PDA

View Full Version : Not again!

Buddau
Fri May 6th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I know it is too soon to tell the weather, and the forecast will change 50 times from now untill then, but this is going to drive me crazy all week. :cry:

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
Chance High TemperaturesLow TemperaturesPrecipitation
Tonight
May 6 Partly Cloudy
N/A/45° 10%

High not valid after 2pm
Sat
May 7 Partly Cloudy
67°/42° 0%
67 °F

Get Beach Conditions and Tides
Sun
May 8 Partly Cloudy
66°/40° 20%
66 °F

Mon
May 9 Partly Cloudy
71°/45° 10%
71 °F

Tue
May 10 Isolated T-Storms
75°/42° 30%
75 °F

Check Flight Delays
Wed
May 11 Isolated T-Storms
70°/37° 30%
70 °F

Thu
May 12 Partly Cloudy
60°/36° 20%
60 °F

Fri
May 13 Partly Cloudy
62°/41° 20%
62 °F

Protect Your Plants From the Heat
Sat
May 14 Light Rain
69°/43° 60%
69 °F

Sun
May 15 Scattered Showers :guns:
71°/45° 40%
71 °F

Bueller
Fri May 6th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Hey at least the low for the day would be warmer than the high for last Sun. :idea:
71 is a frakin' heat wave! :lol:

Anonymous
Fri May 6th, 2005, 03:13 PM
It'll probably be afternoon thunderstorms, which do tend to happen in Colorado when you get sufficient heating of the terrain. ;) Welcome to summer.

We're in the time of the year now where a 20% chance of afternoon thunderstorms is the normal forecast. However those are usually isolated and move out quick, especially in late spring. Windy but short term usually...

And in case you're wondering, we will run PPIR on a wet track, so bring a rain jacket and RIDE! :D

Ray-Ray
Fri May 6th, 2005, 03:18 PM
WHAT!!! AMA won't run on banked tracks in the rain... Will our AMA sanctioning let us?? What makes us different from AMA that you will let us run in the rain there?

Hoopty
Fri May 6th, 2005, 03:30 PM
This is Colorado meng, we ride in the snow. :lol:

Ytry2
Fri May 6th, 2005, 03:48 PM
you ride to slid

Hoopty
Fri May 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
:mrt: :lol:

Lurch
Fri May 6th, 2005, 04:27 PM
WHAT!!! AMA won't run on banked tracks in the rain... Will our AMA sanctioning let us?? What makes us different from AMA that you will let us run in the rain there?

:imwithstupid:

Lurch

Anonymous
Fri May 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
you ride to slid

If it ain't right it's wrong! :lol:

zx6er
Fri May 6th, 2005, 09:01 PM
what the hell i rode in the snow last week
rain sounds great :)

phillip

japrules
Fri May 6th, 2005, 09:17 PM
what the hell i rode in the snow last week
rain sounds great :)

phillip

Whatever... you also broke your hand at CDR!...

You guys jinx PPIR and I am going to find you all and drag you around the damn track by a rope! :guns:

NO MORE TALK ABOUT WEATHER!

:321:

Hoopty
Sat May 7th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Did I mention I love Colorado weather? :P

Dysco
Sat May 7th, 2005, 12:08 PM
This is exactly why I miss Seattle- nobody there bitches about half a sunny day.

:no:

Taylor
Sat May 7th, 2005, 11:04 PM
we sure do...

Jim Brewer
Sun May 8th, 2005, 09:59 PM
WHAT!!! AMA won't run on banked tracks in the rain... Will our AMA sanctioning let us??
As far as I know, sanctioning doesn't say anything about weather conditions.

What makes us different from AMA that you will let us run in the rain there?
You know we don't use the banking at PPIR. The only place where we come close is the tri-oval @ start/finish. The reason the AMA doesn't run banking in the rain is because they don't think rain tires will hold up at places like Daytona. PPIR is nothing like Daytona.

Except for the AFM at Infineon, every other club in the nation runs in the wet. I don't think we're that much less talented than everyone else, are we?

Lurch
Mon May 9th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Hey Jumbo you are wrong...The AMA will not run PPIR in the rain. I have sat next to the AMA officials for the last 4 years at PPIR and they won't run PPIR or any tracks that run on banking.

You know we don't use the banking at PPIR. The only place where we come close is the tri-oval @ start/finish. The reason the AMA doesn't run banking in the rain is because they don't think rain tires will hold up at places like Daytona. PPIR is nothing like Daytona.

Except for the AFM at Infineon, every other club in the nation runs in the wet. I don't think we're that much less talented than everyone else, are we?

So what do you call the part of the track from T6-T1 and then from T2-T3. I would call that banking with unprotected walls on the outside. Yes Jim we are that much less talented then the AMA. Most of us have to go to work on Monday and actually pay for our racing.

Lurch

*MV* #33
Mon May 9th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I could care less about the rain .. other than I can't afford Rain tires... I can hardly buy regular tires as it is. And if you look at the new dots most of them barely have any tread pattern,, they are practically slicks. And I remember the last few years waiting for the track to dry so the AMA boys could go run again.

:|