaelJacksoneatingpopcorn.gif

TFOGGuys
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Actually, Mike called and left a message with my new counter guy....which I saw this morning:banghead:. I have the info he needs, and tried to call back a few minutes ago, no answer. Technical issues with voice mail appear to be resolved now.

BC14
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Oops, can't trust the help

kalibra
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 05:57 PM
If I call you,Jim and you don't answer or call back...I'll assume you're very busy and call back at a later time.Instead of starting a no point thread here.But that's just me.And MJ can go on and on and on...

hcr25
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 07:00 AM
What the heck Jim, I am calling right now and you are not answering the phone!! I know its just about 7 in the morning and I know you are not open but come on. I need to talk to you right now. Are you even up yet? Maybe I should start a thread about you not being open enough, 6 days a week just does not cut it ;)

In my opinion this thread was started to make TFOG look bad and not to "chat" with Jim about why the OP didnt get a call back. I have never heard anything bad about Jim and I have known him for 13 years. He has great feedback here on the CSC. Do you really think he would purposely not call you back?? :bs:

Sean
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 07:18 AM
If I didn't get a call back from Jim right away--which hasn't happened in the past four years- I would assume he's working his ass off to run a small shop. Then I would call him back, because some people are worth doing business with. :up:

BC14
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 07:55 AM
If I didn't get a call back from Jim right away--which hasn't happened in the past four years- I would assume he's working his ass off to run a small shop. Then I would call him back, because some people are worth doing business with. :up:
+1:applause:

TFOGGuys
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:26 AM
What the heck Jim, I am calling right now and you are not answering the phone!! I know its just about 7 in the morning and I know you are not open but come on. I need to talk to you right now. Are you even up yet? Maybe I should start a thread about you not being open enough, 6 days a week just does not cut it ;)

In my opinion this thread was started to make TFOG look bad and not to "chat" with Jim about why the OP didnt get a call back. I have never heard anything bad about Jim and I have known him for 13 years. He has great feedback here on the CSC. Do you really think he would purposely not call you back?? :bs:

YOU have my cell number , Mike....

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:45 AM
YOU have my cell number , Mike....
303-867-5309, right?

64BonnieLass
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:48 AM
;)

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Ohhhh, good question. I have a completely other number in my cell phone.
epicfacepalm.jpg

salsashark
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
:pointlaugh:

asp_125
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
ROFL!

64BonnieLass
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:57 AM
What??? Granted I'm tired, but what did I miss?

Okie dokie...I am WAY tired I guess. Just got it. (yes, epicfacepalm) Crap!!!

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:57 AM
What??? Granted I'm tired, but what did I miss?
867-530000009999999eeeeeee99999

64BonnieLass
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Yea, yea, yea. Shit!!!!! :lol: I'll be hearing about this 5 years from now. Sonafaholymotherofcrapinpearl.

hcr25
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Ok to much wind for smoke signals but the messanger pigeon should be there soon. I tried the two cans connected by string but some indian guy kept answering. He sounded more red dot then heya heya, I couldnt really hear him though. The string might have been to long.

TFOGGuys
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:14 AM
303-867-5309, right?

One of my ex girlfriend's number...

G35CO
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I usually wait 3-4 days before I call back, playing hard to get :)

I can’t say anything bad about Jim and if he didn’t call me I will call him back because I know his busy. Honest people like Jim stay busy.

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:35 AM
One of my ex girlfriend's number...
I didn't know your middle name was Tommy...

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:38 AM
You should definitely change the name of your shop to Tutone's Garage.

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
TUTOG?

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
:lol: YES!

kalibra
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:21 PM
this kinda thread is why I still visit this forum even six months after moving out of state.And yes I am debating riding 780 miles to Golden to TFOG to have my bike serviced next time it needs it.Jim is that good.Jim is GOD it has been stated here before

Cat118!
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:54 PM
For a small fee just leave your message with me and I'll walk down the street for personal delivery.
Delivery fee 20.00 a message. My feet will need extra pedicure for walking the block to his shop 40x a day. Tips are welcome too

MAZIN
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Jim how come you dont bring me flowers......anymoreeee

extremepaint
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM
$20.00 bucks times 40 trips a day.....

calculating...

thats f'n hooker money!! where do i sign up!

i think this thread has me convinced when i need a tire, i will go here but only at 625 am on a sunday morning demanding doughnuts!