PDA

View Full Version : Bandimere Bike Crashes

Husky
Wed Apr 27th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Tonight a guy on a 600 lost control of his bike about mid track and crashed pretty bad (he didnt get up) and was taken away by the ambulance, just wondering if anyone knows the person and how he was doing?

2nd Crash of the night was a car that just took a right turn into the guard rail at the end of the track (looked like stearing maybe broke) Another Amublance ride.

Heck of way to start the season, hope the people involved are ok.

martincjm
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 07:02 AM
That really sucks. I hope the rider is ok.
Those early season T&T days seem to have lots of mechanical failures whenever I go in April-May.

Fernman
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Just Nutz...

spdrcr1010
Mon May 9th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I work on the start line from time to time. I wasn't there the day of that crash, they said it blew the radiator hose which gives you no chance at all of staying upright. I heard from the medics there that he got a concussion but was able to be treated just fine.

I also heard that while in the hospital they found air in his abdomen. Turns out that was caused by a nasty tumor growing in there. If he hadn't crashed the bike that day the tumor would have been deadly. So in a weird twist of fate the crash saved a life. Pretty amazing I thought.