PDA

View Full Version : Bandimere May 1st 2011

Scuba_Steve
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:51 PM
http://bandimere.com/images/splashPages/2011_5_1.jpg
Sunday is a rite of Spring at Bandimere Speedway - the Coy's Wheel Warehouse Street Machine Showdown!
Sunday, May 1st gates will open at 8 am for this fun event for any street car - muscle cars, trucks, bikes, imports, high tech, sports cars, or cruisers.
Classes include Street, Street Bike, and Street Sport Compact. Additionally, the Sunoco Race Fuels King Street Series and USP heads-up classes will debut for the 2011 season.
Street Race Entries are $35, Sunoco King Street is $40, and Adult Spectators are $14. Kids 12 & under are free with a paying adult.

Anyone from here racing? I will be there on my Busa, hope to see some of you there :up:.

1BadSvt
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Do they let street tires in the grove or set you out of it like down here at PMP?

Scuba_Steve
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Do they let street tires in the grove or set you out of it like down here at PMP?

Everyone can run in the groove at Bandimere.

Swift
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Whats the regs on bikes these days? Full leathers for everyone?

Fernman
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 12:10 AM
only if you exceed120 MPH.

I might show up.:bat:

Husky
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Just Bought a 08 Busa, will be there to find out just how fast a stock 08 will go.

Scuba_Steve
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 08:25 AM

Yeah, if you are under 120mph you just need a Snell/DOT helmet, Kevlar lined gloves, leather jacket and leather shoes/boots that cover the ankle. Over 120 you need the above plus leather suit or 2-piece zip together suit and a tether kill switch.

Scuba_Steve
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Just Bought a 08 Busa, will be there to find out just how fast a stock 08 will go.

Sweet! I know you were hunting for 9's on your first Gen Busa, should be much easier on your 08 :up:. I'm hoping for 9's on my 04 :wtf:.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah, if you are under 120mph you just need a Snell/DOT helmet, Kevlar lined gloves, leather jacket and leather shoes/boots that cover the ankle. Over 120 you need the above plus leather suit or 2-piece zip together suit and a tether kill switch.
They have never required me to have a tethered kill switch and I'm over 120.

The first time we went, I tried like hell to find a kill switch set-up and couldn't, so we went anyway and they never said a word in tech. We've been quite a few times...

Husky
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 09:38 AM

The first time we went, I tried like hell to find a kill switch set-up and couldn't, so we went anyway and they never said a word in tech. We've been quite a few times...

If you ever decide to get a kill switch, Pingle or Schnitz has them. If you dont have enough room on your handle bars Schnitz makes one that just replace the cover on your front brake lever.

Husky
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Sweet! I know you were hunting for 9's on your first Gen Busa, should be much easier on your 08 :up:. I'm hoping for 9's on my 04 :wtf:.

Hey Steve, yeah I tried like heck on my 02 Busa, streched it, lowered it, had a good exhuast but the best I could get was a 10.5. I see that you are really close on you bike 10.1!! (you're definatley doing something right)

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 09:47 AM
If you ever decide to get a kill switch, Pingle or Schnitz has them. If you dont have enough room on your handle bars Schnitz makes one that just replace the cover on your front brake lever.Right on!!

Hey Steve, yeah I tried like heck on my 02 Busa, streched it, lowered it, had a good exhuast but the best I could get was a 10.5. I see that you are really close on you bike 10.1!! (you're definatley doing something right)Wow!! So, I'm not doing too bad on my '03 R1, then. 11.17 without trying. 10.98 giving it everything it got.

Anyone remember this from the old days. That's Kim!
http://home.comcast.net/%7Etk4480/CSC/bandwheelie.jpg

Husky
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Right on!!

Wow!! So, I'm not doing too bad on my '03 R1, then. 11.17 without trying. 10.98 giving it everything it got.

You're actually doing great with a 11.17. I would think that if you just practice getting good 60' times you'll be in the 10's very easy. What I have going against me is that I'm a chunky 225lbs so I gotta either go on a diet to get into the 9's or buy more horse power

usmcab35
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
^ nice wheelie!

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
You're actually doing great with a 11.17. I would think that if you just practice getting good 60' times you'll be in the 10's very easy. What I have going against me is that I'm a chunky 225lbs so I gotta either go on a diet to get into the 9's or buy more horse powerYeah, it's the launch that is the problem with a bike. I almost bought a set of wheelie bars.

I like how a 15 second car will leave me sittin' off the line, but you can easily catch him before mid-track and smoke him in the traps!

Husky
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah, it's the launch that is the problem with a bike. I almost bought a set of wheelie bars.

I like how a 15 second car will leave me sittin' off the line, but you can easily catch him before mid-track and smoke him in the traps!

I've got a couple different wheelie bars (1 set from my old FZR1000) and one set off my 02 Busa. If they would fit your bike, your welcome to try em out and make some runs with them before you spend $ buying some.

I am at the track usually every Wed for test and tune and than on Friday running the street bike et.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I've got a couple different wheelie bars (1 set from my old FZR1000) and one set off my 02 Busa. If they would fit your bike, your welcome to try em out and make some runs with them before you spend $ buying some.

I am at the track usually every Wed for test and tune and than on Friday running the street bike et.That would be awesome, if they fit!!!! You'd have to hold my hand on the first couple runs, I have no idea where to set them.

Fernman
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 06:12 PM

I am at the track usually every Wed for test and tune and than on Friday running the street bike et.

Husky whats this about Fridays, do they just let bikes show up???

I got an 04 busa in the works and an 08 10 that wants to play.

I wanted to go today but it was cloudy and I have to go back to work at 2am GRRRR (then the sun decides to come up)

Scuba_Steve
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 08:08 PM

You are right, a tether is needed at 10.99 and quicker.

Husky
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Husky whats this about Fridays, do they just let bikes show up???

I got an 04 busa in the works and an 08 10 that wants to play.

I wanted to go today but it was cloudy and I have to go back to work at 2am GRRRR (then the sun decides to come up)

On Friday they have a street bike class that runs only street legal bikes against each other so you dont get stuck next to some car running you over. Usually have around 20-30 bikes show up. Come on up Friday. (There are other classes you can run in, but they are mixed with cars) Just FYI if your gonna run your Busa, you'll need a tethared kill switch as anything 10.99 and faster needs one.

DeeStylez
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah, it's the launch that is the problem with a bike. I almost bought a set of wheelie bars.

Lay all that weight to the front end you should be good.

I might show up this Friday with my lil tribe of spectators.

http://www.9news.com/weather/graphics/home-weather.jpg (http://www.9news.com/weather/)

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Lay all that weight to the front end you should be good.

I might show up this Friday with my lil tribe of spectators.

http://www.9news.com/weather/graphics/home-weather.jpg (http://www.9news.com/weather/)

Doesn't help at all. Ya ever seen an R1 do a high-chair?

It is amazing how some of those guys launch and can keep the front end down without wheelie bars.

Husky
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Doesn't help at all. Ya ever seen an R1 do a high-chair?

It is amazing how some of those guys launch and can keep the front end down without wheelie bars.

You ever try to strap the front end? You can buy the lowering straps for around $25 and they take about 5 minutes to install and than you can just adjust then back to stock heigth for street riding. Really help cut down on wheelies

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
You ever try to strap the front end? You can buy the lowering straps for around $25 and they take about 5 minutes to install and than you can just adjust then back to stock heigth for street riding. Really help cut down on wheeliesWas going to try strapping the front end next time we go out. I've used the locking bracket for MX and damn that thing works well!!

Fernman
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM
On Friday they have a street bike class that runs only street legal bikes against each other so you dont get stuck next to some car running you over. Usually have around 20-30 bikes show up. Come on up Friday. (There are other classes you can run in, but they are mixed with cars) Just FYI if your gonna run your Busa, you'll need a tethared kill switch as anything 10.99 and faster needs one.

cool one more thing, what time Friday?:hibye:

1530 got it thanks:p

Husky
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 05:46 PM
cool one more thing, what time Friday?:hibye:

1530 got it thanks:p

Yup, gates open 3:30 first run at 4:00

Scuba_Steve
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM

It's all in the clutch.

Husky
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Steve, did you make it up to Bandimere last Sunday. I saw a red Busa there but wasnt sure if that was you. We only had about 6-8 bikes show up.

Scuba_Steve
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hey Steve, did you make it up to Bandimere last Sunday. I saw a red Busa there but wasnt sure if that was you. We only had about 6-8 bikes show up.

I sure didn't :( , Weather didn't look too good and I didn't feel like driving 90 miles to find out it was canceled. Really sounds like I should of went, my bike is VERY consistant, oh well, next time.:D

FZRguy
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 11:40 PM

I was right behind her. :bigeyes: Like to try it again this year.