PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Manager (aka Program / Account / Client Manager)

Vance
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Here's the 411 on what is essentially the job I'm doing now - that should be opening very soon at my company. This may be a LITTLE early - but considering my boss asked me to write this up for him yesterday I'm presuming they're finally going to make a move on opening this position soon:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivery Manager

The objective of the Delivery Manager is to enable the “world-class” support and delivery of all Managed Services activities for our customers. This position will support the contractual needs of the company's service customers with the focus on customer satisfaction and customer retention.

The Delivery Manager is responsible for making sure that all of the company's deliverables are met and often exceeded, and that a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved. The Delivery Manager must be capable of anticipating customer needs to foster strong customer relationships, the delivery of solutions that eliminate the occurrence of most issues and supporting teams to perform in an integrated and smooth manner in stable and crises conditions. The Delivery Manager should also be competent in designing strategic plans for customers to deliver sustainable positive service results. The Delivery Manager will be responsible for all Business Relationship Management activities and must act in a mentoring and leadership role to provide positive examples and ultimately motivate the team members and the organization in for positive and professional role model. The Delivery Manager will help support the setting of long term support plans for customers while following the ITIL-SM framework for all processes.

Key Responsibilities and Skills:
· Participate in meetings regarding service delivery, strategic planning, and IT transition planning.
· Assist in developing, planning and implementation of Configuration, Asset, and Change Management.
· Monitor performance and service delivery metrics and initiate plans for exceeding targets.
· Perform risk assessment and risk mitigation strategies.
· Ensure that effective communication and problem management occurs at and between all support tiers.
· Posses a solution-oriented, strategic approach to customer delivery issues.
· Initiate Client meetings to keep the Client up-to-date on the company's support efforts, industry trends, and innovative tactics that may enhance their database environments.
· Make, supervise, and support decisions based on multiple customer needs, project objectives, and consideration of time lines, budgets, and staff.
· Know when to consult with higher management levels regarding decisions. Be capable of making trade-offs within the delivery management team with regards to priorities.
· Ensuring all internal stakeholders have clear visibility into the status of all projects and timely information needed to execute on their plans.
· Ensuring all internal stakeholders are effectively collaborating to produce expected results.
· Providing analysis of key processes and recommendations for improvements.
· Managing services delivery for customers in a high-exposure environment.
· Partner with senior level business partners from across the organization.
· Attend and actively participate in cross-functional project meetings. Provide input into all phases of service delivery.
· Identify all issues, milestones and status relating to core projects for Managed Services customers.
· Sound management ability and strong decision making skills.
· Well developed project management skills and work flow process development skills.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

Facilitate resolution of resource contention situations and customer incident resolution.
Conduct all project team meetings from kickoff to certification of pilot program.
Ensure all project plans are up to date and complete with respect to planning, scope, scheduling, estimating and status.
Analysis of factors leading to customer engagement success and recommendations for improvement.
Demonstrating and role modeling leadership qualities for team members and all employees
Strong knowledge of Customer Service/Call Center concepts, strategies and methodologies.
Six Sigma and ITIL experience preferred.

Skills and/or Experience:
· 2+ years experience in Information Systems in a large enterprise environment.
· 2+ years as a Customer Service, Service Desk Manager, Database Administrator.

3+ years experience in project management, business operations, objectives and strategies as well as business process and information flow
3+ years experience in program management as demonstrated on complex inter-related projects in matrix-managed environments
5+ years account management experience with working knowledge of ITIL framework best practices.

· Experience with Customer Service, Service Desk Manager, Database Administration establishment/implementation.
· Experience with customer support for deployed systems.
· Experience with earned value methodologies to control the execution of the task, monitoring progress, status reporting, resolving critical issues, and planning for subsequent phases of work.
· Ability to recommend changes in procedures and processes to improve service delivery.
· Extensive knowledge of industry standards.

Professional oral and written communication skills, and expert organizational skills.

Education:

Bachelors degree (Master's degree preferred) in business or technical discipline or equivalent experience.
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent PM experience preferred.
Software skills: MS Project, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), and Visio preferred.
Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills; critical thinker with excellent judgment and initiative.
Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
Ability to effectively build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.

The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:

Integrity – words and actions are always consistent and behavior is always in accordance with highest ethical standards.
Passionate about success – demonstrated desire to be the best they can be both individually and at a team level.
Critical thinking - Demonstrated ability to identify and understand all key variables related to a process.
Excellent problem solving skills – able to engage and lead diverse interests towards a higher level common objective in an efficient and effective manner.
Communication skills – clear, concise, timely communication of information, both written and verbal, that provides the context and framing needed to drive appropriate action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions about this position - don't hesitate to ask --- it is literally my current job at the moment so I can answer anything and everything about it.

Here are a few tidbits I can tell you that is not intuitive from the description above:

HONED ADHD PERSONALITY: Is PERFECT fits for this sort of job... because it is constantly changing in respect to the problems you deal with daily, and the ability to multitask without micromanaging is the most beneficial trait you could possibly have to succeed at this role.
AWESOME WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: especially in writing "spin doctored" messages, "Politically Correct" messages, etc to clients... basically your job it so make everything all good with the client - and even when its not all good - make them feel like you're the person who has the power to make it all good, even if you're not.
DISCIPLINE: because you will have the option to work from home (unless you live in the vicinity of Broomfield and want to be in-office) - you must have the ability to successfully work in a home-office without too much distraction.
GEEK SPEAK: while you aren't a DBA or doing any DBA work - you should have a fundamental understanding of how to work with in-then-trenches DBAs and IT folk who may only speak geek... who may not be the most communicative, and who you may have to extract information from by hounding them until you get what you need.
PATIENCE: you WILL be working with a staff in India - which means you will have to deal with VERY VERY heavy accents that sometimes does get in the way of communications - and that means sometimes it causes problems in communications between the client and that DBA staff - which is something that sometimes you have to "clean up" by playing translator / re-translator for the client.

Based on this... if you think you'd be a good fit for the job - send me your resume at: jim (dot) vance (at) gmail (dot) com

Again - don't hesitate to ask questions if you'd like before considering submission for this role.

Vance
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Oh - forgot to mention - this is for my company based out of Broomfield, CO... but as mentioned the home office option is available most days of the week - but you are typically required to come in on at a minimum Tuesdays for team / staff management meetings.

Zach929rr
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 08:23 AM
You pretty much just described my current job and resume. If I didn't already have a good job... Out of curiosity, what's the pay?

Vance
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure quite yet because there hasn't been an official posting as to what the starting range is --- I'm guessing low 70's to low 80's based on experience.

Zach929rr
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Sounds like I need to be paid better :lol:

Sir Bacon Lube
Fri Apr 29th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I deal with the Customers...b/c I am a people person!!!