PDA

View Full Version : Ducati vs. Reporter

BC14
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 05:17 AM
http://money.cnn.com/video/luxury/2011/04/26/lux_ducati_lesson.cnnmoney/index.html
Wait for it........:down:

FZRguy
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Well, anything that gets more motorcycles on the road is okay by me. Wait for $5/gal gas.

rybo
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Totally disappointing.

A parking lot with cars in it as a training ground run by a "professional" instructor?

So he fell over the first time he got on a motorcycle, who cares. My disappointment is that this is what we are labeling "high quality training" for motorcycle riders.

It's time for something better

S

BushyAR15
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I remember doing that multiple times when I first learned to ride too.

I think the report on CNN was a good one as many new riders will tip over as well. I don't think the reporter is any worse than any first time rider. Just that he was being recorded and was using a Ducati Monster rather than some 125 enduro.

At least there is training in todays world. Over a quarter century ago when I learned there were no schools or training at all. Your buddy (with zero instructor skills) showed you how in a parking lot, then you were off on the streets.

I'm not saying it can't be improved, but its better than nothing...

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM
When I took DriversEd in H.S., we had to meet the instructor a few times a week for in car - with a clutch - training... for an entire semester. And then I had 6 months of Dad and Mom telling me tidbits when I had a lerners permit. I was lucky that they are both highly skilled drivers so the info was solid.

When I wanted my motorcycle license, it was a weekend and I was licensed. I wouldn't want to pay more than I did but I wouldn't mind a 5-10 day course spread out over a month or so...

drago52
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
"I got it, I got it... don't got it."

aerofaze
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:40 AM
The instructor's wearing MY jacket.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM
"I got it, I got it... don't got it."

What a dramatic airport!
:cheers:

Mntntoproc
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Appreciated the comment by the reporter alerting divers to look out for motorcyclists... Need more alert drivers!

Finklestein87
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Need more videos like these. It shows its okay to not know how to ride a motorcycle, but most importantly, to at least try and appreciate it what it takes to ride one. Raising awareness. 1 less cager is okay in my book.

BrandonR1
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 03:24 PM
we all started out that way. lol

brennahm
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Learning on a "Ducati Superbike"...where was the superbike?

derekm
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 10:47 PM
save $$$ on gas by buying overpriced euro-trash!

Bueller
Sun May 1st, 2011, 07:03 AM
Learning on a "Ducati Superbike"...where was the superbike?

Lol I was thinking the same thing. As long as he was going to dump a bike, it might as well be a duc. ;)