PDA

View Full Version : HPR - Monday, May 2nd anyone?

OUTLAWD
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Well, something came up, and I can't do the friday practice before the race weekend, so I'm looking to head out monday...not sure yet on the AM or PM session, but I'll be there as long as the weather holds out.

anyone going?

Bueller
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 04:27 PM
If work is still dead I might, I was thinking that the Fri. practice might be a bit much on top of 2 days of racing.

If I do go it'll be afternoon.

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I'm inclined to go in the afternoon. I need another practice session before race weekend and like Bueller, I don't want to do multiple days in a row. I'll probably make the call on Sunday.

jbnwc
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I'll be there Monday afternoon. I'll be a nice big cone for everyone to avoid as I sort out my new bike.

OUTLAWD
Thu Apr 28th, 2011, 09:27 PM
^^ my cone is orange ;)

stop by and say hi

jbnwc
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Now the weather is showing high of 55 Monday. Grrr. I can't justify taking off work for a 55 degree day.

Bueller
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 09:07 AM
It was 59 last Monday and it was perfect for riding.

jbnwc
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 09:15 AM
It was 59 last Monday and it was perfect for riding.

Mondays are crazy for me at work, so if I'm going to take it off it's got to be perfect. The last thing I was is to be at the track thinking I should be working.

jbnwc
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I got a second, third, and fourth opinion and found a couple of meteorologists that are predicting 58 for Monday, so I'm in. See ya'll out there. I'll be the idiot trying to get a ZX12 to turn.

Valguard
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Damn. Had to scheduled an appointment for Monday or else I was planning on coming out. I swear, I'm going to get out there sooner than later.

Zach929rr
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 06:15 PM
^^ my cone is orange ;)

stop by and say hi

HA! Nice helmet work.

OUTLAWD
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Mr. Nice Guy Racing ;)

Zach929rr
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Mr. Nice Guy Racing ;)

Not sure if half-baked reference.

OUTLAWD
Sun May 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM
positive.

now a high around 54:cold: ...I really wish I had friday off instead

Hibs
Sun May 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
I got a second, third, and fourth opinion and found a couple of meteorologists that are predicting 58 for Monday, so I'm in. See ya'll out there. I'll be the idiot trying to get a ZX12 to turn.

What year zx12? I just moved here, have a '00 in candy green. We should get together sometime. I would like to hit up some track days with mine as well.

Aston
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:00 PM
I rode the RS125.. Met Jason with the ZX12 and a couple other people. The weather held out for the entire afternoon. The paddock surface was warm to the touch.

The RS125 is a moving, 100mph cone on the straight. Otherwise it's an amazing bike to brake and corner with. It's fun to rip through other people's brake markers at full throttle!

For the folks who don't think they will be fast enough.. You need not be fast! As long as you're predictable, the fast guys will ride right past you.

I rode through a dust devil at the entry to T4. Strong little bugger!

OUTLAWD
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
yeah...I wimped out this morning...can't afford to cold tear the sh*t out of this set of tires just yet

jbnwc
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah, it turned out to be just about perfect weather in the afternoon. It was nice to meet, you Aston. I'll see you this Saturday in SuperStreet!

Hibs - I picked up a '00 in red last fall. Monday was her first track day. I was pleasantly surprised; it's heavy, but definitely workable on the track. You kinda have to take the sledgehammer approach since it's no scalpel, but it actually goes pretty well at the track.