PDA

View Full Version : MRA Race #1 May 7-8th @ High Plains Raceway

MRA
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 09:22 AM
The highly anticipated 2011 MRA season opens at High Plains Raceway on May 7-8th! Seven-time Race of the Rockies champion Dan “Otis” Turner returns to defend his #1 plate against a deep field of 190hp superbikes piloted by the top riders in the region. Don’t miss Josh Galster, winner of 5 class championships last season, as he hopes to repeat again in 2011 onboard a new R6. And Clubman overall points champion, Shannon Moham, will once again set out this season to be the MRA’s “iron-man”.

Don’t miss the three new classes added to the MRA schedule starting this season: Formula 40 for riders over the age of 40, Thunderbike which includes Ducati 848’s, Triumph 675’s and a variety of other bikes, and the Production 250 class which includes Ninja 250’s and CBR250’s.

The hugely successful Super Street class returns for its second season on Saturday. If you’re a street or trackday rider and would like to experience road racing for only $100 and minimal bike prep, go to http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12495 (http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12495)for more information.

Tickets for all MRA races are purchased at the event gate each Saturday and Sunday. Don't miss the experience and excitement of motorcycle roadracing here in Colorado!

Weekend Admission: Adults $10 for the entire weekend of racing. Kids under 12 are free! Stop by your local motorcycle dealer for a 2 for 1 admission voucher. Attend one of the upcoming Hooters Bike Nights on Wednesday April 27th or Thursday May 5th and enter to win free tickets!

Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles(and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.
Information: Call (303) 769-4771
Website: www.highplainsraceway.com (http://www.highplainsraceway.com)

The MRA is dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area. For more information go to www.mra-racing.org (http://www.mra-racing.org)

For a daily schedule of races go to http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12164

TransNone13
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Whoot |o|!

tecknojoe
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 04:05 PM
will be there cornerworking. cannot wait. HPR is a sick track

Slo
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 04:30 PM
street class eh? I won't make the May 7-8th days but I may look into future days. May just slap some race tires on and borrow some tire warmers/generator and go .....

Will come out for corner working as well....

Bueller
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Come on Jay! Have you ridden HPR yet?

'bout time this winter crap went away.

Slo
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Not yet, but I'll manage to get my slo ass out there soon enough.

borrow trailer, tire warmers, generator hahahaa and I'm good to go. Should have never sold all my stuff!!!!

CaneZach
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 09:46 PM
See y'all on the grid!

OUTLAWD
Mon Apr 25th, 2011, 10:55 PM

borrow trailer, tire warmers, generator hahahaa and I'm good to go. Should have never sold all my stuff!!!!

you can pit with me man...I don't have extra warmers, but the gennie can handle a few bikes. and if your doing SS, you could throw my warmers on when I hit the track in HW End before your SS Race

Slo
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM
you can pit with me man...I don't have extra warmers, but the gennie can handle a few bikes. and if your doing SS, you could throw my warmers on when I hit the track in HW End before your SS Race

That's awesome, I will stay in touch with you. I see nothing has changed with the CSC and the MRA with people helpin out when they can.

asp_125
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I'll be cleaning my lenses and charging up the batteries. Clicky clicky.. see y'all out on the corners.

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:09 AM

You know I've got you covered on anything you need. :)

Dirk

Slo
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:15 AM
You know I've got you covered on anything you need. :)

Dirk

You know that you will have to run your bike out there as well if I go!!!

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:30 AM
You know that you will have to run your bike out there as well if I go!!!

I'm racing this year. :) For now it'll be the 750 in Formula 40 and HWEnd and if I can get an SV or somesuch, I'll do Supertwins GTU and maybe LWGP.

Slo
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I'm racing this year. :) For now it'll be the 750 in Formula 40 and HWEnd and if I can get an SV or somesuch, I'll do Supertwins GTU and maybe LWGP.

Damn.... so much for me thinking you were slouching haha. I'll need a tour guide for HPR as well. :up:

OUTLAWD
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I'm racing this year. :) For now it'll be the 750 in Formula 40 and HWEnd

Awesome!

see you on the grid Dirk!

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Damn.... so much for me thinking you were slouching haha. I'll need a tour guide for HPR as well. :up:

Happy to do so. You're gonna love it.

dirkterrell
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Awesome!

see you on the grid Dirk!

I'm just hoping I can complete the endurance race the first round. :) After that I'll be ok.

Dirk

OUTLAWD
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I'm in the same boat...sprained ankle and out of shape as ever because of it...

Bueller
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I am really fukin old and I hurt all the time so zip it! :lol:

And Jay you are gonna love the track, it'll be like when you were ridding IMI and I told you that you would love Pueblo. :)

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I guess I'll go. ;)

UglyDogRacing
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 10:03 AM
MRA 2 for 1 Admission Vouchers can be obtained at the following locations across Colorado-

Denver Metro:
Grand Prix Motorsports & Guns
Fay Myers Motorcycle World
Vickery Motorsports
Aurora Honda
Gforce Powersports
RPM Motorsports
Coyote Motorsports
Colorado Powersports Denver
Erico Motorsports
Sun Honda
BMW of Denver
Performance Cycle
Foothills BMW Triumph
Faster
MadMoto
Let it Ride
Pero Motorsports
303 Cycle
Northern Colorado/Boulder
Tri City Cycle
Rocky Mountain Kawasaki
Northern Colorado European
Epic Motorsports
Ft Collins Motorsports
Moto Adventure Kawasaki
Elite Motorsports
Moto-Garage
Sol Performance
A.C.E.S.
Colorado Powersports Boulder
Boulder Motorsports
Mike's Motorcycle
Colorado Springs/Pueblo:
Apex Sports
Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza (Co Springs)
Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza (Pueblo)
Pikes Peak Motorsports
Timme Motor Sales (Pueblo)
HyMark Motorsports (Pueblo)
Discount Cycleworks (Pueblo)
Mountains:
B&B Sport Cycles (Evergreen)
Boone Mountain Sport (Evergreen)
JnJ Motorsports (Breckenridge)
Silverthorne Power Sports(Silverthorn)
Western Slope:
Grand Valley Powersports (Grand Junction)
Military Bases:
Buckley AFB
Ft Carson

Stank Juic3
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Awww im going to be all by myself. All good i'll just talk to my bike so she can be faster in SS race. I dont need friends!!!!

Bueller
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 05:05 PM
MRA 2 for 1 Admission Vouchers can be obtained at the following locations across Colorado-

I know you can pick up last years vouchers @ TFOG but not any 2011 :think:

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Weather is looking good so far for that weekend. Can't wait to kick this season off. See you all out on the grid.

G35CO
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
If you can only attend one day which day would you recommend?

rybo
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 01:31 PM
If you can only attend one day which day would you recommend?

For spectating I would come on Sunday. For the culture come on Saturday, wathc some racing and then hang with us for the afterparty in the pits on Saturday night.

tecknojoe
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Any time I say "I'm only going for saturday I swear", I get home sunday evening....

UglyDogRacing
Fri May 6th, 2011, 09:03 PM
We couldnt have asked for better weather for the MRA's opening round of the 2011 season at High Plains Raceway; 80's and sun all weekend!

Stop by your local motorcycle dealer or shop for a 2 for 1 gate pass and come out and join us this weekend!

Bashed
Sat May 7th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I will leave a pair of tickets @ the front gate for Sunday's race.
Since I cant race this weekend so am giving a pair of tickets for free.
Just post here first and when I drop them off today I will write on the envelope who they are for. Come out and watch the races for free. Just ask for the Bashedbike envelope.
Later,
Bash

CBRSue
Sat May 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I'm so excited to be heading out to watch the races!!!

sprtbkbabe
Sat May 7th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I have a stack of programs and flyers for Jim @ TFOG

tecknojoe
Sat May 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
There is a ktm rc8r with tire warmers on. Please go out and play. K thanks

gsxrguy5
Sun May 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Anyone get photos or video from the super street race? I was only able to get out yesterday for a couple hours and missed this race. Just curious how it went.

Graphite675
Sun May 8th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Anyone get photos or video from the super street race? I was only able to get out yesterday for a couple hours and missed this race. Just curious how it went.

There was no SS race. We had a bad crash on the practice laps and ran out of time. see here... http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39585

They had to cancel the SS race so they could get in the rest of the points races done..

mccolo
Sun May 8th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I went out and shot a bunch of pictures, also doing a story on Jon Kuo. You can find it all here:
http://www.examiner.com/motorcycles-in-national/kicking-off-motorcycle-roadracing-season